Family Pack of Ramen

Stay Away From Me

“Okay, we need…” I scanned the grocery list. “Meat and ramen. And some green onions. Oh, and dog food for Yukon.” I glanced up at Jimin and sighed. He was taking a selfie with a v sign and pouty lips. He caught my glance and smiled sheepishly.

“What…it’s for my fans…” He whined.

“Well your biggest fan needs you to help with grocery shopping.” I handed him the list and ignored the giant smile that bloomed on his face with the words “biggest fan.”

“Ah, ah, so you’re my biggest fan?” He followed me as I quickly tried to escape to just buy the damn meat already.

“Hmm, I just said whatever so you would help me.” I replied nonchalantly, acting cool.

Jimin laughed. “Sure, sure. What part of me do you love more than my other fans? Is it my singing? My hot body? My sense of humor?”

I pretended to think about it. “Umm, it’s probably your kissing skills. I can’t imagine that many of your fans can personally appreciate them.” I glanced at him to see his reaction.

“Ah, so that’s it.” Jimin said smugly. He smirked at me and winked in his typical greasy fashion. Not the reaction I was going for. Normally, he’d be embarrassed and try to bluff his way through the exchange. Now I was feeling embarrassed.

“Can we please just focus on grocery shopping?” I muttered, flustered.

“Of course.” Jimin took the basket from my hands and steered me towards the frozen aisles. If any other person guided me along like this, I would be annoyed, but somehow, when Jimin did it he made me feel safe and protected.

“Let’s see…is this meat okay?” I picked up some frozen cuts and turned to show them to Jimin. I knew nothing about cooking meat.

“Tada!" He posed cutely with two packs of frozen meat pressed against his cheeks.

“Jimin, what are you doing in public? People are going to buy that meat.” In spite of my scolding, his adorable pose made me laugh. “Wait, let me take a picture of you.”

 

We spent the rest of the shopping trip taking goofy pictures and bothering the other customers with our cuteness. Afterwards, while we were packing the groceries in the trunk, I asked him a question.

“Are you going to share those pictures with your fans?” I placed the two giant family packs of ramen in the car. Really, I didn’t know what we were going to do with so much ramen.

Jimin leaned against the car and looked at me. After a moment, he smiled mischievously.

“Hmm, I think I’ll only share them with my biggest fan.”

I laughed. “Oh yeah? I can’t imagine who that is.” I continued packing the groceries.

“Babe.” Jimin said suddenly. I glanced up at him. He leaned in swiftly and kissed me lingeringly.

I flushed. I could hear a couple whispering “They’re so bold!” to each other. I broke away quickly.

 “Jimin! What are you doing in a parking lot?” I scolded him.

He his lips and smiled. “Just reminding you of why you’re such a fan of mine.”

I smacked his arm. “Put away these groceries before I die of embarrassment.”

“Sure thing, honey.” He raised his voice a little so people could hear his next words. “I’m in a hurry to get home so I can continue where I left off.” He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Park Jimin!”