Sweet First Moments

Stay Away From Me

“Ugh, I hate wearing glasses,” I complained, surveying myself in the mirror.

Jimin looked up from his phone. Yukon lay in his lap; Jimin's hand rested on him absentmindedly.

“Why? I think you look cute in them.” He smiled at me affectionately.

I sighed. “You don’t understand the life of a girl whose boyfriend is prettier than her.”

Jimin laughed. “It’s true, I’m very pretty," he agreed. I grimaced at him. “But you’re still prettier, even with glasses. Besides, it's not like you even wear them often. Only when you're too lazy to put in your contacts.”

“You know, I remember you wore glasses for some time, right?” I looked at him for confirmation.

He gave me a strange look. "Duh, baby. I keep a pair on the nightstand."

"Yeah, but didn't you have fake frames or something? Didn't you do it for a promotion or something?"

"Nah, I just got new frames. My fans hadn't seen it before. Some girls loved them. You know, how some people really go for handsome boys in glasses.” He winked at me.

“Jimin, could you stop being a greaseball for like one moment in your life, please?” I scolded him.

“You know you love it.” He giggled and stuck out his tongue for a split second.

“Yeah, a little too much,” I groaned. “Please help me control myself by controlling yourself.”

 

Jimin looked a little too pleased with himself because of my remark. I decided to throw him off his game a little bit.

“You know, I thought that glasses would maybe make me look older, but even after getting them, I still get mistaken for a teenager all the time.” I sat down next to Jimin and placed Yukon on the floor so I could rest my head in Jimin's lap.

He put down his phone and started my hair. “I don’t think they make you look older. You’ve got a baby face.”

I snickered. “Yeah, do you remember when we first met?” Jimin’s hand stopped mid-.

“I-I would rather not," he stuttered. He put his face in his hands, embarrassed.

“Yeah, you know, I remember it pretty clearly.” I loved seeing Jimin uncomfortable. Somehow he was just so cute when he was embarrassed. “Hmm…what precious memories. Do you remember what you first said to me?”

“No,” Jimin said stubbornly through his fingers. I giggled, thoroughly enjoying every second.

“Wasn’t it something like, ‘Hey beautiful, why don’t you let me be your op-‘” Jimin interrupted me by covering my mouth with his hands.

“Don’t! Stop, stop, stop!” Jimin shouted, mortified. I stuck my tongue out and his fingers, trying to free myself. “Eww, babe, what the ? Don’t me. How dirty!”

I laughed in triumph as Jimin uncovered my mouth and wiped his hands on my shirt.

“Jiminie…don’t you want to remember our sweet first moments? Hmm?” I reached up and poked his cheek.

Jimin groaned. “I would rather not remember any of that. It was not one of my finest moments. You agreeing to go on a date with me was perhaps the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.”

“Of course it was,” I agreed easily. “But it was so cute when you asked me to call you oppa. But I would never.”

Jimin scoffed. “Listen, it’s not my fault that you have the face of a fifteen year old.”

I laughed. “You tried asking out a girl younger than you and ended up asking out a girl older than you. How did you feel?”

“Happy that such a beautiful girl even agreed to go out with me in the first place.” Jimin resumed my hair.

“Huu…you’re so cheesy. It’s hard to even take you seriously.” I smiled up at him. Jimin smiled back and I felt my heart melt inside.

“It’s hard to believe that it’s already been some time since then,” Jimin mused. “You’re even prettier than the day we first met.”

“Hmm, I wish I could say the same thing about you.” I tried to say this line with a straight face, but I broke into giggles at the sight of Jimin’s fierce expression.

“Hey! You! I’m very handsome and you know it.” Jimin lifted a hand and acted like he was going to hit me, although I knew that even if his hand came down, he would never hurt me.

“Ah, Jimin!” I squealed, closing my eyes and bracing myself for a flick on the forehead or something. However, Jimin swiftly bent down and kissed me.

 

After a moment, he pulled back and pulled me up into his lap. I leaned in for another kiss, but he put a finger to my lips.

“Jiminnn…” I protested, brushing his finger away.

“Shh," he crooned. “Let me just tell you something.”

“What…is it even anything good? You’re ruining the mood," I complained.

“I just wanted to tell you why I actually talked to you in the first place.” Jimin smiled.

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“I mean, I didn’t just come up to you and ask you out. There was a reason behind it," Jimin explained. “Remember, it was when we were both living in Busan? And you came into my parents’ restaurant?”

“Yeah, I remember. Why would I forget something like that?” I muttered.

“Okay, well, that day I was there with my members. We all saw you eating there alone and I told them I thought you were pretty. They all bet me that I couldn’t go up and ask you out…and you know me. I had to take the bet. And they said I had to use a line from our song then, Boy In Luv. So that’s why I asked if I could be your oppa.”

I stared at him for a moment. “So…let me get this straight. You asked me out on a bet?”

Jimin grinned sheepishly. “And look how well it turned out.”

“Like did you even want to ask me out or was it because they challenged you and you can’t back down from a challenge?”

Jimin raised his eyebrows. He could tell from my tone that I was pissed.

“So were you like ‘Oh, ? Now I actually have to do this thing?’ when I said yes?” I continued, growing angrier as I thought about it.

“What? No!” Jimin said. “I was really excited. Couldn’t you tell? Don’t you remember?”

“Well, apparently I’ve been remembering a different version of the story for a long time.” I snapped.

“I don’t understand what you’re so angry about,” Jimin replied. “I really don’t get it. Does it matter how I asked you out? The point is I wanted to ask you out and I did and you said yes. And now we’re where we are.”

“Yes, yes. Try and conveniently brush it under the rug,” I said, jumping off of Jimin’s lap. I started walking away, mad as hell.

“Babe, why are you so angry?” Jimin leapt up from the couch and followed me. “I don’t get it!”

“I don’t get it either? I’m just mad?” I continued my angry walk into the bedroom.

“Why are you saying those like questions? Are you mocking me?” Jimin’s brow furrowed as he leaned on the doorframe.

“No, I just don’t really know why I’m mad. I just feel like our love is a lie.” I sighed melodramatically and fell onto the bed.

“Are you serious right now?” Jimin asked skeptically. He came over and laid on the bed next to me.

“Not really,” I said. “I just thought maybe I was too beautiful for you to resist or something. Gross.”

Jimin laughed. “You definitely were. But I’m surprised you couldn’t tell it was a line. ‘Will you let me be your oppa?’ Really, babe? Would I say something like that?”

“Uhhh…have you heard yourself? You’re like the greasiest person I’ve ever met. And you always do your eye smolder and like…listen, you just know how to work what you have.”

Jimin giggled. “Ah, it’s part of my job. Also it’s just really fun to seduce you. But you like reject me most of the time, anyway, so I didn’t think I was so good at it.”

“Yeah, you’re not,” I agreed. This was a total lie. Of course Jimin was excellent at seducing me. I just would never tell him that.

“Anyway, I’m happy that we’re together now, however we got that way.” Jimin pinched my cheek.

“Yeah, me too.” I reached down and interlaced my fingers with Jimin’s.

“Don’t forget that the next time I tell you a secret.” Jimin squeezed my hand.

“Just don’t keep secrets from me? How about trying that?” I retorted.

“Mmm,” Jimin agreed quietly. “Though it’s no secret that I love you.”

I gagged. “Can you please stop? I’m about to throw up.”

Jimin let go of my hand and rolled over to straddle me. “You love me!” He yelled as he began to tickle me.

“No, stop, stop! I don’t love you right now.” I tried to wriggle away but he pinned me down.

“I won’t stop tickling you until you tell me you love me.” Jimin threatened.

“I’d rather die,” I said fiercely.

Jimin shrugged. “That’s your choice!” He grabbed my wrists in one hand and tickled my sides until I screamed.

“Okay, okay! I love you, I love you! Just ing…stop tickling…me,” I panted.

Jimin abruptly ceased his attack and smiled smugly. “The things I have to do to get you to tell me you love me.” He shook his head sadly.

“Oh, please,” I teased.. “You’re so needy. You already know I love you. Just let it go.”

“Never,” Jimin declared. He leaned down and kissed me.

“Stop kissing me," I ordered. “And get off of me. You’re so heavy.”

“Not until you tell me you love me,” Jimin demanded. He kissed me again.

“What? Twice in one day? Don’t you have any pride?” I giggled. Jimin scowled.

“Apparently not. Not when it comes to you.” He kissed me for the third time. “C’mon, tell me you love me," he whined. Adorable.

“Not happening,” I refused. Jimin stuck his tongue out at me.

“Fine," he surrendered. He flopped over onto his back and let out a long sigh.

I quickly kissed his cheek. “Iloveyou,” I mumbled.

A huge smile lit up Jimin’s face. He grabbed my face and covered it in kisses.

“Don’t make me say it again,” I warned. I took his face in my hands and kissed him deeply.

“I won’t,” Jimin promised. “Not with words, anyway.” He winked at me.

I groaned. “Always the same greasy Jimin.”

“But that’s what you love about me, right?”

“Yeah,” I agreed softly, kissing him again. “That’s what I love about you.”