His Other Identity

The Inseparable Ones

Jungkook fasten his pace to go to the meeting point. Every time he was called, Jungkook’s heart always beats so fast. He was never been called at night, it’s always day or in the afternoon. Somehow he felt ecstatic, on the other side he was afraid.

“Will it be today?” he mumbled to himself.

                Jungkook arrived at the usual place. It was their school’s soccer head room. He entered the room and saw another 6 boys waiting for him with a smile on their face. They were seniors from his soccer club. Only Jimin and Taehyung who are still go to the school, while Jin, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hoseok that already finished their academy.

“Maknae! You finally come!” Jimin came to hug him so tightly.

“Ah hyung, what is it you call me tonight?” asked Jungkook straight to the point.

“We only want to see my baby maknae who become so cute every day,” said Hoseok. He followed Jimin to hug him.

“Seriously hyung,” Jungkook rolled his eyes to the older boys.

“Don’t you dare to roll your eyes, Kookie~,” said Taehyung as he followed the other boys to hug the youngest.

“Namjoon hyung, please. I prefer stay at home, if the only reason to call me is just to hug me like this,” said Jungkook in puppy eyes.

                Namjoon who has been watching them from his couch put down his phone and finally talk.

“Come on guys. We have a serious thing here,” Jungkook finally got realeased from the hug and sat beside the oldest one, Jin. “Yoongi hyung said there is an indication another drugs dealer in our neighborhood. I don’t know what kind of drug is it, but hearing from hyung’s report I said this drug is more worthy than the ones we already knew,” explained Namjoon.

“Then what should we do now?” asked Taehyung

“First, we keep our eyes in this neighborhood. Yoongi hyung will tell you the places he suspected. Remember, no advance move until we sure about the drug. Second, we have to get the drug in our hands and checked it in lab. That’s what we’re going to do now,” said Namjoon. “Any question?”

“Let’s move then,” said Hoseok.

                The seven boys prepared their equipments (which is only bulletproof jacket and gun, the younger ones who can’t bring them, only get the bulletproof jacket) and Jungkook looked at them in awe. He joined them when he was in the last year of junior high school because he accidentally caught a drug dealer in his school. Jungkook mistook the drug as chemical powder and almost hurt Yein because of it. The drug almost burned the laboratory at that time. He became the only witness for the case and fortunately the school could catch the dealer. He was his own teacher. He got rewarded by school headmaster and who knows Jin is the headmaster’s son.

“Don’t be so tense maknae-yah. You and Jimin will watch the surroundings while Yoongi hyung and Jin hyung will be the one have the transactions,” said Namjoon.

                Jungkook nodded and sighed. He did master some martial arts but still it’s a dangerous game to play. He sat at the backseat of the van and looked at his phone. He wondered if Yein has already asleep or not.

‘il do il neun gwiyomi, I do I neun gwiyomi, sam do sam neun gwiyomi, sa do sa neun gwiyomi~~’

                He hurrily stopped the ringtone and opened the message. The hyungs were laughing hearing the ringtone.

“Who knows our scary maknae has a lovely ringtone for his phone,” teased Taehyung. Jungkook didn’t hear them and saw the message. From Yein.

Jungkook-ah, how’s the practice? Is it done? Don’t forget to eat, okay

“Aigoo, who is it Jungkook-ah? Your girlfriend?” asked Jimin

“Aniyo hyung. She’s just my precious friend,”

“Only friend? Really? I don’t believe it. I can’t believe our maknae already has a girlfriend. Hyung, when will you get one?” teased Hoseok

“Ask that question for yourself,” blurted Jin

“We’re here,” said Yoongi

                Jungkook saw from his window. It wasn’t something that he imagined. It was not a dark alley with heavy and scary atmosphere. No crows, no scary people with scars on their face, or anything like he saw in the movie. Blame his imaginations for that. They were in Dongdaemun Underground Market.

***

                Jimin was checking out some new outfit while Jungkook ate some hotteok and tteokpokki.

“Maknae, how about this top? I’m sure girls will go crazy about me when I wear this on practice,”

“Hyung, you already have your own fangirls. Why bother thinking about clothes when the girls will always scream at you no matter what clothes you wear,” said Jungkook cold.

“You observe well, maknae. Aigoo, wait until it’s your turn,” Jimin patted his head and caressed his hair harshly.

“Ah hyung!” Jungkook pouted.

Boys, keep your eye if you see someone suspicious. We have finished the transaction. Now, catch the messenger,” said Yoongi when he called Jimin.

“How’s he looks like?” asked Jimin. Yoongi mentioned them the looks.

“Okay, hyung. We will call you again when we see him,”

“I think it’s him,” said Jungkook.

                Both of them approached the man.

“Can I ask something to you?” asked Jungkook carefully

                Sensing something fishy, he ranaway from Jimin and Jungkook. Both of them ran after him. Luckily, since they were soccer player, they could catch up with the messenger’s pace.

“I think he’s going to Seoul Plaza hyung,” called Jimin

We’re on our way there,” answered Yoongi

“Ya! Get back here!” yelled Jungkook as the messenger didn’t stop after crashing with some old woman and man. He finally stopped to catch his breath at Seoul Plaza.

“Oh, man I think I broke my record running from Dongdaemun to Seoul Plaza before,” said Jimin

“What did you guys want?” asked the messenger

“We only want to ask some question. You’re the one who running away,”

“You must be a cop right?”

                Jungkook rolled his eyes and showed his smirk.

“Why would police recruit us? We only want to know the things that you deliver,” asked Jimin.

“See, you must be a cop. Not many people know about this drug,” the messenger closed his mouth with his hand.

“It’s a drug then. Then, we have no other option except taking you to the police,”

                The messenger prepared to run but Jungkook hit his head and fell down. He fought back, leaving some bruises on his face.

“Oh, not my maknae’s face,” Jimin said and kick him until he didn’t move.

                Just in time, Namjoon and some police arrived to bring him.

“Good job, Jungkook and Jimin. We only have to interrogate him, now,” said Namjoon

“Oh no. Our maknae’s face is ruined. But you’re still cute,” Jimin hugged him tighter.

“We’ll treat you bruises before you go home. We will not make your girlfriend worried,” said Jin

“She’s not my girlfriend!” as Jungkook said that, Yein’s calling.

Jungkook-ah, it’s already 10 pm? When will you go home?” asked Yein softly

It’s good to hear her voice after today, thought Jungkook

“I’ll be home in a moment. You go sleep first,”

Your breath is heavy. Are you okay?,”

“I’m fine. I’m just tired,”

“Okay, take care,”

                Jungkook hang up his phone and sighed. He hated lying to Yein. But he didn’t want Yein know his other identity. He didn’t want her to worry over his other work. Yep, he was a recruited young cop, disguised as a high school student.