Chapter 20: Dilemma

You Changed My Life

Chapter 20: Dilemma

 

 

Jinye’s POV

I was stumped, maybe surprised. How could Jonghyun look for me daily? He was the one who did not love me and I was the one who ended our relationship. I guessed Appa was fooling with me?

“Appa, don’t joke around with me. It’s not funny.” I smiled.

“Appa don’t lie, Jinye.” He said in a serious tone. “Our neighbour, Kim Jonghyun, looks for you in my house, every day.”

Unbelievable. Could I choose to ignore what my Appa had said?

“Jinye…Do you still love Jonghyun?”

I…

“Appa, how could I still in love with a heartbreaker? I am not a pabo...” My voice gradually trailed off.

“What if he knows his mistake and willing to gain you back?” my Appa asked.

“Impossible,” I said with certainty.

How could he know his mistake? That was a silly mistake to begin with.Just because I have the same name with some girl he hates, that does not mean he has the rights to hurt me. Probably he had hurt other more girls who named ‘Goo Jinye’ after our breakup. I bet he felt that he did nothing wrong. Probably he saved me since we been ‘lovers’ before.

“Anything is possible. Do you want me to ask him over and explain things to you?”

“Appa, thanks for your concern. I don’t think there’s a need to ask him over. He and I were history; I did not have to be reminded of the damn past again...”

 Appa nodded. “If you happened to find someone suitable, you better grab hold of him before you regretted.”

“I will.” But that person would not be Kim Jonghyun.

 

********************************************************

 

“Do you want to stay for a few days?”my Appa asked as I was preparing to go for work.

“Sure.” I beamed as I began to wear my heels.

“So I wait for you in the living room?”

“No, Appa. I will be back after midnight. You don’t have to wait for me.” I said.

Appa nodded, “Alright.”

I gave Appa a hug before I went out of the house to work.

I hope things will get better later on.

 

************************************************

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I could not believe how many tears I am wasting for her. The love I showered to Jinye when we were dating was real, it was not pretence. When I came to realisation that I actually loved her, it was already too late. I deeply regretted everything. But, I just saved her and she left my house without a word. Not even a 'thank you'. I really wanted to hear her talk to me...

She hated me to core. That was the impression she was giving me. She was hinting me to let go.

Let go.

It was a difficult thing to do.

I’m living in agony, regret and love-deprived, all these months. All I wanted was Jinye returning to my side. Yeah, she returned to my side on one damn night, unconscious because I saved her and the next morning she left without me knowing.

Should I really give up? I really hated giving up.

Maybe I should get advice from Jinye’s appa.

 

******************************************************

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, uncle.” I greeted.

“Jonghyun, you are here. Come in.”

I nodded slowly.

“C’mon Jonghyun, why are you so glum?” Jinye’s Appa asked me as he ushered me to sit down.

“I…I saw Jinye again.” I started.

“Really? Outside the lounge?”

“Y-yes.”

“So you two had met?”

“Not really. I saved her from a but she was already unconscious. I wanted to bring her to you but you were not around last night. So, I brought her to my house.”

“Oh, I was in my company handling some leftover work. What happened next?”

“I let her sleep on my bed and I fell asleep by the bed side. I woke up early to prepare breakfast. After a while, I realised Jinye was gone.” I continued sadly.

Uncle looked at me and patted my shoulder lightly. “I know you are hurt. Thank you for saving Jinye.”

“I am hurt. I planned to cook breakfast for her and beg her to forgive me. She left without my knowing. Was she meant that hated me?”

“From what I think, I think she don’t know how to face you.”

“Don’t know how to face me…” I mumbled.

“She was hurt by you before. Probably she was reminded of what you did, that was why she left. Probably she had not really moved on. You still stand a chance, young chap.”

Was Uncle giving me false hope?

He was trying to comfort me right?

“I don’t know…I don’t know if I have to give up on her or not…” I sighed.

“Why don’t you find her and talk to her.”

I took a deep breath and sighed. I broke into a half smile. “Maybe I should.

 

*********************************************

 

After a hearty chat with Jinye’s appa, I got out of her house by 11pm. Sometimes men’s talk could be longer than women’s talk, I guessed? This was the first time I talked so long with a man, some more with my ex-girlfriend’s father. Even my childhood friend, Minho, did not talk that much to me. I missed Minho. He went missing after knowing that Jinye left home. That made me super depressed at that time. Jinye left me, I left Minri and even my dear Minho gone missing. I was suicidal but my senior, Onew hyung gave me lots of encouragement to make me brace on, live on. I could not forget how i cried like a new born baby. Crying and crying non-stop.

I finally knew I had a fragile heart. I'm a crying baby.

 Come thinking of it, I really really missed Minho.

Before I went home and got my car, I saw a taxi stopped outside Minho’s house. I stood still, thinking if Minho was in the vehicle. The car door was opened and a tall figure came out of the car with those stylish black shades, white funky design top and blue skinny jeans. He had brown hair with those soft curls which really suits him. I swore that this guy could be a model because of his height. That guy got his luggage out of the boot and thanked the driver. Before he went into Minho’s house, he glanced at me.

That guy placed his luggage on the ground and walked towards me. Oh gosh, he was coming towards me. What he wants?

“Hyung.”

I was like, “Huh?”

That guy sighed and took out his shades.

“Hyung, I am Minho.”

Minho.

MINHO?!

“WHAT?! You are Choi Minho?!” I yelled.

He rolled his eyes, “Duh.”

“Am...am I forgiven?” I quickly asked.

Minho was pissed off by me as I broke Jinye’s heart few months back.  I not sure if he had forgiven me. I really wanted things to be like the past; playing around, fooling around, being rebellious.

“Hyung.” His tone turned so serious.

I felt like crying if he did not forgive me and ignore me forever.

“I already forgot about what you did already and I am here, talking to you nicely. So, you are forgiven?”

“Really?” I asked, secretly anticipating Minho would give me a nod.

Minho nodded and pulled me his embrace. HE WAS GIVING ME A HUG!!!! Although I felt short when I was with him but, I love his presence. I would rank him second in my heart. The top person in my heart was definitely Jinye.

I released Minho and looked at him intently.

“What happened to you? YOU LOOKED SO DIFFERENT!”I suddenly shouted.

“Shhh! Don’t shout in the middle of the night!” Minho cupped my mouth with his hand.

I shoved his hand away and stared at him. “Choi Minho, you went for plastic surgery, didn’t you?”

“Haha, Hyung.” He chuckled.

“So did you went for plastic surgery or not?”

“Can I take that as a compliment?” Minho smiled brightly.

“SO DID YOU WENT FOR PLASTIC SURGERY?” I went shouting again.

“SHHH HYUNG! YOU ARE GOING TO WAKE EVERYONE ELSE UP!” Minho yelled.

He was talking loudly too. I could not help being so agitated. Minho turned so handsome, I was green with envy. Somehow.

“You are such a pabo hyung. My face is not a plastic face, can’t you tell?” Minho scoffed.

I gave him a disgusted look, which I did not why I did that. Gradually I moved my hands all over his face.

“It’s not plastic!” I almost shouted when I was playing with his sharp nose.

“See hyung. Okay, stop. Stop. STOP PLAYING WITH MY FACE!”

“Okay okay.”

“Hyung, how have you been?” Minho asked.

“Let’s not talk about this…Anyway, why you go missing?”

“Did I? I merely went to find my cousin in Europe. And I found his country was a great place so I stayed there for few months. I even had a Caucasian girlfriend. Anyway, you missed me, don’t you?” he smiled.

“I missed you.” I had an urge to cry, cry in happiness.

“Awww, hyung. You looked like you are going to cry. Don’t tell me you turn gay?”

My urge of crying was gone, instead, I felt like beating Minho into a pulp.

“Sorry, hyung. Want to come my house and have a long chat?”

“Sure.” I grinned.

I will look for Jinye the next day. Since she hated me, since I knew her whereabouts, no harm looking for her another time.

I have to treasure my time and do catching up with Minho now.

 

 

 

ANNYEONG, MY DEAR READERS! I've updated ~

I don't even know what am I writing, awww. I will try my best for the next chapter.

I do read your comments, I appreciate the lovely stuff you all written ^^

Do keep comments going, I want to improve my writing ! :D