Never Again

Stay Away From Me

After another hour of lying in bed together, my stomach started to rumble.

“Jimin…I’m so hungry.” I whined.

Jimin laughed. “Yeah, me too. Are you going to make breakfast?”

I shook my head. “No. I’m too hungry. You have to make breakfast.”

Jimin frowned at me. I pulled at his cheeks and tried to turn it into a smile.

“Stop it!” He giggled, prying my hands away.

“Make me breakfast.” I pouted. "And feed Yukon."

Jimin groaned. “Fine. But you have to do the dishes.”

“Okay.” I grinned. “I’m gonna go shower.”

 

I broke free of Jimin’s grasp and sat up. As I stood to leave, Jimin grabbed my hand.

“Let’s shower together.” He wheedled.

I just looked at him. “No. Let’s not.”

Jimin sighed. “Fine, fine. I’ll go make your breakfast, my queen.”

“Hmm. Queen. Haven't heard that in a while. Go prepare my food, lowly servant.” I laughed at him and headed towards the bathroom.

“You’re such a brat!” Jimin called after me.

“You love it!” I called back.

“I love you!” Jimin yelled to me as I retreated further away.

I poked my head back in the doorway and grinned. “I love you, too.”

 

Jimin smiled at me from his spot on the bed, his face half hidden in my pillow.

He looked too adorable and I couldn’t resist running back and jumping into bed next to him.

“Ugh, you’re too cute.” I grumbled, snuggling him. “I’m having a hard time leaving you.”

“That’s why I said we should just shower together.” Jimin replied. He grabbed me and pulled me into a tight bear hug.

“Jimin!” I wheezed. “You’re crushing me.”

He just laughed and squeezed me harder before letting me go.

I coughed and glared up at him. “Rude.”

He flicked my forehead. “Go take a shower. You smell.”

“Ow! Stop abusing me!” I cried, pinching him. Jimin’s eyebrows shot up in pain.

“What do you think you’re doing, you little brat?” He yelled, rolling over so he was straddling me. “Do you wanna die?”

“Don’t you dare tickle me!” I screamed as his fingers came ever closer. “Jimin!”

He slowly lowered his fingers, teasing me. I flailed underneath him, trying to escape. Just as I saw my unfortunate fate drawing nearer, Jimin leaned down and surprised me with a kiss.

“Gotcha.” He whispered, drawing his lips away to smirk at me.

I grabbed his face and dragged his head back down to mine for another kiss.

“Yup.” I grinned. “You’ve got me for good.”

 

“.” Jimin groaned, sitting up and covering his face with his hands.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, startled.

“I’m just so in love with you.” He moaned from between his fingers. He abruptly uncovered his face and pinned my arms against the headboard.

“Jimin, what the ?” I tried to pry my hands away, but Jimin bent down and started kissing me roughly.

“Stop being so adorable.” He growled and bit my lower lip. “Or I’m going to end up making you a baby right now.”

I giggled as he kissed me again. “Jimin, you are so…greasy. There’s not even another word for it.”

“Stop laughing.” He ordered. “I’m trying to kiss you.”

“Give me my arms back.” I mumbled, his mouth against mine. Jimin listened obediently and I instantly tangled my hands in his hair. I kissed him back full-force until we both paused, breathing heavily.

“We’re never going to make it out of bed today, are we?” I panted, tracing Jimin’s lips with my thumb.

“I sincerely hope we don’t.” Jimin breathed. He brushed my thumb away and kissed me again.

 

At that moment, my stomach growled loudly. I giggled and Jimin sighed against my lips. He climbed off of me and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Go.” He commanded resignedly as he lightly tickled my foot. “Go shower. I’ll make breakfast.”

I sat up next to him and tousled his hair. “Don’t be too sad, honey. You can have me for dessert.” I winked and Jimin stared at me in astonishment. I stood up and walked away, laughing at his open-mouthed expression.

“Who are you?” He yelled to my retreating figure. “Did aliens take over your body?”

“Oh, shut up.” I laughed. “I can be cute, too.”

“Can I shower with you, then?” Jimin asked hopefully.

I shot him a look as I opened the bathroom door. “I’m not that cute.”

 

I took the fastest shower possible, eager to get back to Jimin. It felt like when we had first fallen in love all over again. Only it was better because we knew each other so well. I turned off the faucet and leaned against the bathroom wall for a moment, sighing gleefully. Was it even humanly possible to feel so happy? I wanted to soak in every moment of this beautiful day.

I wrapped a towel around myself and wandered into the living room. I could see Jimin cooking in the kitchen and for once the sight of him in the Hello Kitty apron didn’t cause tears to spring into my eyes.

Jimin must have felt me staring at him, because he looked up as I smiled to myself. His eyes took in my attire and he groaned.

“Are you trying to torture me?” He demanded, averting his eyes. “Go put some clothes on, you little devil.”

“Nah, it wasn’t on purpose. I just wanted to see your face.” I laughed at him.

Jimin shook his head in disbelief, grinning at me. “You are just too damn cheesy today. I should break up with you more often if make-ups are going to be like this.”

“Hey!” I pointed a finger at him warningly. “Don’t even joke about that, you monster.”

Jimin stuck his tongue out at me. “Seriously, go get dressed. Breakfast is almost ready.”

 

I skipped back into the bedroom and threw on a pair of Jimin’s old boxers from his Givenchy backpack and a t-shirt. When I came back into the living room, Jimin surveyed my outfit with judgmental eyes.

“What kind of clothes are those? How are we supposed to go out if you’re dressed like that?” He set a plate in front of me.

“Are we going out?” I asked, surprised. “I thought we were going to spend a lovely day in bed.”

“We were.” Jimin said, sitting down across from me. “But it’s so gorgeous outside. I thought we could go on a bike ride or something.”

I nodded and took a bite of omelet. “That sounds fun. Can we stop at the library? I have a few books I wanna pick up.”

“Okay.” Jimin smiled sweetly at me. He reached across the table and held my hand. I smiled back at him.

 

We chatted happily for the rest of the meal about nothing in particular. Everything felt so perfect. I wanted it to last forever.

 

I washed the dishes while Jimin took a shower. I could hear him singing Trey Songz “Slow Motion.” I rolled my eyes. But damn, he sounded good.

I heard the sound of the faucet turning off and Jimin pulling the shower curtain back. He was still singing. I fell a little bit more in love listening to the sound of his sweet voice. The bathroom door creaked open and I heard Jimin’s footsteps padding into my bedroom.

“Baby?” He called to me.

“What’s up?” I called back, turning off the sink. Finally, the dishes were done. I meandered over to the bedroom to find Jimin standing there shirtless in yesterday’s jeans.

“I don’t have a clean shirt.” He looked to me for help.

I shrugged. “I’m not sure if I have anything that’s men’s.” I opened my closet and searched for a sweatshirt or something.

“What do you mean? Half of your wardrobe is men’s clothes.” Jimin said, standing close behind me. He leaned past me and pulled a blue sweatshirt off of a hanger. “This is fine.”

“Half my wardrobe disappeared along with you.” I raised my eyebrows at him. “You know I used to steal your clothes all the time.”

“Yeah.” Jimin yanked the sweatshirt over his head. “It was seriously cute. Why do you look better in my clothes than I do?”

“I don’t know.” I said doubtfully, surveying him. “You look pretty damn good in my sweatshirt right now.”

Jimin grinned and pulled me close. “I look pretty damn good in everything.” He whispered and kissed my hair.

“You’re very modest.” I commented. I tickled his sides.

Jimin giggled and shoved me away. “What are you gonna wear?” He asked. He stood back and examined my closet. “What about this?”

“A dress?” I asked skeptically. “It’s cold outside.”

“You can wear it with those cute tights you have.” Jimin held the dress up against my body.

“Which ones? All of my tights are cute.” I took the dress from him. “Wait, we’re going to be bike riding. I’ve gotta wear pants.”

Jimin sighed. “Fineeee.” He rifled through my closet again. “Wear this sweater then.” He handed me a mint green sweater with white stripes. “And these shoes.” He said, bending down and tossing me a pair of brown leather oxfords.

“Cuteee.” I agreed. “Wow, you’re good at this.”

“I bought you that sweater and those shoes.” Jimin huffed. “And you rarely wear them.”

I rolled my eyes and lifted my shirt over my head. “Stop staring.” I snapped as Jimin his lips, his gaze focused a little too far below my face. “Greaseball.”

“Oh, please.” Jimin ruffled my hair. “Like you don’t stare at my chest all the time.”

“I don’t my lips while I’m doing it.” I retorted, pulling the sweater over my head.

“No, you just wipe your drool away.” Jimin laughed and dodged a smack from me.

“Please remind me why I agreed to get back together again.” I scowled at him.

“You love me.” Jimin teased, tweaking my nose.

“Yeah, yeah.” I pushed his hand away and tried to hide my grin.

“Ohhh, I see it.” Jimin smirked and pulled my cheeks. “I see you smiling at me. Don’t try and play. You love me, admit it.”

“Owww.” I whined, rubbing my sore cheeks.

Jimin looped his arms around my neck and bent down. He kissed each of my cheeks. “There.” He said softly. “All better.”

“Huuuu…too cheesy, too cheesy.” I squealed, ducking out of his arms. “I’m gonna throw up.”

Jimin scowled at me and smacked my as I made my escape.

 

Jimin and I ventured outside eventually. He took my hand in his and wove our fingers together. An older lady nodded approvingly at us as we walked along the familiar path to Jimin’s parents’ house. I smiled to myself. Even she thought we were cute.

“Are you sure your parents’ won’t mind if we use their bikes?” I asked nervously.

“Babe, I’m pretty sure my parents wouldn’t mind if we told them you were pregnant out of wedlock today.” Jimin laughed. “They would probably throw us a party and invite the entire neighborhood.”

I giggled. “I highly doubt that.”

“Trust me.” Jimin said confidently. “We can do no wrong today. Besides, it’s still morning. They’re at the restaurant.”

 

It took us a while to get the bikes and get out the door, mainly because we were too preoccupied with kissing each other.

“You sure you wanna go on a bike ride today?” I murmured, burying my face in Jimin’s neck. “We’ve got the whole house to ourselves. No one will be home for hours.” We were in his parents’ living room. The bikes were propped up against the wall and I had been putting on my shoes when Jimin leaned down and pulled me up for a kiss.

Jimin laughed as I kissed his neck. “Baby, I thought you’d be scarred for life after the last time we tried that.”

I blushed, but hugged Jimin tighter to me. “Yeah, I am. But I’m just so happy today. Nothing else seems to matter.”

Jimin lightly kissed my shoulder. “I know what you mean.” He mumbled into my sweater. “But let’s go. It’s a beautiful day. Besides, we’ve got all night. Tomorrow the restaurant’s closed anyway, so three day weekend for you.”

“Yay!” I cheered quietly, still kissing Jimin’s neck.

 

Finally, we managed to start our bike ride. I pedaled quickly in front of Jimin, eager to feel the cool early spring breeze against my face.

“Baby, wait up.” Jimin whined, still struggling to maneuver his bike over the rocky path.

“Nope!” I taunted, pedaling even faster. The wind tousled my hair as the sun warmed my face. What a perfect day for a bike ride. What a perfect day for everything.

 

The library was only a short distance from his house, so we made it there relatively quickly. Jimin pedaled up behind me as I locked my bike to the rack.

“This was supposed to be a leisurely and romantic bike ride.” He grumbled as he locked his bike next to mine.

“It’s fine, it’s fine.” I brushed away his complaints easily. “Let’s go get some books.” I started to head off without him, but Jimin grasped my arm and pulled me into his arms.

“Not so fast.” He whispered, kissing me.

“Jimin!” I squirmed in his arms. “We’re in public.”

“No one’s here.” He laughed, kissing me once more. “Just for a little while, c’mon.”

“Fine.” I surrendered, giving him a quick peck on the lips. Jimin grinned and held my head in his hand, pulling me closer for another kiss.

 

“Ahem.”

We both sprang apart and turned guiltily to see an old man glaring disapprovingly at us.

“Young people these days.” He grumbled and shook his head at us.

“Sorry, sir.” We mumbled an apology and quickly made our escape. Our cheeks were bright red with embarrassment, but that didn’t stop Jimin from grabbing my hand.

 

We wandered around the library aimlessly. I picked up books and browsed through them while Jimin leaned against the shelves and studied me.

“Baby, are you done yet?” He whined. “We’ve been here for over an hour.”

I ignored him and continued to pick out books.

“Baby…” Jimin pulled at my hand. I slapped him away absentmindedly.

“Baby!” He said loudly, tugging at my sleeves. “C’mon! You’re so slow.”

“Jimin!” I turned to hiss at him. “Shut the up!”

At that moment, a mother and her young son walked past us. The mother glared at me and I flushed, embarrassed. Jimin giggled, but I felt too mortified to even glare at him.

“Look at what you did!” I smacked him lightly once they had gone.

“That was all you, babe.” Jimin laughed. “It’s a sign that we’re supposed to leave. Come on, let’s go.”

“Fine.” I snapped. “I’m too ashamed to even stay here for another second.

 

As we waited in line to check out, Jimin stood behind me and placed his hands on my waist. He leaned down to kiss my neck, but I elbowed him.

“Knock it off.” I scolded him.

“No way. I love seeing you frazzled like this.” Jimin brushed my hair out of his way and nibbled my earlobe.

“Jimin!” I whisper-shrieked. The mother and son duo were back and the mom had begun to shake her head at me. “I hate you so much right now.”

“No, you don’t.” Jimin muttered. He gave my earlobe one last nip as the librarian beckoned me to the desk.

“Aren’t you two lovey-dovey?” She commented as she scanned my library card. “Please keep in mind that this is a public place with children around.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I mumbled, ashamed. Jimin just winked at her. What a greaseball. Wait, was the librarian blushing? I rolled my eyes internally. Leave it to me to pick up such a charming and incorrigible boyfriend.

 

Jimin grabbed my hand again as we made our way out the door. I snatched it away from him, still feeling embarrassed. The blush hadn’t even receded from my cheeks before he snatched it back and dragged me past the bike racks.

“What are you doing?” I tried to push him away as he held me against the brick wall of the building.

“It’s fine, it’s fine.” Jimin crooned. “We’re behind the building. No one can see us.”

“That’s what you said last time.” I muttered as he kissed my forehead.

“Shhh…” He mumbled as he dragged his lips down my jawline. “Just let me love you.”

I turned his face and pressed my lips to his. I could feel him smile as I kissed him. I wound my arms around his neck and he pushed me further against the wall. A little kissing wouldn’t hurt, right?

 

“Mommy, what are they doing?” 

I broke away and looked past Jimin to see the same mother and son staring at us. I’m pretty sure I made a mortal enemy of the mother in that moment.

“Nothing adults should be doing in public.” She hissed, covering her son’s eyes. She dragged him away from us, all the while scowling at me disapprovingly.

My face turned bright red, but Jimin just rested his head against my shoulder and burst out laughing.

“I’m going to die.” I stated calmly. “You’re going to kill me today; I know it.”

Jimin continued to chuckle as he took my hand and pulled me back to the bikes. I stumbled along behind him, too humiliated to make my body move properly.

He picked up the books from where we had left them and placed them in his basket.

“Where do you wanna go now?” He asked as he unlocked our bikes.

“I’d like the earth to open up beneath me and swallow me whole.” I muttered. “I’ll never be able to show my face in that library again.”

“That’s okay.” Jimin said easily. “I’ll just buy all the books you want.”

 

We hopped on our bikes and pedaled away from the library. Jimin pushed in front of me and called back to me.

“Baby, follow me!”

“Where are we going?” I asked, trying to keep a safe distance between us.

“It’s a surprise.” He grinned back at me for a second before pedaling on.

I followed quietly behind him along the unfamiliar trail until we reached a woodsy area.

Jimin braked in front of me and climbed down off his bike, a secretive smile on his face. He propped his bike up against a tree and I followed suit.

“Where are we?” I asked, curious.

“Just come on.” Jimin said quietly, excitedly. He grabbed his backpack and took my hand and led me expertly along until we reached our destination.

 

“Wow.” I breathed. “This place is gorgeous.”

Jimin watched me attentively, trying to gauge my reaction. “Do you love it?” He whispered.

“Yeah! It’s amazing.”

Jimin had taken me to his favorite stream. I’d never been here before, but he had described the lush green grass and the giant tree on the bank he and his friends had tied a rope swing onto. It was surrounded by trees and incredibly private. I felt touched that he had shared this special place with me.

“Are we going swimming?” I turned to him, excited.

Jimin laughed and tousled my hair. “No way. It’s way too cold outside. But I did bring us something.” He reached into his backpack and pulled out a picnic blanket and a bag of sandwiches.

“Did you plan this?” I demanded, shocked.

He smiled shyly and shrugged. “I might have hoped that we would come here.”

“Jimin…that’s so sweet.” I smiled. He grinned and ducked his head down, embarrassed.

I stepped closer to him and pecked his cheek.

“Let’s eat some of those sandwiches. I’m so hungry.” I suggested.

He spread out the picnic blanket and we sat down, munching on our sandwiches contentedly. After we were done eating, Jimin rifled through his backpack and pulled out a worn out paperback.

“I got you something.” He said quietly and tossed it to me.

I caught it and examined the cover. “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings! I’ve been looking for this!” I exclaimed excitedly. “How did you know?”

Jimin shrugged. “You might have mentioned it to Young Jae one day at work. I couldn’t help but eavesdrop on you two out of jealousy.”

“You’re ridiculous.” I smirked affectionately at him. “You’ve got nothing to be jealous of.”

Jimin laid down and rested his head on my leg. He left a soft kiss on my thigh.

“Why don’t you read for a little bit?” He murmured sleepily. “I’m going to take a nap.”

“Okay.” I whispered, his hair.

Jimin quickly fell asleep on my leg and snored softly as I quietly turned the pages of my book.

 

We stayed like that for a while until I wanted some company.

“Jimin.” I whispered, poking his cheek.

“Mmm.” He grumbled.

“Wake up.” I ordered. “I wanna kiss you.”

Jimin blinked a few times and slowly sat up.

“What time is it?” He yawned.

I shrugged. “Does it even matter?”

“No, I guess you’re right.” He stretched and slung an arm across my shoulders. I put my book down and snuggled into his side.

Jimin turned his head and kissed my hair.

“I love you.” He murmured.

“I love you, too.” I replied softly, taking his free hand in mine.

“What a great day this has been.” Jimin said, pulling me closer to him.

“It’s still not over yet.” I told him. I climbed into his lap and brushed his hair out of his eyes. He smiled at me sleepily and I kissed his nose.

“Wanna go home and have dinner?” I asked him.

Jimin nodded and tucked my hair behind my ear. “But let’s just stay like this for a little while longer.”

“Okay.” I agreed. I wrapped my arms around him and tucked my head into the crook of his neck. He held me close to him and sighed contentedly.

“This is so perfect.” He whispered.

“Yeah, it really is.” I said quietly. “I wanted us to get back together so badly.”

“Did you?” Jimin asked, surprised.

I nodded into his neck. “Yeah. I missed this.”

“Me too.” Jimin said softly. “I missed you.”

“Well, let’s just not ever do something silly like break up again, okay?” I pulled back and looked at him.

Jimin grinned at me. “Okay.” He rested his forehead against mine. “Never again.”