Chapter 4: The Date (part 1)

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 4 is here, (:  I'm trying my best to write a better chapter but I'm tired now. I hope that i can write a better chapter next time. ((: Thanks to my readers and anonymous readers without accounts(my friends, cousins and everyone), you are my source of strength to make me excel further ~

 

Chapter 4: The Date (Part 1)

 

Jinye’s POV

 

Saturday came too fast. Well, I started my first day of school and got to know Dinosaur on Thursday, so that’s why the date was like so rush. I should not agree to that Dinosaur in the first place, since I could spend time doing something I like. Why? My dad do not work on weekends, he will be always at home during weekends. Sadly, my y stepmother will not even have a chance to make me do housework on weekends.

 

That damn Dinosaur wanted me to meet him at some ice cream parlor called “Ice Palace”. Luckily that ice cream parlor was near my house, if not I would not even want to hang out. With my polo shirt and a pair of old skinny jeans, I’m ready to go.

 

“Jinye, where are you heading to?” my dad asked as he was drinking coffee in the living room.

 

“I’m meeting my classmate.” I muttered.

 

“That’s great! Finally my dear daughter will not coop inside her room whole day and knows how to have fun! Now go on, be back for dinner tonight!” my dad said excitedly.

 

That was so absurd. Whatever, I did not want to see that sickening ’s face too.

 

**************************************************

 

I reached the ice cream parlor 10 minutes earlier. I came out too early so I sat at one of the tables, waiting for that Dinosaur. Tired of waiting, I took out my comic book and read.

 

“Jinye.”

 

As I was prepared to yell at Dinosaur for being late, I looked up with eyes widen and astonishment. This is Dinosaur? His hair was styled neatly. He had his headphones around his neck, wore a graphics pink tee and demin skinny jeans. He also wore a black leather jacket over his tee. He looked thin and cool and good-looking.

 

He sat down in front of me and gave a wide smile. Ahh, why his smile was so attractive? Okay, stop thinking of this. I ordered banana sundae while Dinosaur ordered strawberry sundae.

 

“Jinye, you look awesome today.” Dinosaur grinned at me.

 

What? Really? Although his words sounded soothing but it was totally unbelievable. I just glared at him.

 

“I didn’t realize how great you look without your hair being tied.” He added on.

 

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I shall shut my ears off. I’m having goose bumps!

 

“Why are you gone quiet?” he asked gently and held one of my hands.

 

I could not believe it. Why was Dinosaur being so weird today? I’m not used to his honeyed words and gentle voice.

 

“Er hem.” I cleared my throat and pushed his hands off. “You are weird.”

 

“Jinye, I’m always like that, it is just that you do not how to appreciate me.”

 

I was bewildered and could only stare at him.

 

“You like my handsome face so much?” he joked and cupped my face with his hands. He looked into my eyes. Gosh, why his eyes were so….mesmerizing? Nooooooo! Stop thinking of all these, Goo Jinye!

 

Jonghyun, I mean Dinosaur let go off his hands when the sundaes were served.  I could only look down and eat my sundae quietly and nervously. I could feel Jonghyun, I mean Dinosaur staring at me whilst eating his strawberry sundae.

 

“Aigoo, so cute!” the words he said came out of the blue and he used his finger to wipe off the cream that stayed on my pink lips.

 

I gave a frown and muttered a word of thanks and continued chewing the bananas. The atmosphere was so weird, why was he behaving like this? I wanna get home as soon as possible now.

 

After we finished our sundae, I wanted to pay for both sundaes since Dinosaur saved me once. Yet, he insisted paying, so I did not care much. He went to the counter to pay and I was still sitting at the same seat, waiting for him.  Suddenly, a waiter approached me with a red rose. I was like, “Huh?”

 

“Mr Kim instructed me to pass this to you.” The waiter spoke and walked away.

 

Mr Kim? Dinosaur?!

 

Dinosaur walked towards me and smirked at me. Ahh, his smirk! That trademark smirk again!

 

“Do you like it?”

 

I rolled my eyes and just accepted the rose. First time in my life, I got a flower from somebody. Some more, it was from a guy. I nodded and prepared to go home.

 

“Wait, can you please take a stroll with me? Please?” Jonghyun pleaded at me with puppy eyes.

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

The plan was started smoothly. I’m glad as I felt Panda was more kind towards me. She even agreed to take a stroll with me. I believed that the show was going to begin.

 

“Jinye, can you please tell me why did you change school?” I asked politely.

 

 “Ah. My dad wanted to move into a bigger house at a new estate.” She replied.

 

I gave an ‘O’. Your dad made a splendid choice so I could know you. GOO JINYE.

 

“Jonghyun oppa!”

 

I stopped and turned around. Okay, that Eun Ri and her clique were here. Basically, I detested Eun Ri. I flirted with her before just for the sake of fun but things got worse when she tried to stick with me in class. Luckily, I was same class with her during English lesson or else i would go bonkers if I see her in every single lessons. I not sure if I should blame my charms or what but she created a fan group for me. She made me think twice before flirting a girl.  Wait, I hope she would not ruin my plan.

 

EunRi and her friends walked towards me. First, she gave a disgusted look and said, “Jonghyun oppa, who’s that girl? She is so ugly and so geek, I hope she’s not your friend or something.”

 

Suddenly, a light bulb formed above my head.

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint you. She’s my girlfriend.” I emphasized the word ‘girlfriend’.

 

Jinye stared at me with mouth wide open and mouthed the words “what did you just said?!” On the other hand, Eun Ri and friends started to laugh out loud.

 

“Jonghyun oppa, your sense of humour is great!” Eun Ri praised.

 

“Do I look like I’m joking?” I asked, holding on to Jinye’s left hand and walked away without looking at Eun Ri’s epic face.

 

“Let go of me!” Jinye hissed when we walked further.

 

I refused and smile, “Why? A boyfriend wants to hold his girlfriend’s hand, is that wrong?”