Chapter 19: Knew

You Changed My Life

Chapter 19: Knew

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I carried Jinye and unlocked the door. As usual, my house was dark and quiet. I sighed and switched on the lights.

Again, the lonely feeling hits me.

My umma, she opened a kindergarten at Daegu last week. She would be staying in Daegu for few months before coming back.

My noona, she just got married and she was not living here anymore.

My appa, who cares about him? He was away for his sailing trip. Probably he was having a high time with his girlfriends in the ship.

I’m all alone. But tonight, Jinye was accompanying me.

I locked the door and carried Jinye to my bedroom. I placed her on my bed, without bothering to switch on the lights. I took off her heels from her small feet and placed them neatly on the floor.I went to the bathroom to get a basin of water and a towel, ready to clean Jinye’s face.

I walked to the bed side and took a chair to sit down. The moonlight shone through the window and made the room brighter. Jinye, was bathed by the beautiful moonlight and her face was clearer and distinct to me. I could not help admiring Jinye’s beautiful face. Why, why I did not notice this before?

My hands gradually moved towards her face. I got an urge to touch her lovely face but I…backed off instantly.

What am I doing?

I scoffed and shook my head lightly. I went to take a towel and sponged her face. Memories flooded back into my mind; I could not help reminiscing that time where Jinye took care of me when I was ill in this room. The same old place. After cleaning her face, I brought a thick blanket over her and tucked her tightly in bed, fearing she was cold.

Hmm… I guessed I had to sleep on my couch. Before I did so, I stared at her innocent sleeping face. I held on one of her hands and whispered, even though I know she was unaware of what I’m doing.

“Jinye…you’ve grown prettier... Do you know I regretted hurting you? I actually found out that I love you in after the break up. I wanted to gain you back, I wanted to let you know my feelings…but…you had already moved out. It…it…hurts, you know?”

I did not know, I could not control my emotions. I felt my eyes were watery and after that, I began to cry non-stop. I looked like a cry-baby now.

I continued grasping on Jinye’s hand and placed it on my chest. “I really love you. Do you hate me for betraying you?”

I knew my questions were left unanswered. I knew it was stupid to talk to someone who was sleeping, or more like drugged and unconscious of the surroundings. But, it’s great to let me heartfelt words out. My heart was not as heavy as before.

Unknowingly, I fell asleep by my bedside.

 

Jinye’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly. The first thing that came to view was the blue ceiling on top of me. I did not remember I painted blue on my bedroom ceilings.

WAIT.

I tried to recall what happened last night.

I remembered I went to the lounge and drank with Mr Park. Then I felt dizzy and realised Mr Park drugged me. He brought me out of the lounge, towards his car. I pushed him and then I fell on the ground…and I had no memory of what happened next.

OH .

I began to sit up and looked at myself thoroughly.

PHEW, I WAS NOT RIGHT? MY CLOTHES WERE INTACT.

I began to look around the surroundings. Where am I? Mr Park’s house?

But…why was this place so familiar?

I got out of the bed and walked towards the door. I twisted the doorknob and I was greeted by the aroma of morning breakfast downstairs. I gradually walked down the stairs. Part of me was afraid, but part of me was curious, who had saved me. Before I reached the first level, I saw photo frames in the living room.

Jonghyun…?

Jonghyun saved me?

KIM JONGHYUN SAVED ME?!

I almost tripped and rolled down the staircase. This…this could not be happening! I remembered…I just remembered…this WAS Jonghyun’s house. This was really Jonghyun’s house!

Oh. Gawd.

I did not dare to go down to the kitchen and faced him. Looking at him, I would remind of those damn memories. Looking at me, I could not control my emotions and might cry. I tried to remain calm, but my I was having those nervous and anxious mixed feelings.

One way to avoid him: get out of his house now.

I walked back to his room stealthily and retrieved my heels. I walked down the stairs without any sounds and quickly paced towards the main door.

He did not notice me yet.

I opened the door. “CLICK.”

“Jinye?” Jonghyun called out, but he’s still in the kitchen.

.

I was already out of the house. If I continued to run, Jonghyun might catch up on me anytime.

Oh yes, I should go back to my own house. I ran with my heels, which was an amazing feat and I reached my house in no time.

I rang the bell several times, I noticed an old man came out of the house.

My appa.

I did not see him for months, and he seemed to be aged a lot.

I’m not a filial daughter at all.

“Jinye?!”

He opened the gates for me and let me in.

Today is my reunion day.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I heard a ‘click’ sound, which seemed from the main door.

“Jinye?” I called out, probably she was awake.

The next sound I heard was a slight slam.

Am I hearing things?

I stopped frying the bacons and switched off the stove before going upstairs to check on Jinye.

She was gone.

Utter despair.

I went down the stairs slowly and began to laugh at myself.

“Why am I so foolish to engage this kind of one sided love? She hates me, for sure. Why am I not letting her out of my heart?”

 

For sure, she did not want to see me ever again.

 

Was this the time to give up on her?

 

Jinye’s POV

“APPA!” as soon as I entered my old house, I hugged my father.

For 6 months, I did not see him. I’m such a bad daughter.

“Jinye, you finally here.” My appa beamed, I already saw those wrinkles formed at the side of his eyes.

I nodded, my tears were threatening to fall.

“Come, let’s have a chat.” My appa pulled me and ushered me to sit down with him on the sofa.

“Jinye, you’ve changed. A lot.” He held on one of my hands.

“I know. Where’s aunt?”

“Your stepmom went to Taiwan with her friends.”

“I see…” I looked down.

There was a silence. It was not awkward. I rather like this silence. It seemed that we enjoyed this silence. We love each other’s company. We did not have to talk as we knew in our hearts that we love each other.

My appa and I never had a heart-to-heart chat before. It was always my umma, I could confide to. After that fateful divorce, my umma fled overseas with her new boyfriend. I never heard of her since. Sometimes, I blamed my Appa for divorcing Umma. Ever since, I took Appa for granted, since he let me do whatever I wanted. When I became older, I knew, it was not Appa’s fault for the divorce. I came to know that Umma was the one who was unfaithful to Appa. And therefore, my Appa remarried to that sickening aka my stepmother.

“Jinye…Do you want to move back?” my Appa broke the meaningful silence. I fidgeted.

I wished to.

“I…don’t know.”

My Appa looked at me and sighed. “Don’t you think escape from reality is a stupid thing to do? The problem still remains unsolved, you would still live in agony.”

He was hinting something to me. I could not quite get it.

“I know you are avoid your ex beau.” he continued.

I was appalled. How did he know this?

“Appa…”

“I know you are avoiding…Jonghyun. He is very annoying. Ever since you left this house, he pesters me every day. I think I cannot take it anymore.” He laughs.

“You mean he comes here every day?” I questioned.

My Appa nodded.

How…How could this be?

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello my dearest readers! I've updated, kind of a short chapter, was it?

Have you watched SHINee's Relay MV (Japanese Version).

I swear that SHINee is adorable and charming!!! If you have not watched, go search for it on youtube! ^^

I love all my readers! Do give comments to make me improve further ^^