Little White Sundress

Stay Away From Me

“It feels like we’re having a constant sleepover.” I grinned over at Jimin.

We were sitting cross legged across from each other on my living room floor, Yukon curled up in a fluffly little bundle next to us. A couple of days had passed since our fight. Young Jae was nothing but courteous to the two of us when we saw him at work, although he did shoot me wistful glances from time to time. I wasn’t going to pretend that I didn’t feel terrible about the whole thing and that I didn’t miss his friendship, but things between Jimin and I had been really, really good since I stopped hanging out with Young Jae.

“I know, right?” Jimin agreed. He scrunched up his nose, making a cute face at me. “My mom told me to come home sometimes, but I don’t even want to.”

“You should see your parents sometimes.” I told him. “They’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you.” Jimin said. “Besides, I’ve still got three weeks before I’ve gotta go back to Seoul. That’s plenty of time to hang out with both you and them.”

“We could sleep over there sometimes.” I suggested.

Jimin grimaced. “Yeah, but there we have to sleep separately. Now that we’re back together, my dad put his foot down. When I was over there this morning picking up some more clothes, he told me that we’d better quit fooling around and get married soon.”

“Married? Already?” I raised my eyebrows at him. “It’s only been like…what’s today, Wednesday? It’s been like five days since we got back together. And they want us to get married?”

“Baby, we’ve been dating for a while before the breakup. It’s not like we’ve only been dating five days total.” Jimin pointed out.

“I mean, that’s true.” I agreed slowly. “I don’t know. I think we should just go with the flow. See how everything turns out.”

Jimin nodded. “You’re right. As much as I wanna marry you, I wanna do it when we’re both ready.”

“Really?” I smiled shyly at him. “You really wanna wait for me?”

“Yeah.” Jimin smiled back. He suddenly moved so his head was plopped in my lap. He reached up and tugged on my short hair gently. “I’ll wait for you forever.”

“Thank you.” I told him softly, gazing down at him. His face looked cute even upside down.

 

He reached up underneath my shirt and found the engagement ring still hanging from my neck.

“You should give this back to me.” Jimin murmured. “So I can propose to you with it sometime.”

I shook my head. “No way. You said it was mine. I’m keeping it.”

“It is yours.” Jimin reassured me. “But it’s not supposed to be worn around your neck. Just let me put it on your finger.”

“One of these days, I will. But for now, I’m keeping it.” I ran my fingers through his hair. “Now get your hand out of my shirt.”

Jimin let go of the ring and gently trailed his fingers down my stomach. I shivered and he turned his head and kissed my thigh.

“Your tights are cute.” He commented, tracing the design lazily with his finger. “I like this color on you.”

“Thank you.” I absentmindedly played with his hair.

“You have such pretty legs.” Jimin murmured, kissing my thigh once more. “I’ve always loved your legs.”

I laughed. “What a strange thing to say. I know it’s a compliment, but it still sounds kind of sleazy to me.”

“Oh, please.” Jimin snorted. “Like you’ve never commented on my legs before. Okay, you remember when we first started dating and you were housesitting for your friend? You remember, that cute little white cottage?”

“Yeah, I remember.” I said as I began to braid Jimin’s bangs.

“And you guys had like a week of parties? It was probably only our fourth or fifth date when you invited me over for one. Do you remember?”

“I do remember that it was our sixth date. But I don’t remember much else about that night, to be honest.” I admitted. “I was so drunk.”

Jimin giggled. “Yeah, you were. You were already tipsy by the time I got there. It was so adorable. Little did I know what I was getting myself into, you little drunkard.”

I shrugged. “It’s not that hard for me to get drunk. And once I start drinking, I just keep on drinking.”

“Oh, I know. You don’t have to tell me.” Jimin smirked. I just smiled back down at him and unraveled the braid from his hair.

“Anyway,” He continued. “I knocked on your door and all your friends were like, ‘Oh, it’s the pretty boy with thick thighs!’ And you just came sauntering over towards me in this pretty little white sundress and handed me a drink.”

“Did I?” I asked mildly. I was concentrating on giving Jimin a faux hawk. It wasn’t working out as well as I had hoped.

“Yeah, you just giggled at me and told me I was pretty.” Jimin laughed softly. “I didn’t even know what to do. I was so nervous; I’d never met your friends before. And I’ve never been much of a drinker. But , you were so cute. It was just starting to get warm, but you were already walking around in short dresses with your long hair flowing down your back. And your little tipsy giggle! Damn, I was already in love with you.”

“Were you?” I stopped playing with his hair for a second and glanced into his eyes, surprised. He stuck out his tongue with a smile and covered his face with his hands.

“Probably.” Jimin muttered, embarrassed. “I probably fell in love with you the first time I saw you.”

I laughed. “Don’t lie.” I resumed my efforts to style Jimin’s hair. I had given up on the faux hawk and decided to just braid lots of little braids in his hair. “You didn’t tell me you loved me until we had been dating for like five months. Right? When did you tell me? It was the summer, but it was late summer. I remember that much.”

“September 2nd.” Jimin said softly, drawing his hands away. “I told you on September 2nd.”

“You remember that?” I asked, a little touched.

“I remember almost everything.” Jimin murmured.

I bent down and kissed him on the lips. It was a little awkward since his face was upside down, but it still felt sweet.

“I love you.” Jimin whispered as I broke away. He my cheek softly.

“Me, too, baby.” I whispered back as I straightened up. I went back to braiding Jimin’s hair. “Tell me more about my drunk escapades.”

Jimin sighed thoughtfully. “Hmm…after that I started getting a little tipsy myself. And all of your friends kept referring to me as the pretty boy with thick thighs. It was either, ‘Hey, pretty boy!’ or ‘Thick thighs, do you want another shot?’ Like, is that all you told them about me? You couldn’t even mention that my name was Jimin?”

I giggled. “My friend caught a glimpse of you when you walked me back after our third date. And she said, ‘Oh, not your usual type.’ And I said, ‘What would you know? My type is a pretty boy with thick thighs.’ And ever since then they’ve called you that. They still call you that, actually. When I met up with them yesterday, they all asked me if your thighs were still thick.”

Jimin laughed. “Wow, what a way to be remembered.” He said wryly. “Anyway, let me finish the story.”

“Go ahead.” I encouraged, still working on Jimin’s hair. I had finished five braids already. He looked really dumb, but it was fun.

“You basically ignored me the whole party. You were too busy doing shots with your friends and kissing everyone’s hair. Why are you such a kiss monster when you’re drunk?”

I shrugged. “I can’t even tell you, honey. It’s just what happens.”

“Anyway, I was just sitting on the couch by myself, drinking whatever it was you had handed me, when suddenly you sat down next to me and started kissing my ear.”

“Did I really?” I demanded, shocked.

“Yeah, you really did! I swear!” Jimin told me earnestly. “And , I could feel the blush creeping up my neck, and you just giggled and told me I was so, so pretty. And then you climbed into my lap, I’m not lying, baby, and you said ‘Wow, these thighs feel better than I thought they would.’”

“You’re lying!” I shrieked, mortified. “There’s no way in hell I would do something like that!”

“I am not lying!” Jimin held his hand up in the air to show his sincerity. “That is what you told me.”

“I don’t believe you.” I muttered. I totally believed him. Drunk me was a different me.

“Do you want me to continue?” Jimin asked slyly.

“There’s more?” I groaned. “I don’t know if I want to hear it.”

“Why are you embarrassed?” Jimin chuckled. “It was so long ago. And it’s fine. I already know you love my thighs.”

“Shut the up.” I grumbled, half-heartedly. I sighed resignedly. “Fine, tell me the rest.”

Jimin snickered. “Okay, so after that, you, um. You tried to kiss me.”

“I tried?” I asked, confused. “What, did I fail or something?”

“Not exactly.” Jimin said slowly. “You just sort of fell asleep in the middle of it.”

I paused for a moment, pondering that tidbit of information.

“How did I fall asleep? Like did I just fall asleep with my lips on yours? How did that work exactly?”

“Well…you kissed me and then you whispered in my ear. You told me I was very, very pretty and that you were very, very tired. And then you just tucked your head into my neck and told me I smelled good. And you were kissing my neck, but you just sort of stopped and fell asleep on me.” Jimin smiled at the memory.

“What did you do?” I asked softly, untangling his braids.

“I just held you for a while. You looked so sweet that I didn’t want to disturb you.” Jimin reached up and took one of my hands in his. He kissed it and rested his cheek against it. “You kept mumbling in your sleep.”

“What did I say?” I murmured, curious.

Jimin smiled. “It’s a secret.”

“What? That’s not fair.” I whined. “I’m the one who said it! I have the right to know.”

“Nope.” Jimin grinned up at me. “It’s a secret.”

I pulled his hair with my free hand. “Tell me now, Jimin.” I growled. “Or your hair gets it.”

“Ouch, baby! Let go of my hair!” Jimin ordered. I tugged his hair harder. “Ow, baby. Baby, stop!” He glared up at me. I glared back at him, giving one last tug.

“Okay, fine, I’ll tell you!” He snapped. “Just let go of my hair.”

“You better tell the truth.” I warned, releasing his hair.

“How would you know if it was the truth or not?” Jimin muttered, rubbing his sore scalp. “Wait, what is this? Did you braid my hair?”

I giggled. “Yeah. You look cute now. Stop distracting me and tell me what I told you.”

“It was nothing, really.” Jimin said softly, lost in remembering. “You just kept saying my name. Just ‘Jimin.’ Over and over again. At first, I wasn’t sure if you were awake and just trying to tell me something, but your breathing was like a sleeping person’s. You were just saying my name in your sleep.” He closed his eyes and sighed peacefully. “I must have held you for like two hours, but it felt like no time had passed when your friend tapped me on the shoulder and told me everyone was going to bed. I carried you up to your room and tucked you up in bed. You were sort of awake by then, and you grabbed my hand and told me not to leave. So I just sat next to you and held your hand until you fell asleep.”

“You did?” I whispered. “You did all that for me?”

“Yeah.” Jimin smiled gently up at me. “It’s one of my sweetest memories.”

 

“Sit up for a minute.” I told him.

“Okay.” Jimin obeyed me and straightened up. He ran a hand through his hair, trying to tame it after all my styling. “What’s up, baby?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to do this.” I said softly as I climbed into his lap. I kissed him sweetly and then rested my head against his shoulder. “Your thighs still feel good.”

“You’re ridiculous.” Jimin chuckled as he my hair.

“Jimin, I love you.” I murmured. “I love you a lot.”

“I love you, too, baby. I’ve always loved you.” Jimin kissed the top of my head. “And I always will.”