Chapter 1: The Beginning

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 1: The Beginning

 

 

(A year ago…)

 

Jinye’s POV:

 

I locked my lockers quietly. I looked around me, all those unfamiliar faces. It dawned to me that today was a new start and a new life for Goo Jinye. The school bell rang and I quickened my steps to made way to the Chemistry Lab where Mr Park was already waiting for me outside the lab impatiently. I followed him into the lab. Well, I met these new faces for the first time.

 

“This is a transferred student, please welcome her here.” Mr Park announced sternly.

 

“Anneonghaseyo. My…my name is…is…er…Goo Jinye.” I stammered.

 

Giggles could be heard in the class, some girls, looking like es were pointing at me and laughing silently. What made you all think that I’m funny? If I got laser eyes, I could kill them straight.

 

“Ms Goo, sit at the last empty bench.” Mr Park pointed.

 

I nodded and made my way to the selected seat. Phew, I was lucky that I was not assigned to sit beside anyone. I’m a loner, specifically and I hated socializing. 

 

Before the class started, somebody barged in the classroom. One look could tell that he was a bad student. The same old es were cheering or even shouting because of his arrival. From this moment, I could tell the es in this class were also ‘boy-crazy’.

 

Mr Park glanced at him from head to toe, slightly displeased by his dyed hair, ear piercings, inappropriate attire and rude behaviour.

 

“Mr Kim Jonghyun, how many times must I tell you-”

 

This Jonghyun was really something. He escaped Mr Kim’s wrath by walking towards the back of the classroom. Wait, was he walking to my direction?

 

“Please, sit somewhere else but not beside me! I want my peace here!” I prayed silently.

 

Before I knew, it was too late. He was right beside me already.

 

Mr Park did not do anything and he asked everyone to pay attention to his presentation on a new chapter.

 

Utter despair. I had a bad feeling that something bad was going to happen.

 

“Hey, nerdy! What’s your name?”

 

Was he talking to me? Don't reply him, Jinye!

 

“Hey, nerdy! What’s your name?” he repeated and pulled my sleeve.

 

Okay, he WAS talking to me. I had to stop him from blabbering near my ear. I turned and looked at him, “What do you want? Please pay attention! Wait, I’m not nerdy too!”

 

He scoffed and replied, “Then, I want to know your name, panda.”

 

Seriously, this guy was irritating. My first impression of him was really bad. He called me names ever since he came into this lab.

 

“I’m not a panda.” I glared at him.

 

His was giving me as-if-I-really-want-to-know-your-name expression and turned to pay attention to the lessons. Well, that’s great.

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I scoffed and replied, “Then, I want to know your name, panda.”

 

“I’m not a panda. Stop calling me panda.” Panda glared at me.

 

Seriously, this Panda had no sense at all. You really wanted me to call you Panda for the rest of the year? And look, your dark eye rings were so black and your specs were so geek. After all, ‘Panda’ really suits you. Ah, was my charms not strong enough to attract her? Couldn't be! She was showing me attitude and trying to ruin my day? I just want to know a new girl, a new classmate.

 

I glared at her that showing I wasn’t care and pretended to listen to Park’s Daily Boring Lessons. I stole a glance at her Chemistry textbook.

 

Goo Jinye?

 

Panda was called Goo Jinye too?

 

Well, my previous girlfriend’s name was, “Goo Jinye”.

 

She was the one who dated someone else while going out with me. Also, the one who ended this relationship by saying, “Sorry, I found someone who was better than you.” Just like that, she dumped me like a wasted tissue paper and deceived me as if I’m a pabo (idiot).

 

I still remember the memories I shared with her but the hatred was still within in my heart. I tried to find ways to revenge but she went abroad to study after the break up. I still could not let go of the past. Maybe…Maybe I shall divert my full attention to this Panda. Anyway, the names “Goo Jinye” were the same, I just want my revenge. 

 

Mr Park left the lab; the next lesson was Physical Education (P.E). Everyone seemed to leave the lab as well. I glanced at Panda who was packing her stuff.

“Panda, are you done yet?”

 

“Are you waiting for me?” Panda asked as she started to head out of the exit.

 

Obviously, since I wanted to start my revenge plan fast.

 

“Yes, I am going to bring you to the venue for our P.E later.”

 

 

Jinye’s POV

 

Why was the bad guy calling me Panda? Although I like pandas, but I hoped I’m not been called a panda. I already told him to stop calling me panda but he carried on… I did not want to talk to anyone, i hate talking. But I could not resist myself... Whatever.

 

After I changed to my t-shirt, I headed out of the changing room.

 

“Panda, you’re so slow! We’re going to be late!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

I rolled my eyes as I stuffed my uniform in my locker.

 

“Hey, two more minutes before P.E start! I guess we have to run.” Jonghyun smirked as he grabbed my wrist and run.

 

I was startled and I just followed suit. The feeling was….weird. Not long after, we reached the school field.

 

“Just on time, Jonghyun and Jinye.” The coach said as he marked the attendance.

 

I'm stunned. This coach...was so good-looking. My eyes were glued at his face instantly.

 

"Panda!"

 

I jumped and turned to look at Jonghyun with a glare.

 

“Panda, I’m fast right?” Jonghyun winked.

 

I ignored his words and moved away from him. Before he could follow, the Coach Lee commanded:

 

“We will be playing soccer, so girls vs girls; boys vs boys. Get started NOW!”

 

Soccer? Drats.

 

I found myself in a random team with unfamiliar girls. They looked friendly though. Unknowingly, I became the goal keeper. *sigh*

 

Coach Lee whistled his whistle. It was going to be a roaring match between girls.

 

The opponent team, which were the es I saw earlier on, managed to get hold of the ball first. With their quick swift moves, they already scored a goal. My team members glared at me. Gosh.

 

“Yeah! Hi-five!” the es scream.

 

I rolled my eyes and new match started. This time, it was bad. One of the es, with long brown pony tail, she kicked the ball hard, I did not have the time to react, the ball went straight towards my face. The next moment, I was aching in pain on the muddy school field. Busted!

 

I covered my face as my nose, seemed to be broken. Hope not. There was mud, which was from the football, on my eyes. I heard some kind of giggles, sounded like the es. Out of the blue, there was a silence and someone with a pair of powerful hands, grabbed me up like a princess way and started walking. I could not see him. I wondered who my hero was. Was he the good-looking Coach Lee? Hope so!

 

My hopes were dashed when I heard, “Panda, why are you smiling to yourself? Are you alright?”

 

Gosh? Bad student, irritating Jonghyun?

 

“Kim Jonghyun? Stop calling me Panda, for goodness sake? You are adding salt on my wound!”

 

“Oh really? Goo Jinye?”

 

He knew my name already?

 

“Panda sounds nicer, right? And Panda, you are such a pabo! Can’t you dodge a ball?”

 

“The ball is too fast for me! Wait, where are you bringing me?”

 

“Slow poke. I bringing you to the nurse room, obviously.”

 

 

[to be continued...] *sorry for any grammatical errors.