Boxer Briefs

Stay Away From Me

It was a sunny winter day and I was snuggled up in one of Jimin’s shirts and a pair of shorts. I was working on my latest collection of poetry and feeling significantly less than inspired. Jimin had a tour going on in Japan, so I was by myself in our tiny apartment, wondering if I should be cleaning or sleeping, because writing was escaping me today.

I had woken up late after writing all night, so after only about four hours of being awake, I watched the sun begin to set outside of the windows. I sat on the windowsill and daydreamed for a while. Our fluffly little white puppy, Yukon, hopped up into my lap and curled up against me. I patted his head once or twice before closing and resting my head against the window. I suppose I must have dozed off because the next time I opened my eyes, it was dark outside and Jimin was gently shaking me awake.

“Baby, don’t sleep out here, you’ll catch a cold.” Jimin my hair softly, which was way too soothing and definitely not helping him wake me. I yawned and squinted at him sleepily. Yukon Jimin's arm before jumping down and settling down in his doggy bed.

“You’re home?” I murmured. “Or is this just a nice dream? You’ve been gone for so long.” I closed my eyes and drifted off again.

Jimin sighed.

“Okay, I guess I have to carry you to bed.” He scooped me up into his arms and carried me into the bedroom.

I breathed a sigh of contentment and snuggled into his chest. I caught a stench of something horrible. Like sweat and airplane restrooms.

“Ew, you smell gross.” I complained, more awake now. “What have you been doing? Did you even shower before you got on the plane?”

Jimin laughed. “Ah, did my manly scent revive you? Here, smell this. You’ll be wide awake.” He his armpit into my face and almost succeeded in choking me and dropping me at the same time.

I smacked his chest. “You’re disgusting. Put me down before I stink like you.” Jimin hugged me closer.

“I’m definitely not putting you down. I’ve been away for too long and I’ve missed you.” He kissed the top of my head. “Okay, actually, I will put you down, because you’re getting heavy.”

He laid me gently on the bed and put the blanket on top of me. “Wait,” I murmured. “I’m still in my street clothes.”

Jimin snorted. “It’s not like you went outside today. Especially not in those clothes.” He pulled his shirt over his head and moved to his pants.

“Agh!” I quickly shielded my eyes. “What are you doing when I’m half-asleep? I’m unprepared.”

Jimin laughed. “Calm down, I’m going to take a shower. Prepare yourself for my return.” He chuckled evilly. “Don’t fall asleep.” He warned before disappearing into the bathroom.

 

I didn’t want to sleep in my clothes but I was also too lazy to put on pajamas. I could hear soft strains of Death Cab for Cutie’s Underneath the Sycamore coming from the bathroom. I gloated internally. My taste in music was rubbing off on Jimin. Admittedly, his taste in fashion was rubbing off on me. I stole his clothes a lot. But I was never allowed to touch his Givenchy backpack. Miser. At least he got me free Givenchy perfume.

I sighed and rolled over onto my back. Jimin was taking his sweet time in the shower. Didn’t he know that I wanted to hang out before I fell asleep? It had been about two weeks since I had seen him. It wasn’t such a long time in the grand scheme of things, but I had missed him.

I closed my eyes and listened to Jimin singing in the shower. Damn, he had such a good voice. Did he even need to add to his perfection? Seriously, he needed to cut me some slack. I suffered, being in love with such a supernaturally flawless human being. Okay, I didn’t really think he was so perfect, but sometimes it sure felt like he was.

I heard the squeaking sounds of the faucet turning off and Jimin pulling back the shower curtain. He shut off the music and came into the bedroom. I studied him secretly, his hair dripping wet and a towel wrapped around his waist. He ran a hand through his hair and nearly killed me with his charm.

“Oh my goshhhh.” I moaned, turning away from him. “Stop being so handsome. It’s the worst; I need you to stay away from me.”

Jimin chuckled. He leapt onto the bed and snuggled close to me, still in his towel.

“Ahh!” I shrieked, trying to escape as he nuzzled his wet hair into my neck, laughing. “Stop it!”

After giggling helplessly for a few minutes, we calmed down and just lay together, trying to catch our breath.

“You should dry your hair before you catch a cold.” I said eventually.

“Mmm.” Jimin murmured, not moving. He wrapped his arms around me and the water still on his body seeped into my clothes.

“Jimin…you didn’t even dry yourself properly.” I nagged. He just cozied closer to me.

“Hey,” I scolded, “How close are you going to get to me with that wet body? You’re like a wet dog that doesn’t know when to listen to its owner.”

Jimin laughed softly, his breath tickling my neck. I shivered a little bit.

“Oh?” He asked. “Are you cold?” He reached over and pulled a blanket over us.

“This is the most dysfunctional sleep time that we’ve ever had sober.” I declared. “Don’t sleep in a towel.”

“Don’t sleep in your street clothes.” He retorted.

“You’re the one who put me in here!” I exclaimed. I turned around to face him. It was hard; his arms had me in such a tight grip. “You’re squeezing me to death.” I complained.

Jimin responded by holding me tighter.

“Ugh.” I wheezed. He laughed at me.

We stared into each other eyes for a few moments before I kissed him.

After a few minutes, we broke apart and he rested his forehead on mine. “I missed you.” Jimin whispered.

“Me too.” I breathed, his wet hair. “Especially now that you smell so much better.”

He giggled. “You’re ruining the mood.”

“Aha, it’s okay.” I said, poking his cheek. “It’s enough for me to just see your cute eye smile.”

Jimin smiled broadly.

“Ooh, you’re so cute.” I pulled his cheeks. “So squishy. So adorable.”

Jimin stopped smiling. “Let go of my cheeks, miss. I’m a man.” He demanded. I complied. He cocked one eyebrow at me and gave me his iest eye smolder.

I laughed. “Yes, yes, you’re very y. Please stop eye kissing me and put some clothes on. You can’t get sick, you have work.”

“I’ll only dry off if you help me.” Jimin demanded slyly.

“Well, if you wanna get sick and let down all your fans, it’s up to you.” I shrugged.

Jimin pouted. “You’re older than me, so you should take care of me. Take responsibility for me.”

“No way.” I said. “Get your out of bed and dry yourself off. Damn, I feel like your mom.”

Jimin threw off the blanket and crawled over me, still just in his towel.

“Get off of me! I hate you and your muscular thighs.” I muttered, trying to kick him as he got out of the bed.

He giggled and pulled on some boxer briefs. I watched him get dressed, probably because I was and also because he was just too damn perfect.

“Stop staring at me.” Jimin caught me as he pulled on a pair of sweatpants. He covered his bare chest with his hands. “You’re making me feel violated.”

“Oh my gosh, stop.” I pulled the blanket over my head and felt mortified in peace.

Jimin wouldn’t let me be. He started pulling at the blanket, wresting it from my grip and uncovering my head. His boyishly handsome face greeted me with the biggest eye smile. “Jiminnnn…” I whined. “Just leave me alone. I’m so sleepy.”

He yanked the blanket off of me and dragged me out of bed. Literally dragged me. I thought my arms were going to pop out of their sockets.

“Park Jimin!” I yelled, as lay sprawled out in a disgruntled heap on the floor.

“Take your street clothes off.” He giggled, throwing a clean pair of his boxers at me. “Here, take this, too.” He handed me a white undershirt.

“Why do you have so many different kinds of underwear?” I muttered, pulling my shirt up over my head.

“To see what turns you on the most.” Jimin responded nonchalantly. I just looked at him. He stuck out his tongue at me as his cheeks turned pink.

“Well, you’re winning in those black boxer briefs.” I muttered, struggling to pull Jimin’s undershirt over my head.

“Oh really?” Jimin replied smugly. He pulled the shirt over my head and helped me get my arms through the sleeves.

“I feel like a kid.” I complained. Jimin giggled and leaned down to my shorts.

“Jimin!” I protested, smacking his hand away.

“What…” He whined, rubbing his wounded hand. “It’s not like it’s something I haven’t seen before.”

I flushed. “Not the point.” I angrily stepped out of my shorts. “Turn around.” I commanded Jimin.

“No way.” He said, grinning lasciviously.

“Ugh.” I said. “Your expression looks like a erted old man’s. Or a teenage boy’s while he’s in the throes of puberty.”

“Well, old lady,” Jimin rejoined, “I’m younger than you, so this is still exciting to me.”

“Who’s an old lady?” I demanded crossly. “Now turn the around before I kick you in the and end your excitement forever.”

Jimin snickered. “It’ll end your excitement forever too, baby.” I glared at him. He turned around obediently.

I quickly changed into Jimin’s boxers, all the while keeping an eye on him to make sure he wasn’t peeking. But hell, I was peeking. Who the hell looks so y at 3 a.m. while being jet lagged? him and his perfect back muscles. Seriously, him. I would really have liked to him.

“Are you done yet?” Jimin called impatiently.

“Keep your pants on.” I snapped. He turned around and grinned as he caught me taking my bra off through his shirt.

“Damn, baby.” He his lips and smiled.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so ing greasy.”

“Hell yeah, I am.” Jimin strolled over to me and pulled me close to him. “You look really y in my underwear.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “Probably ier than you look in your underwear.”

“Wanna compare?” He let me go, and as quick as a flash, pulled off his sweatpants and blinded me with his glorious thighs.

“Jimin, you’re seriously about to ing kill me.” I covered my eyes. “It’s 3 a.m., I’d like to go the to bed.”

“I’d like to you in the bed.” Jimin said in such a greasy voice that I probably could have made fries in it.

I sighed. Jimin sighed.

“Fine, fine.” He surrendered. “I’ll put my pants back on.”

“Put a shirt on too, while you’re at it.” I rifled through his dresser and threw him a sweatshirt.

Jimin caught it and let out an exasperated sigh. “Babe…I can’t sleep in this. This is Chanel. Did you even look at it before you threw it to me?”

“Oh my gosh, you sound so snobby right now. Pick out your own clothes if you're going to be so particular.” I threw him a plain grey hoodie and threw myself in bed. “Goodnight, Jimin. Love youuuu.” I pulled the blanket tight around me and pretended to sleep.

“Can’t we just make out a little?” Jimin whined, his voice muffled as he tried to get his sweatshirt over his head.

I didn’t respond, suddenly feeling so tired. I wanted to make out with him so bad, but I also wanted to fall asleep at the same time.

He sighed and climbed over me into bed. Jimin wasn’t any less alluring now that he was fully clothed with dry hair. I was thirsty, and not for some water.

Jimin rolled over and faced the wall, choosing not to snuggle with me. Rude.

“Jimin.” I whispered. No answer. “Jiminnn…” I said, a little louder. He continued to ignore me.

I rolled over and snuggled right up against him. “Jimin. I changed my mind. Let’s make out.” I whispered to his back. A little snore answered me.

No way, he was already asleep. Poor little jet lagged baby. I sighed and set an alarm on my phone so I could make out with him tomorrow morning before he left for the studio.

I shared the blanket with him and cuddled against his back. As I fell asleep, I thought of how nice it was to be able to cuddle with the person I love once again.