Chapter 22: Sorry

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 22: Sorry

 

Jonghyun’s POV

OH GOSH. Jinye had seen me half . AHHHHHHH!

I rushed back to Minho’s bedroom and closed his door shut. I wondered…I wondered how she would react. Probably she thought I am y? Well okay maybe not. Probably she thought I am too easy. Yeah…

I rummaged Minho’s wardrobe. Okay, there were so many sports jerseys, pants and so on. Finding for a decent top was hard. Oh, probably I should rummage his luggage to find better clothes.

I zipped open his luggage. Hmmm, I picked a random funky top and a pair of skinny jeans. Surprisingly, Minho and I won the same size. I dried my hair and went down the stairs. I hoped Jinye was still there.

“What the hell, hyung!” Minho snapped as he walked towards him.

I chose to ignore him, I did not even know why he snapped at me. I continued to glance around his house. Where’s Jinye?   

“Don’t bother to look, she just left.” Minho said. "And why are you wearing my favourite clothes!?"

WHAT? She really hated my presence… Still, I had to try and hide my disappointment in front of Minho.

“Huh?” I forced a smile and I sat down to eat my breakfast.

“Don’t think I don’t know that you can’t forget her, hyung. If not why you kiss my last night?” Minho smirked as he sat down beside me.

He almost made me spat on the food out. I felt his words somehow disgusting. I kissed him, yeah, without any intentions.

“I can’t forget about her? Who is that her? I don’t know what you are talking about,” I said as I ate the toast. Why don't Minho just shut up and eat his food?!

“Don’t lie, your heart knows who I am talking about. Is the breakfast nice?” he asked as he took a toast in his hand.

“I don’t know that my dear Minho knows how to make delicious breakfast.” I replied with a tint of scarasm. But, the breakfast tasted nice anyway.

“Ah, really? I told you before that Jinye brought breakfast over. I did not made these,” He grinned. “So you missed her cooking?”

She cooked…these... Actually, she did not cook for me before, except baking chocolate cookies for me. Her cookies were nice but…I couldn’t get to eat them anymore.

“Hyung, you are in daze. Thinking about her again?” Minho said with a playful smirk again.

I sighed and stopped eating.

“Hyung, maybe you can tell me what you feel about Jinye. I can help you, you know?” Minho patted my shoulders lightly.

“O..K. I…realised I love her and I think it’s time to let go…”

“Let go? Don’t do that hyung. The way she looked at you earlier on was without any signs of hatred or anything. Probably she still loves you.”

“Minho, I know you are good at comforting people. And I know you don’t tell lies. So, please tell me that she still likes me. Probably I have the courage again to find her.” I said softly, somehow I could tear up anytime.

Minho thought for a while and said, “I not sure if she still likes you.”

I rolled my eyes and continued eating the breakfast she made.

“But, I asked her to stay so you two could talk. Guess what she had said,” Minho sat closer to me and I moved closer to him. I really wanted to know what she had said.

“She said,” Minho cleared for a while. “There’s nothing to talk about. Talk about why am I the revenge tool? Talk about why he had to betray me?”

“Oh,” I could only reply with this answer. I knew I am going to feel numb with all these. Aish, I am the stupid fool who betrayed her. All I felt was regrets and hurt.

"Erm, just find her, okay? Just talk to her. If fails, then try again. Just keep trying till she allows you to talk to her properly."

 

Jinye’s POV

“So, what’s now?” I asked Eun Ri. Eun Ri came my house because I told her to come.

She was trying to digest what I told her about Kim Jonghyun just now. You know, those experiences of meeting Kim Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun saved me and seeing him half- at Minho’s house.

“So…you meet him every day?” Eun Ri probed with an expression that I could not figure out. 

“Yes, it’s not like I want this to happen.” I frown slightly and lay back on my cosy couch.

“I know, but do you still love him?” she asked again.

I…I…don’t know. Although he would come into my mind occasionally when in those lonely nights but…I hated him right? That did not mean I loved him.

“I doubt so.” I tried to say lightly. “You know I hate him right? I think we have to plan for a revenge.”

“Revenge? What kind of plan do you have?” Eun Ri smiled as she sipped her lemon tea.

“I haven’t thought of yet. Do you have any ideas?” 

“I have no ideas yet,” She shrugged.

"Okay..." I answered. Maybe there was no revenge needed at all. If he stayed out of my affairs.

“Oh , I’m late for class!” Eun Ri jumped. She took her backpack and rushed to my door.

Em, okay. Telling her to come my house and gave suggestions were useless. She was trying to leave now.

“Eun Ri, when can I see you again? “ I pouted as I unlocked the door.

“I not sure, maybe next week? You know, I just got into an university and university life is so hectic.” She smiled sheepishly.

I just nodded.

Before she went off, she turned and threw something at me. I managed to catch it though.

“This is quite fun, try it. Maybe this will let you forget about him temporary.” She waved and then scrambled down the staircase to the first floor.

I fondled the thing she threw to me.

Cigarettes. 

Fun? Since she said so, I should try it. I carefully opened the box, and there were no sticks left. Aish, I should know her. I’m always the one who have to fork out money during our hangout sessions. Now, she wanted me to buy my own cigarettes. Probably I should buy some before going to work.

------------------------------------------

I got out from the cab and walked towards the convenience store. It was quite convenient to have a convenience store near the lounge. Anyway, I just bought a box of cigarettes (the cheapest one that was available) and a lighter. I got out of the shop hastily; I wanted to try smoking before going for work. Well, 20 more minutes to reporting time. In a fast movement, I unwrapped the packaging and took out a cigarette. Then I used a lighter to light it.

First time. FAIL.

Second time. FAIL.

Third time. FINALLY LIT UP.

I shall find some place to smoke. Hmmm…I saw a pillar nearby.

I was leaning on the pillar outside the convenience shop. I placed the lighted cigarette into my mouth. One, two puffs of smoke were blown. I cough a little since it was my first stick of the day. Few ahjummas walked past me and stared at me as though I owed them money. Please, I did not give a damn of what you all were thinking. Preparing for my second serving of cigarette, a pair of powerful hands grasped at my box of cigarettes. I looked up. He was here. I tried to look away from his gaze, the gaze I’m familiar of.

“Please, stop ruining yourself,” He sounded worried.

I did not answer this man. The one whom I loved crazily before but he hurt and lied to me. And… Wait, he snatched my cigarettes and dumped them in the bin.

“WE’RE ALREADY OVER? WHY ARE YOU CONTROLLING ME LIKE MY UMMA, MR KIM JONGHYUN?”

“Your Umma was not around, I thought.” He said.

Oh . My Umma did not control me anymore. Why I said that word, “UMMA” out. I should say the word ‘Step-mother’. She used to control me, but not now.

Anyway, I just rolled my eyes at him and walked off. He caught up with me and grabbed my arms harshly. What did he want?! I glared at him but he was not even talking. He was trying to kill me. Kill me with those pain, those awful silence.

“So you want me to thank you for saving me that night? Okay, THANK YOU!” I almost shouted.

“You...are welcome.” He whispered as he looked down.

And the awkward silence came. This proved that…we had nothing to talk about. We were not meant together at all. Oh yeah, he did not love me.

“Since there is nothing else, I better get going. I hope this is the last time we meet, don’t find me ever again.” I said quickly and walked off. Somehow, I meant what I had said. Actually, I could already feel my eyes burning. Water was building up in my eyes and these tears were threatening to be released anytime.

“Jinye, wait!” he shouted. He…called out my name... My tears started falling.

I stopped at my steps. I quickly wiped off those tears that were coming down. I began to hear his footsteps nearing me but I did not want to turn around and face him. He probably would laugh at me for crying for our pathetic love we used to have.

“Jinye…I’m sorry.” He began. I could feel his touch; he was holding on to my right arm.

Sorry? He apologised? Those damn flashbacks flooded back my mind. I could still feel the hurt, getting more intense every second I thought of it. My tears continued to trickle down my cheeks mercilessly, ruining my makeup. I tried not to make any crying sounds; I did not want him to know I am crying. I hated him, he was reminding me everything again.

“Whatever…for?” I said nonchalantly as I pushed his hand off me.  

“I…” Jonghyun started to explain.

I did not want to listen to his crap anymore. It was pure agony. I wanted some peace right now. I shall end everything.

“Sorry for betraying me? Sorry for not loving me? Sorry for making me as a revenge tool? Jonghyun, I better get going. Staying here for ever second makes me…miserable.” I cut his sentence and said everything I wanted in one go and ran towards the lounge. Even though my makeup was smudged, I did not care. I just need to go to the toilet and cry all I want.

If he did not look for me, I would not plan to revenge. Now, I am sure I need a revenge plan.

I, Goo Jinye, will get rid of Kim Jonghyun. Wait till you see.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear lovely readers, here's any update. I felt so bad for not letting Jonghyun and Jinye to talk nicely and having a proper conversation. LOL okay nvm, just kidding.

Anyway, I think this story is going to end soon. Maybe less than 10 or 5 chapters. I started this story quite long ago and I did not write finish it. I'm sorry... I will try to finish this story by this year LOL. 

Do check out my other stories, keke.

& Remember to give comments. I really appreciated it ^^