Shoujo Manga

Stay Away From Me

“I love days off!” I cried from my cozy spot on the couch. “I wish every day was a day off.”

Jimin laughed. He lay sprawled out on the living room floor. Next to him was a stack of my comic books. The two of were just hanging out after a long and lazy morning in bed.

“You’d be so bored if you didn’t have a job. Remember when you were unemployed for three months?”

I groaned. “Ugh, I don’t like to. Those were terrible three months. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without you.”

“Probably you would have starved.” Jimin replied as he turned a page.

“Probably.” I agreed. “Why do I have so much trouble feeding myself?” I yawned and snuggled into my blanket.

“Because you’re lazy.” Jimin said simply. He glanced up at me to see my reaction with a mischievous grin. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“I can’t even argue with that.” I laughed. I studied him for a moment. “How are you enjoying those comic books? I didn’t know you were such a fan of shoujo manga.”

Jimin rolled over onto his back and held the book over his head. “There’s a lot of cheesy lines in here.”

“You’re one to talk!” I laughed at him. Jimin shot me a death glare.

“No, really.” He continued. “Listen to this. This girl got lost in the woods with this boy she likes and they fall down a cliff and she sprains her ankle. Suddenly it starts to rain and the girl is so fragile that she gets a fever. Okay, so then the boy that she’s in love with cuddles her up and kisses her and whispers ‘I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. I actually really love you.’ And because the girl has a fever, she can’t decide if it’s a dream or reality. I can’t believe you actually read these things. Especially because you’re like the least romantic person I know.”

“Excuse me, I am very romantic.” I argued. “And I love those books. Because they’re just so cheesy and sweet. I mean, I love you. And you’re like the mushiest person I know.”

Jimin ignored me and continued reading his book. “Aww, wow. The boy is blushing when he sees her the next day. But she just acts normal because she doesn’t think he really kissed her.”

“See, see! They’re cute.” I got up from the couch and lay down next to him. I tried to read with him, but he yanked the book out of my view and turned his back to me.

“Jimin!” I complained. I tugged on his arm, but he elbowed me away.

“Leave me alone. I’m having a moment.” He sniffed.

“Are you…are you crying?” I demanded. I got up and kneeled over him, trying ot check for tears in his eyes.

“No.” Jimin grumbled, trying to hide his face from me.

“Oh my gosh, you are! You’re crying over a manga!” I crowed. “I need a picture. I’m going to frame this and show it to your friends.”

“No, stop! You’re ruining everything!” Jimin cried. He covered his face with the book. “He just told her he loved her for the first time. And he was blushing so hard and the girl was stuttering ‘Y-You love me? You do?’ and it just reminded me of the first time I said it to you.” His voice was muffled by the pages of the book, but his words still melted my heart.

I gently tried to pull the book away from his face, but he held onto it tightly.

“Jimin, if you tear my book, I’m going to be really pissed.” I warned him. He immediately let go, having faced my wrath over damaged books before.

I took the book away and placed it gently on the floor. Jimin avoided my eyes and pouted a little bit. I chuckled softly and wiped away the one tear that had escaped.

“I wasn’t really crying.” He insisted.

“I know.” I whispered. “But it’s still so damn cute.”

“Do you remember the first time I told you I loved you?” Jimin looked up into my eyes.

“Of course.” I replied. “It was in the summer when we both lived in Busan. School was out for the summer, so I had a lot of free time. We were eating watermelon on your parents’ back porch at night, right?”

“Yeah.” Jimin agreed softly. “And you kept spitting out the seeds accidentally onto your clothes.”

“I don’t remember that.” I grumbled. Jimin laughed and reached up to my hair.

“And I just remember looking at you and laughing. You scowled at me and asked ‘What the are you laughing at?’”

I groaned. “Wow, what an I was.”

“You’re still one.” Jimin giggled.

I glared at him, but couldn’t argue with that.

“Anyway, you just kept scowling at me as I doubled over with laughter.” Jimin smiled at the memory.

“Yeah, and then I smacked you.” I remembered proudly.

“And I grabbed your hand and kissed it. And I said ‘I’m just laughing cause you’re too cute.’ And you blushed and yanked your hand away, but I saw a small smile on your face as you hid it from me.’”

“Yeah, you always made me smile like that.” I agreed softly, lost in reminiscing.

“I teased you about it, saying something like ‘You love me!’” Jimin smirked.

“And I said, ‘You wish I loved you.’” I grinned.

“And do you remember what happened after that?” Jimin looked at me with soft eyes.

I lay down next to him and kissed his cheek. He turned to face me and we gazed into each others’ eyes, smiling.

“Yeah.” I whispered. “You said, ‘I do wish you loved me. Cause I love you.’”

Jimin reached out and my hair. “Yeah, and then you just stared at me in shock for like a minute before stuttering ‘Y-You love me? You…You love me?’”

“This is such an embarrassing memory.” I moaned.

“Shh…it’s adorable. It’s one of my favorite memories.” Jimin murmured. “And you just looked so cute and shocked that I just kissed you. And you were still so cute and shocked by my kiss that you ended up dropping your watermelon on the ground.”

“Not my most collected moment.” I agreed. “I don’t even think I could get it together to tell you I loved you, too.”

Jimin scowled. “You definitely didn’t. I waited so long for that first ‘I love you’ from you.”

“But it was worth the wait, right?” I poked his cheek. He suddenly grinned at me.

“It was. Everything about you is worth the wait.” Jimin my cheek with the back of his hand. “I love you more now than when I told you that first time.”

“Me too.” I whispered. “I love you, too.”

Jimin kissed me softly, sweetly.

“I love you.” He whispered against my lips.

“I love you, too.” I whispered back.

 

We kissed for a few more minutes until I giggled suddenly.

“What?” Jimin mumbled.

“I can’t believe you cried over a manga.”

Jimin turned over and picked up the book. He flipped to the page he had been reading before and pointed out a water mark to me.

“Look.” He ordered, stabbing the mark with his finger. “This is evidence that you also cried over this spot.”

I blushed. Jimin grinned triumphantly.

“Fine.” I admitted. “I read this after you told me you loved me and I cried over it, too. Okay? I’m a big sap, too. You caught me.”

“I already knew.” Jimin laughed. He wrapped his arms around me and I cuddled into his chest. “You try and hide it, but I know you’re just as big of a sap as I am.”

“You know all my secrets.” I grumbled.

“Yeah.” Jimin whispered, my hair. “That’s my favorite part.”

“Well, you’re the only one, so you better keep your mouth shut.” I warned him.

“Don’t worry, I will. I wouldn’t want anyone else to know about these cute sides of you.” Jimin murmured into my hair. He kissed the top of my head gently.

“I love you, Jimin.” I whispered. I left a tiny kiss on his chest.

“I love you, too, baby.” Jimin kissed my head again and I could feel him smile.