Chapter 10: Sick

You Changed My Life

 

Sorry for the very late update as i was busy with my schoolwork and also my other fanfics.

Check out of my fanfics based on BEAST/B2ST: Confessions to an Idol

Also, this was my first fanfic that i tried with a revenge thingy but i not sure if i would fail. Hope not, haha. I realised i prefered to write lively stories better. Do take a look at "Confessions to an idol", it is a lively story ^^

 

Get well soon, Jjong! & To readers: Happy lunar new year in advance ^^ 

 

Chapter 10: sick

Jonghyun’s POV

“Jonghyun ah, what to do?” my noona was in verge of tears.

I could not bring myself to let my noona to cry. I knocked on the door as hard as I could. True enough, my appa opened the door and rushed out. My noona rushed into the room to comfort my umma whileI ran after my appa.

“APPA! What do you think you are doing?” I asked him, but more like an interrogation.

My appa stared back at me and yelled, “Nothing!”

“REALLY? LET ME TELL YOU THEN. YOU’VE HURT UMMA  AS WELL AS NOONA AND ME.”

“HURT?” he scoffed. “I work and provide income for this family. I let you all live in this kind of big house. What hurt do I do? You’re kidding me, Jonghyun.”

“Have you ever care for us? For instance, you don’t even remember how old am I!

“So what? It’s normal to be forgetful.”

“Oh really? Then do you have any woman outside?” I peered at him closely.

I was hoping the answer would be a no. He could lie to me, really but he did nod his head. I felt like bashing him any moment but I could not. The person in front of me was my father. I could not do that. I felt like crying again. How could I accept this? My appa was having a woman and my mom was sobbing bitterly in her room.

“GREAT. YOU’VE CONFESSED.” I shouted and ran out of my house, not forgetting to slam my door shut.

I not sure where was my direction. The sudden rainfall came hitting on me but I did not care. I just kept on ran till a park where nobody was there. I walked up to the nearest bench and sat down. I did not want to be a crying baby but could not help to cry.

Maybe, the sky was crying with me because it pitied me.

Suddenly, I felt there were no raindrops on me.

“Finally, I found you.” A voice surfaced.

I looked up. It was Goo Jinye, holding an umbrella.

I quickly wiped my tears but they were still flowing. Jinye grabbed my hands and said, “It’s okay to cry, especially in front of me. I’m not going to mock at you.”

Hearing what she said, those uncontrollable tears streamed down heavily. She squeezed my hands as if she was comforting me.

Turning to look at her, I released her hands and I hugged her tightly. Her umbrella fell off to the ground. Those merciless raindrops were still hitting us but I was used to it. At least it helped to rained some of my tears away. I did not felt like letting go of her at all and held her crying till I’m satisfied. Yes, this was the kind of support I needed right now.

It was after some time before I stopped tearing up. I released her but I found myself trying to avoid her eyes. In other words, I felt embarrassed to cry in front of a girl. Well, my new girlfriend.

“It was my first time to see you cry.” She smiled.

“You promised that you will not mock at me.” I pouted.

“Sorry.” She smiled. “Are you okay now?”

“Um…yeah. Are you not going to ask why am I crying?”

“I am waiting for you to tell me.”

“Okay, I will tell you but are we staying in the rain like this?” I pointed to my wet hair.

 

Jinye’s POV

Things were getting well. I felt sorry for Jonghyun for undergoing those unwanted pain. His father got a woman, which was really unfaithful.  I reached home and found that there were 3 miss calls from Minho. I had totally forgotten about going to his house to see his puppy. So, I just texted him that I unable to go his house, hoping he was not mad.

 

 

I woke up a little late as I was having a slight flu. I could not help sneezing and sneezing. It was cold morning, partly because the heavy rain did not stop. I guessed it was due to the rain, I had flu. I quickly put on my uniform and carried my bag. My message tone rang and i opened my sms.

 

From: Minho

I left my house earlier since my dad was driving me to school. I called Jonghyun hyung several times but he did not answer. I called his house but it seemed no one was in the house. Can you help me to check on his house or even get him up? To get in to his house, flip the carpet by the door and you will find a key.

 

Aish, that sleepy head Jonghyun! Didn’t he know there were classes and tests today? I rushed out of the house, did not even to touch my breakfast and headed to his house.

I rang the doorbell several times. Nobody opened the door. I just remembered about the under the carpet, there was a key thingy. I managed to get the key and opened the door.

The first thing that came to my mind was the magnificent house. The decorations of the house were simple yet elegant. There were gold plated staircase banisters, sofa lining, statues, etc. Was Jonghyun’s family filthy rich? I wanted to walk around the house to have a good look, or even comparing my house to his. Yet, it dawned to me that classes were going to start in half an hour’s time. I rushed up the staircase and greeted by the long corridor.

It seemed that this house was cold and quiet. I could even hear sounds of my breathing. It seemed that no one was at home.

 I stopped upon a room with a door tag: Jonghyun’s land. Do not enter.

I almost burst out laughing and found the tag was really cute. I began knocking the door several times.

“Jonghyun! Are you still sleeping? WAKE UP!”

It seemed that Jonghyun was not in the room. Just to double check that he was not in his room, I tried twisting the doorknob. Oh, the door was opened.

I was greeted by a dark and gloomy room. I did not know why the atmosphere felt so sad here. I felt so sad without a reason. It was so dark and I could not see anything, i guessed Jonghyun already left for his school. I better leave or I would be late for school.

”ACHOOOOOO!”

OMG? I quickly switched on the lights. Hmm, the bedroom seemed brighter.

I walked into the room and found Jonghyun on his bed, cuddling himself with a blanket tightly.

“Jonghyun? You are going to be late for school!” I yelled.

He moved a little but still did not wake up. I rushed to his bed and shook him hard. Slowly, he opened his eyes.

“Jinye…? Why…are you here?”

“Time to get up, kiddo.” I try to drag him out of the bed. I grabbed his arm but it felt HOT. I quickly placed my hand on his forehead.

He got a high fever.

“Are you okay? You are having a high fever!”

“Reeeally? It’s okay, I will be fine soon.” He tried to get out of his bed slowly.

“No! Stay put! Where’s your thermometer?” I glanced around his room frantically.

“First drawer on that cabinet.” He pointed weakly.

I rushed and got his thermometer and measured his temperature. Oh gawd, 39.2 degrees Celsius!

“Shall I call your family members?” i said as i put him on his bed.

“Don’t…bother…” he said with his eyes closed.

I nodded and felt worried for Jonghyun. I rushed out of his room and found a washroom. I gathered a basin of cold water and some towels and entered his room. Jonghyun was shivering as he was cold. He cuddled and hugged himself tight and looked pale. Poor boy.

I sponged him with cold water, to see if his temperature could be brought down. It seemed that this did not work.

“Are you okay?” I grabbed Jonghyun’s hands tightly.

“Neh…I felt c…cold but I will be fine after a sleep.”

“I better bring you to a doctor.” I said, with teary eyes.