Chapter 16: Heartbreak

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 16: Heartbreak

 

Jinye’s POV

Misery.

I ran and ran till I’m really exhausted.

Throughout the whole 'marathon', I felt several vibrations from my phone. Needless to say, that heartbreaker was spamming calls. Irritated, I threw my phone under a tree and continued running. I then found myself in front of the school field.

School field. The first time Jonghyun held my wrist and brought me here. The first time Jonghyun carried me from here to the nurse room.

This was heartbreaking. Those stupid memories started to flood my mind.

I walked slowly into the empty school field. I stood at a particular spot, motionless. I tried not to recollect those damn memories that made me cried harder but I couldn’t. Tears continued dwelling and I suddenly dropped onto my knees. I faced the green patch of grasses under me and I noticed that I’ve been watering those grasses with my tears. I...I felt so miserable.

 “JINYE!”

Oh no.

I got up and tried to run towards the exit but he was too fast for me. He caught my arm but I refused to face him.

“Where are you going?”

“…”

“Wait, are you crying?”

He pulled me towards him and made me faced him.

“What happened?” his words came with tinge of concern.

I would just say the hurting truth.

“Minho…Jonghyun betrayed me.”

“WHAT?” he exclaimed. “HE REALLY BETRAYED YOU?”

It seemed that he already knew that Jonghyun betrayed me. Why am I the last one who got to know the truth?

“Stop crying, your precious tears are not worth for it.” he patted my back gently.

I wanted to stop, but it seemed that my water tap refused to turn off. He wiped off my tears with his thumb carefully and pulled me to his embrace.

“I don’t mind if you wet my shoulders.” He said cheekily.

At least, I felt comforted.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

“JINYE! JINYE!” I yelled.

She ran and ran, ignoring me.

Please, turn and look at me!

She continued running.

TURNNNNNNNN!

She was out of my sight.

DAMN.

DAMN.

DAMN EVERYTHING!!!

I kicked at the nearest pillar hard, and I felt simultaneous pain came on my leg after that.

That wretch dumped me, SHE FREAKING DUMPED ME. !@#$%^&*

I SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO DUMP HER.

SCREW YOU, MINRI!!!!!! MY REVENGE HAD HALF-FAILED. ARGH.

I think, the fastest way is to call JINYE.

PICK UP MY CALLS!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

She didn’t.

Freak. I began to search for her instead. I am going to haunt you down, Goo Jinye.

I walked through the corridors with a foul mood. Jinye, you were so not going to dump me!

And where could she be? School field? My intuition kind of told me so.

I paced to the school field, at least I hoped she was there. Probably I told her I would repent and then after some time, dump her. I walked passed a tree and spotted her phone. Gawd, she dumped her phone away, that’s why she didn’t pick up my calls! AISH! I went to pick her phone up anyway, it was so expensive to waste.

I was then greeted by a great patch of green grasses. The school field. I looked at the field and I spotted 2 people hugging. Choi Minho, Goo Jinye. That was such a disgusting sight.

An unknown anger came towards me, I knew I had to confront to the adulterous pair.

“LET GO OF HER.” I bellowed at Minho, after charging towards them.

Minho looked at me. Yeah, he released her but he came and bashed me instead.

I fell onto the, omg, mud.

“YOU LIAR, YOU BETRAYED HER!”

“YOU NEVER KNOW IF MINRI WAS REALLY LYING!” I yelled back as I tried to wipe off the mud from my body. I tried to stand up and glare at the adulterous pair right in front of me. Jinye quickly hid behind Minho and began to sob loudly.

"Jinye..."I called out.

She grabbed on Minho harder.

“That was all bull, hyung. Just admit your bloody mistake, don’t let me look down on you. I already said, I will win Jinye’s heart. Thanks for giving me the chance, hyung.”

“I…”

Before I could protest, Minho pulled Jinye with him and walked off.

I stared at him with mouth wide open, and gradually, they were out of my sight.

Jinye…

 

Admit my bloody mistake?

 

***************************************************************************

 

I was lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling on my cold bed. I had already switched off all the lights. I decided to turn in early and forget about everything but I could not. The way she avoided me, the way she hid behind Minho, the way she cried until so devastating… These scenes etched and replayed in my mind.  I could not sleep. I was thinking about her. And my heart felt strange after the breakup. I felt…empty? I tried to sleep but in the end, I tossed and turned, all my mind was Jinye and her crying face.

Why?

I already thought over. Since she wanted a break up, I should grant her. I should stop these stupid revenge acts in the first place. I should be happy and I could be together with Minri. Yet I am not happy.

I could not forget her. , perhaps I mixed with her too much. Without knowing, dawn already came. I didn’t sleep a wink at all.

I began to wash myself, and got some milk from fridge and walked out of the gates. I walked to the direction of Jinye’s house and waited for her outside her house.

“Hyung.” I turned.

“Who are you waiting for?”

“I’m…”

Drats, I forgotten that Jinye was not my girlfriend anymore.

“Since you already hurt her, why are you still looking for her?” Minho said coldly. His words had a great impact on me.

This was my usual routine of waiting for her every morning. A habit that was hard to change in a short time.

“She’s already moved out, you don’t get to see her again.” Minho added and walked off. 

MOVED OUT?

I ran to Minho and grabbed his arm. “How…how do you know?”

He rolled his eyes and then he threw a letter to my chest. “READ THIS.”

I opened up the letter and started reading.

---------------------------------

Dear Minho,

By the time you read this, I’m already at somewhere you don’t know. I already moved out, don’t worry about me. I made this decision since; I did not want to see him ever again.

Minho, do you know you are a good guy? You helped me a lot, you are good looking and perfect. If I should fall in love with you instead, so that I would not be in agony now. Anyway, just want to tell you, if we ever meet one day, I hope you will not forget me.

Hope you will find a girlfriend soon.

Jinye

---------------------------------

“I made this decision since; I did not want to see him ever again.”

She did not want to see me. Ever again. MY heart felt heavy after reading this letter. Damn it.

“Enough of reading.” Minho snatched his letter from my hands away.

“I don’t think this is so simple.” He scoffed.

I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue.

“You just want to make Jinye miserable just because she has the same name as your ex-girlfriend, right? She was your so called revenge tool. You stabbed her heart twice. Betrayed her and didn’t love her.”

He had shot the bull’s eye. I stared at him with my mouth wide open.

"And, I want to find her as soon as possible. To declare my love for her."

 

******************************************************

 

In maths class, it was lonely . Nobody could help me with my bloody math sums anymore. Nobody could stay beside me. I stared at the empty seat beside me. When you gone, I realised how important you were. When you gone, I was left with loneliness.

During recess, I was alone again. By right, I should have some company. Minho was giving me a cold shoulder out of the sudden, Minri was accompanying her friends. 

I had no appetite so I stayed in the gents where there were benches, so I could sit and play with my phone.

“YAH, KIM JONGHYUN.” A loud voice boomed into my ears.

I looked up from my phone.

, Minri’s ex-boyfriend.

I tried to smile, “Sorry, you are…?”

“Trying to act dumb?” he scoffed and grabbed my collar harshly, forcing me to stand up.

“I really don’t know who you are.” I said nonchalantly.

“Then, I will trigger your bloody memory.” He smirked and gave me a hard punch on my face.

OUCH! I felt there’s blood on my y lips.

“You are Minri’s ex-boyfriend…”

“Glad that you know.” He pulled my collar again. “You better give her back to me or else…”

“Or else what? You’ll kill me?” I laughed.

“Try me.” He glared at me, sending shivers down my spine.

 “Alright, I will give you 3 days to break up with her. After 3 days, you still stick with her, I will make you infertile for your rest of your life.” He glanced at the lower part of my body and then he pushed me on the ground, hard.

Owwwwwwww!

They walked away with their triumph smiles and I was lying on the ground, groaning in pain.

IF I HAD KNOWN EARLIER, I WOULDN’T GET MYSELF IN THIS STUPID PLIGHT. I FREAKING REGRETTED. REGRETTED OF BEING A TWO-TIMER, REGRETTED OF HURTING JINYE and…

I realised I did not love Minri already. I did not mind breaking up with her at all.

Instead I realised, I love Jinye.

But, it was all too late.

 

 

Hello readers, I've been hiatus for weeks, and i finally updated~

I hope I never screw this whole chapter, haha! I think I will update the next chapter by tomorrow, hopefully.

And I will change Jinye's life completely~ HOHO.