Chapter 6: Neigbourly Neigbours

You Changed My Life

 

Hello, I'm back LOL.

Okay, another chapter. Sorry for any grammar and poor vocab usage !  Do give suggestions for my story, gamsahapnida!

 

Chapter 6: Neighbourly neighbours

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I got out of the taxi with Jinye.

 

“Goo Jinye, my house was there.” I pointed at my house.

 

“Oh, so we are neighbours?” she asked stupidly.

 

Of course, did she even have to ask? I just nodded my head. “Yes. I’m going home now. Bye.” I waved and walked back home.

 

“Mom, I’m back!” I shouted across the living room.

 

“Ah, Jonghyun, have you eaten? I’ve left some food for you.”

 

“Not yet, Mom. I will eat later.” My voice trailed off as I went upstairs.

 

As soon as I reached my room, I shut the door. I quickly dialed Eun Ri’s number.

 

“Hello, oppa…” Eun Ri sounded weak.

 

“Hello Eun Ri. Look, I’m sorry that I slapped you hard. Are you okay? I…I just wanted to make the whole act more convincing…”

 

“It’s okay, oppa. I understand. I don’t blame you; I will rather think it’s all worth it if you plan gets successful.”

 

“I’m glad to hear that.”

 

“Oppa, I want you to appreciate what I’ve done and understand that I love you.”

 

“Em, alright. I’m going to bathe now, bye.”

 

“Bye, saranghae.”

 

Perfect. I knew it was wrong to use someone else but who asked her to fall in love with me? Ha. My plan was halfway through success! I removed my top, just as to prepare for a nice bath. The most annoying thing was that someone just called me. I’m going to reprimand that caller!

 

“YOBOSEYO?” I hissed.

 

“Ah, Jonghyun hyung! Your phone could not get through just now. By the way, where did you go just now?”

 

“MINHO! CAN WE TALK LATER? I'M STINKING AND I WANT TO BATHE NOW.”

 

“Hyung, you are not stink. You always smell nice! So tell me where you went just now!”

 

“Minho, look. Bathing is IMPORTANT for me. I’m just come back from a date and I’m tired! Can you please call back later? BYE!”

 

I switched off my phone and threw it on bed. Finally, I could get some water on me.

 

After my bath, I went down. I am surprised that Minho was sitting on my sofa.

 

“Choi Minho, why are you here?” I asked as I walked towards him.

 

“Hyung, you tell me to call you back but you off your cellphone! Can you please tell me where you go?”

 

“Why are you asking this? I am not obliged to tell you where I went before.” I rolled my eyes as my dropped on the sofa.

 

“Please tell me! I know you went out with Jinye! If you don’t tell me, I will ask Jinye!” Minho stood up.

 

“How you know? Oh, I bet you saw us outside our houses right? You can ask Jinye if you want.”

 

“Hyung!”

 

“What? Why are you so interested about this?” I looked at him intently.

 

“Okay. If I tell you about it, you have to keep it as a secret. AND you’ve to tell me where you went earlier on. Promise?” Minho showed his pinky finger.

 

“Promise.” I replied. I wanted to know what secret that cool and handsome Choi Minho had.

 

“I think…I like Jinye.”

 

No kidding. At that moment, I’m unsure why. My heart seemed to be shot by bullets, million times. This was stupid but why I felt my heart ached a little?

 

“Oh. Jinye and I went to ice cream parlor just now.”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“That’s all.”

 

“Okay, what a relief. Hyung, don’t even think of flirting and snatching Jinye. Anyway, I know she’s not your type.”

 

“Haha, perhaps. When are you going to confess to her?”

 

“If I can, tomorrow is a best day for me to confess.”

 

DAMN MINHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU FREAKING CONFESS TO HER, AND SHE ACCEPTED, MY REVENGE PLAN WILL FAIL. ALL MY EFFORTS WILL GO DOWN TO DRAIN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 

“NO! YOU CAN’T CONFESS TO HER!”

 

Minho stared at me as if I’m some alien. !

 

“I mean, that’s way too fast. Tomorrow is not a good day to confess. And, you don’t know her that well, so why don’t you get know to her and be friends with her first?”

 

“Oh hyung. This sounds great to me. Alright, I will try to confess to her when I get know to her, maybe next month?”

 

“Whatever.” PHEW, I had one month to win Jinye’s heart. I’m sorry Minho, Jinye’s going to be my toy.

 

 

Jinye’s POV

 

I opened the door. It was total darkness. I switched on the lights and I found a post-it note on the coffee table.

 

Dear Jinye:

I’m going for a candlelit dinner with your stepmom. I’ve left some money for you to buy your own dinner. I’ll be back by midnight.

DAD

 

I threw the post-it note in the bin and grabbed hold of the money. I had no mood to eat. I had a ‘traumatic and scary’ experience earlier on. Although I’m not scared of anything and I’m strong, but I hated the fact that I’ve been slapped several times. I hated the pain! Alright, I better get some dinner. I heard that one could vent his/her frustrations by EATING.  I shut the door behind me and walked out of the gate. I was surprised that Minho was walking on the pavement to my direction.

 

“Minho?” I called out.

 

Minho looked up and saw me. He jumped a little and gave me a smile. Killer smile.

 

“Jinye!”

 

I walked to him and said, “Why are you here? How you know where I lived?”

 

He just smirked and pointed to the house next to mine, “This is my house.”

 

“Oh, mine’s the first house, Minho’s the second’s. If you need help, you can look for me. Even if you do not need help, you can come to my house and we can…you know?”

 

I almost forgot what Dinosaur had said earlier on.

 

“Are you okay? Why are you in dazed?” Minho blurted as he waved his hands near my face.

 

“Oh, nothing. I didn’t see you and Jonghyun every morning, so I’m surprise.”

 

“Well, I guess that you are the one who go to school very early. Are you going anywhere?”

 

“Yup, I am going to the convenience store to get my cup noodles.”

 

“What? Cup noodles for dinner? No way! Come, I will bring you somewhere to eat.”

 

“But…”

 

“No buts.”

 

Minho grabbed my left hand and we headed off.

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I was looking out from the window to look at the starry sky. Yet, Goo Jinye caught my eyes. She was talking with Minho on the pavement.

 

OH – MY – GOSH!

 

DAMNNNNNNNNNNN! MINHO WAS HOLDING ON TO JINYE’S HAND! HAD HE CONFESSED AND JINYE ACCEPTED HIS LOVE? OH NO! NO WAY! I BETTER DO SOMETHING.

I paced around my room. After I grabbed my wallet and phone, I rushed out of the house.

Yes, I’m going to stalk them.