Chapter 15: Broken

You Changed My Life

Last update before I go hiatus for this fanfic. I going to work on other fanfics and my studies so yeah, bear with me okay? 

 

Chapter 15: Broken

 

 

 Jinye’s POV

I entered my art classroom and I saw many pairs of eyes staring at me.

“Is there anything wrong with me? Weirdos.” I muttered to myself and I walked towards my usual seat. Before I sat down, I gasped in horror by what happened to my desk.

“LEAVE JONGHYUN, YOU F***ING GOO JINYE !”

Yeah, it was not only 1 sentence but several sentences on my desk, making it colourful and messy. Stupid vandals. Jonghyun is mine, I love him, he kissed me earlier on, we going to celebrating our 100th day anniversary, and how could I leave him?

I just tolerated this kind of nonsense. I sat down and acted nothing had happened. From the corner of my eye, I saw Lee Minri not only staring at me but also took out her phone to take pictures of me.

I shall ignore that. If I got angry, I might use violence, I mean Judo to deal with her. Or even taekwondo.

I took out my sketch book and began to do some random sketching, just to kill time before my teacher came. Maybe, I shall sketch Jonghyun and gave him as 100th day present? It may be sounded cheap but then, sincerity counts.

Before the tip of my pencil touched my sketchbook, the teacher came in.

Oh well. I kept my sketchbook. And still, I felt people staring at me.

**********************************************************************

The class ended and it was mathematics class next. I could get to sit with Jonghyun and played his fingers. Well, not that I did not want to pay attention to my but I realised mathematics were such a bore to me. I got a good brain and I could top in mathematics, that was why I did not bother to listen to Miss Park. I packed my stuff and headed out to the classroom, anticipated to meet Jonghyun in another classroom. Before I officially went out of the exit, someone tapped my shoulders. I spun my head and realised it was Lee Minri and her clique. They looked so y. Anyway, I gave her a surprising look and she began, “Come with me.”

I did not want to, but I felt that she got a grudge on me or something. Probably she was the vandal? Anyway I hate misunderstandings very much, so I heed her words.

I followed her to a dark corner of our school. I felt something bad was going to happen but… I knew I am brave and I knew Judo and Taekwondo okay? I could beat them till they begged for mercy. HAHAHA.

They stopped their footsteps and turned to look at me. I tried to give a smile. One of the girls grabbed the collar of my uniform and then pushed me to a hard wall. I stared at them. What they want?

Minri walked towards me and whispered to my ears, “LEAVE JONGHYUN.”

I looked at her and stole a laugh. She glared at me and raised her voice, “What’s so funny?”

“Who are you to make me leave Jonghyun?” I scoffed.

“I am his girlfriend.” I am quite alarmed by what she said but I hid my expressions and gave a poker face.

“Wow? Then who am I? His wife?” I scoffed again.

“, don’t try to be funny. You are not his girlfriend, but just a revenge tool.” Minri continued.

Revenge tool? I did not do anything wrong to him and it was clear that he loves me.

I just rolled my eyes.

“Since you don’t believe, I will show you evidence.”

EVIDENCE???

I gulped my saliva hard and prayed that she was just trying to prank me because I looked gullible. Minri took out her phone and pressed on some buttons. Then, she passed me her phone to me. I received her phone from my hand. I inhale some air and then took my courage to view her phone.

Oh.my.gosh.

I felt like fainting, no, CRYING.

I stared at the video hard. It was a video of Jonghyun and Minri kissing passionately with their tongues dancing. So far I did not do that to Jonghyun and she did it with him already!? I tried to calm myself but I could not. I SAW THE DATE OF VIDEO TAKEN. SCREW EVERYTHING, IT WAS JUST TAKEN YESTERDAY.

I almost dropped Minri’s phone and one of her clique members managed to catch it.

“The show is not over yet.” Minri continued. She began to press some buttons on her phone and showed me a voice recording.

Minri: Do you love me?

Jonghyun: Of course, my dear.

Minri: Then why do you date Jinye? Do you love her?

Jonghyun: She is just a revenge tool, I don’t love her.

Minri: Revenge tool? Really?

Jonghyun: She had the same name as my ex-girlfriend. My ex-girlfriend dumped me and so…I wanted to torture someone who had the same name as her. I going to dump Goo Jinye soon, don’t worry.

Minri: Soon? Why not now?

Jonghyun: Not so fast. I want her to unable to live without me.

 

 

They began to giggle and left me alone. This was then, I started to cry. Was all this real? It could not be edited. It was clearly that the main characters were Jonghyun and Minri. I’m perplexed, was that the truth? Am I going to break up with him? I put my hand over my mouth and cried helplessly. My teardrops seemed to be more like raindrops, rained down continuously.

Just then,I felt vibration from my phone. I reached out my pocket.

----------------------------------------------

Jonghyun Yeobo – calling

----------------------------------------------

He was calling me. Shall I answer? I am already choking with tears. I hit the red button to end his call. Then I tried to text him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipient: Jonghyun Yeobo

I got a stomach-ache. I am coming to class now.

-Jinye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went into the nearby washroom and washed my face. It seemed that my face looked swollen. After apply some foundation to cover the reddish parts on my face, I exited from the washroom. Then I headed to the classroom for mathematics. Miss Park did not seem to be bothered about my late coming either, probably I always get top for mathematics so that was why she was not stern with me.

“Yeobo, are you alright now?” Jonghyun said gently as he held on to one of my hands when I wanted to sit down.

It hurts when you are acting goof to me but behind my back, I received betrayal.

I shove his hands away and said nothing. I opened my mathematics textbook and started to read the contents. He sensed something was wrong with me, so he tried to poke me.

“Yeobo! Yeobo! Why are you ignoring me?” he whined.

His actions were irritating and made me felt miserable all of the sudden.

Gradually, a tear dropped from my eye, smudging the text on my book.

He saw it.

He raised his hand and told Miss Park that he was bringing me to the nurse room because I did not feel well.

Of course, I’m not well. I felt so hurt. I felt in agony. I wanted to confront everything and did not want to waste my tears. But, the fact you and Minri was together was undeniable. I felt his touch as he got hold of my hand and led me out of the classroom. Then we seemed to be walking to the direction of the nurse room.

I stopped walking. He spun and gazed at me. I let go of his hands and looked away.

“What’s wrong with you?”

I wiped off my tears roughly and did not spoke.

“I said, what’s wrong with you? What happened?” he held onto my shoulders.

I love you, Jonghyun. I could not stand your betrayal; I guessed you did not love me. I’m probably a revenge tool of yours, like what Minri said.

I shove his hands away from me. He peered at me.

“Minri…she’s your girlfriend.” I managed to say but my tears fell again.

“What? She’s not my girlfriend. Who told you this? Minho?”

“Don’t…don’t lie. Minri told me everything.”

He was stumped, unable to utter any word.

“So…I’m correct, you cheater?”

“Noooo… Jinye, I can explain…”

“Explain what? About me being your revenge tool or how great was the hot kiss between you and her?”

“No, Jinye…”

“I know everything, I even see the perfect kiss you gave Minri. I know everything, you betrayed me since yesterday.” I bawled.

He did not love me at all. I’m the only foolish girl who was crazy over him.

“Let’s…Let’s break up.” I took a lot of courage to say this.

“What?”

“LET’S BREAK UP!” I shouted.

“You want to dump me? YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME.”

“YES, I LOVE YOU BUT YOU DON’T LOVE ME.” I managed to say this.

“…”

“From today onwards, you don’t have to act in front of me anymore. The love you showered was just a pathetic act and I’m glad to tell you that your revenge was successful.” After I said my piece, I ran off with my hot-teared face.

“JINYE! JINYE!” I heard him shouting my name.

I would not turn back anymore.

I wouldn’t.