The Confession

Till The End I Love You

      Rina stands in front of the window.  She suddenly remembered the memories that she had created with her husband.  The moments where Daehyun had prepare a special birthday event for her and more. That is the reason why she refused to move from the house. Although it has been fifteen years since Daehyun passed away, she still blame her own son as a caused to Daehyun’s death.

"Princess, always remember that the baby is the symbol of our love. Please take a good care of our babay okay.” She suddenly remembered Daehyun’s last words to her. Her tears suddenly fall down.

"He's our baby. Yeah. He's my son. " Rina suddenly realized about her son.  She looks like she had just wakes up from a dream.  She run to Daehwan’s room but it is empty.  She remembered that Daehwan had leaves the house in the afternoon.  She fall down on the floor and cried.  She finally realized how precious Daehwan to her.

.

"Daehyun ah, I'm sorry. I have failed to take a good care of our child. I'm sorry ... "Rina  burst into tears. Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at the screen and answered the phone.

"Hello?" Rina said with her sob.

"Hello. Rina. It’s mummy here.” Mrs Jung said on the line.

 "Hurm, mummy. Why are you calling at this time?” Rina asked her mother in law with manners.

" It’s like this.  Daehwan actually asked me to keep it as a secret from you but you are his mother and you deserved to know.  Daehwan is at my house. He came just now and cried to me.  And now he is asleep. Rina, I know what you are thinking but it has been fifteen years dear. For how long you want to treat Daehwan like that?  He is just a kid Rina.  He knows nothing.  Daehyun died not because of him.  You can’t blame him for that.  Please don’t be like this dear.   Poor Daehwan.  He needs you more than anyone else. I am sure Daehyun also don’t want to see you treat his son like this. “ Mrs Jung tried to slow talk with her.  When she heard Daehyun’s name, she cried again.

" I miss him mummy.  I really miss him so much.  Eventhough it has been fifteen years since he left me, but I still feel like it just happened yesterday. Every day is like a nightmare to me mummy. But don’t worry.  Now I realize that I shouldn’t put the blame on Daehwan.  He is innocent.  I will come to your house tomorrow to pick him.  I want my child back and I want to start a new life with him.” Rina said to her mother in law.

" I know you miss him so badly. Me too dear. I miss him more.  I am the one who gave birth to him. I can’t express it with words how much I miss him.  It’s good to hear that you want to take him back. Talk to him and start a new life okay.  I want to sleep now. Good night.” Mrs Jung adviced her and finally ended the call.

         Rina entered her room and jumped on the bed. Tomorrow she will turn into a new Rina. No more Rina who always cried.  No more Rina who always blame her son.  She slowly closed her eyes and hope for a better day tomorrow.

          The next day, Rina wake up early in the morning and get ready to take back her son. After she satisfied with her look, she went out and drove to her mother in law house. Fifteen minutes after that, she arrived at the house. She pressed the bell and waiting for her mother in law to open the door.  The door suddenly opened from inside and Mrs Jung welcome her.

"Mummy! It has been a long time! How are you?” Rina asked her and hugged her body.  Mrs Jung replied the hug and smile.

" I am healthy as always. What about you?” Mrs Jung asked her back.

" Of course I am healthy. I’m still young okay mummy.” Rina replied as a joke.  Mrs Jung laughed with her.  This is the Rina who had been missing for fifteen years. Since Daehyun left her, Rina had totally changed. No more smiles from her and no more jokes from her. Only tears become her best friend for these fifteen years.

"Hahah. Very young. But you already had a grown up boy.” Mrs Jung replied her and Rina laughed.

 "Hahah. Mummy, where is Daehwan?” Rina asked her mother in law.  Daehwan can’t be seen anywhere in the house.

"He is in his room. It’s a good thing that you come this morning. He didn’t eat anything since yesterday. He only looked at the phone and sit in the room for the whole day. When I come into his room, he is already asleep. And until now he didn’t show up. Go and talk to him. I’m sure he misses his mummy.” Mrs Jung answered.  Rina nodded slowly.

     Rina climb up the stairs and heading to the Daehwan’s room. She knocked the door several times but no response from Daehwan. She finally opened the door and entered the room slowly. Daehwan is sitting on his bed. He realized someone had enters his room.  But he looks surprise when he saw his mummy is in front of him. Daehwan turned around.

" What are you doing here? How do you know that I’m here?” Daehwan asked her but he didn’t look at her face.

" I’m here to take you home dear. Let’s go back home together okay.” Rina said to her son softly.  Daehwan released a heavy sigh.

" I don’t want. If you want to go back then go ahead. I don’t care because I don’t want to live with you anymore.” Daehwan replied and makes Rina shocked to hear it.

"Daehwan..why you talk to mummy like that? I never teach you like that. Poor you mummy.  She comes here just to pick you up. Come back home okay dear..” Mrs Jung suddenly interrupts and tried to persuade him. Daehwan become silent for a moment.

"Fifteen years mummy..fifteen years..I live without a mother’s love. You never show to me that you love me. What you do is keep hating me. I have thinks too much mummy. I have thinks like a crazy why you hate me so much?  What have I done? What is my sin towards you? From my childhood, I didn’t receive any love from you or dad. Daddy is gone since I was born. And during the time I really need you as my supporter.  I hope you love me as your son. But I expect it too high.  You even don’t want to see my face! You asked me to wear the mask all the time at home. I know that I resembles daddy too much! I know!  That’s why you hate to see my face right? Daddy died because of me right?  He died when he tried to save me right?  That is the reason why you hate me so much right? I know how you feel at that time mummy. But at least you should be grateful mummy. You can still feel daddy’s love towards you eventhough it is just for a short time. What about me? I never feel it before mummy. Have you ever think about me even just for once? All my friends say that I’m an orphan and have no father. They humiliated me just because I have no daddy! I need you the most at that time to give me support but where are you at that time mummy? Where are you when I need you?! I go to school by myself since my childhood era! You don’t want to eat with me.  Whatever I want to do, whenever I want to go, you never go with me right? And you hate my birthday too much! Why mummy! Why! What is wrong with my birthday!! Mummy, I’m just a boy who still need a mother’s love. You know nothing mummy. Nothing. I tried mummy.  I tried very hard to win your heart but you ignored everything! You know what mummy?  Sometimes I really hope that I can turn back the time so that I will let myself die and let daddy alive. I’m hurt mummy.  Hurt so much here! Here! I’m so tired of all this. I am not as strong as daddy mummy. I am weak. I am..nothing to you right? Just go mummy. Just go. I will find my own happiness after this.  I won’t comeback.  Because whether I’m there or not it’s still the same. Same.” Daehwan finally let all that he had been keeping since a long time ago. He cried after he had let out everything.  Daehwan hit his heart harder and harder.  Rina was so speechless after she heard her son’s words. Daehwan is totally hurt all this time with her action.  Her tears fall down to her cheeks.  She ran to her son and hugged him tightly.

"I’m sorry dear. I’m so sorry.  You didn’t do anything wrong. I was wrong. I’m too in love with your daddy until I couldn’t accept his death. But I forget that daddy leaves his love for me. I broke my promise.  I had peromised to your daddy to take a good care of you but I ruined everything! I failed to take care of you. Forgive me dear! Forgive me!” Rina said with sobbing. She gently rubbed his son. Daehwan didn’t response to his mother.  His cried cannot be heard anymore. Rina stepped away. She stared at her son. Daehwan’s eyes are close and he is already unconscious.

"Daehwan ah, dear, hey! Wake up! You can’t leave me like this! Wake up!” She shouted as she slapped his cheek gently but still no response from him. Mrs Jung approached them and put her hand on Daehwan’s forehead.

"I knew it! Rina, let’s bring him to hospital. He is burning up!” Mrs Jung said anxiously. Rina just nodded.

       Fifteen minutes later,they finally arrived at the hospital.  Daehwan was rushed to the emergency room.  Both of them waited in front of the treatment room. Rina keep walking here and there.  She is so worried of her son. She didn’t know that her son is sick. She blamed herself this time. If anything happened to Daehwan, she can’t forgive herself. After few minutes waiting outside, the doctor came out from the room.  Rina and Mrs Jung approached the doctor.

"How is my son?" Rina asked the doctor nervously.  The doctor keeps his stethoscope in his pocket and smile.

"Madam, don’t worry.  Your son is okay. He just has high fever and unstable blood pressure. Maybe he is too stress.  That’s why he fainted. But nevermind.  I already inject him with a sleeping dose and he is currently sleeping.  So just let him rest and we will come back to check on him again tomorrow.” The doctor explained everything and left.  Rina thanked him before he leaves.

   Daehwan is transferred to the VIP room requested By Rina to make sure her son is comfortable. Daehwan is currently still under the sleeping dose. He is sleeping on the bed. Rina sit beside him while Mrs Jung went out to buy some food for them. Her parents also said that they will come to visit their grandchild if they have time. Rina looked at her son’s pale face. Yes.  This is the face that she hated to see for a long time. Daehwan really resembles Daehyun a lot. The difference is only at their mole. Daehyun has a mole under his left eye but Daehwan had it on his right eye. Rina took his hand and kissed it silently.

"I'm sorry dear. So sorry.” Rina cried while holding his hands. She finally falls asleep beside her son.