Rescue Part 2

The Inseparable Ones

Mark enforced himself to enter one of the café that was not burnt by him even though many people have forbid him to do so. That café was only 4 blocks away from the current fire location. While clicking his lighters—the one he get from Youngjae—he walked inside the building and saw two girls lying unconsciously.

 

FLASHBACK

Come on, we need to go!” exclaimed Myungeun to her friends, Kei and Yein. Both of them nodded and ran to the door. Unfortunately, all of the café visitor also have the same thought and ran towards the same door. They were in panic, yelling as dark smoke emerged from the kitchen.

“AH!” Kei stumbled upon something and fell down. Yein and Myungeun turned around to help her. But, crowd of people ran to get themselves out of the café. As they couldn’t see Kei fell, the crowd stepped onto Kei’s body. Yein pulled Kei’s hands and moved to opposite side to avoid people.

“Jin-ah!” shouted Yein. Myungeun could not hear Yein’s voice as many panic yell surrounded them. Both of them stuck between people, and the last thing she saw was Myungseun’s panic face to search her friends. The oxygen was getting thinner, leaving Kei and Yein unconscious.

FLASHBACK END

                Mark found them in front of the door. He was about to burn the café too but something popped into his head.

‘What a surprise,’ thought himself recognizing Yein’s familiar face.

                Mark handed out his cellphone and called his current favorite number. Jeon Jungkook.

“Hello, Jungkook-sshi. You have 2 hours left to meet me… Ah, you think I wouldn’t find your girlfriend? Should I send her picture to you then?... Remember, two hours left,” Mark hung up the phone and squatted in front of unconscious Kei and Yein.

“In two hours, let’s see. Will you guys be alive or burnt to hell with me?”

***

“Yeoboseyo? Mark? Hey! Mark! AARRRGGHHH!” he angrily shoved his phone to the sofa before sat down on it.

                His calmness was gone right after Mark called him few minutes ago. And he could feel his anger fulfilling his body after what he received from Mark.

***

“Hyung, can you reach Jungkook? I can’t call him since an hour ago,” asked Jimin

“Try his cellphone? Or his house?” replied Hoseok

“Both. And I couldn’t reach him at all. Where the hell is that boy?”

                Jimin has tried calling the youngest member many times, but the response was none. He was about to ask if Mark ever contacted him or not. But, they couldn’t reach him. Hoseok and police team still investigate around the burnt house, though the fire department still try to ease down the fire.

“Hyung, why did I feel this fire is a never ending situation? Every time we blow out the fire, suddenly another fire source appears. Feels like somebody is watching us to start another fire,” blurted Taehyung. He walked closer to Jimin and Hoseok.

                Hoseok lifted his head and shift his attention to the younger one.

“How could I didn’t think about it? You’re a genius, Taehyung-ah!”

“Yeah, Seokjin hyung told me so and told me to get it to you. He said we need to call Jungkook to ask him whether that Mark called him or not,”

“We tried many times. But it didn’t reach him,” explained Jimin.

“Please don’t tell me…,”

“HE’S COMING HERE?!!” shouted both Hoseok and Jimin.

***

‘Please stay alive, Yein-ah,’

‘I’m sorry for not protecting you,’

‘God, please protect her,’

‘Please, don’t let Mark touch her,’

‘I swear I could kill him,’

                Jungkook didn’t stop chanting his prayer during his way to the beach. Yes, he broke police rule by taking a step from his house punishment. He didn’t care though. There is nothing important than Yein’s safety now. His punishment can wait. He didn’t even want to think whether he will be sent to juvie center or maybe went behind bars for his life. Jung Yein has to be safe. It’s a Must.

                Because there is no one knew what Jungkook would do, if Yein was not at his side.

***

“My.. My.. My.. I wonder what would be your reaction when you realized your boyfriend failed to save you? Poor little girl. You have to die in my hands,” Mark stared at Yein’s face.

“Let’s start another fire,”

                Mark went out from the storage of the restaurant with his lighters.

***

“You still can’t reach him?” asked Seokjin in desperation

“No, hyung. I guess he really came here to find Mark by himself,” replied Yoongi. They just barely surpressed the fire and ordered the beach visitor to went home just in case there will be another fire.

And there is.

“HYUNG! There’s another fire source next to the dessert restaurant,” reported Jimin. He was out of breath from running in order to tell the older ones about the fire.

“Damn!” cursed Yoongi.

“Hyung, I suggest we should part in teams and start searching. I’m sure Mark won’t be far from that restaurant, if he really the culprit.” Suggested Jimin

“If I ever find him, I’ll make sure to kill him with my own hands after what he has done to our lives,”

***

                Jungkook has arrived at the beach. He rubbed his eyes as he saw a not-so-beautiful view in front him. The beach was previously beautiful. He was sure about that. He never went to this beach but he could imagine that inside his head. People walked around the beach and cafes, laughing or talking to each other in happy feel. Cool but not freezing wind touch the skin, competing with blazing warm sunlight. He could sense a sweet smell after snack stalls. He bet many people would stand in line only to taste the food.

                But now… It’s burned down. Flat to the ground.

                And he knew who the responsible one was.

                Jungkook walked to look for unburnt café, because he knew Yein will be there. There is still time. Then, he saw Seokjin and Yoongi stood beside FD tank discussing about something. He took a closer step and hid to avoid their encounter.

“You still can’t reach him?” he heard Seokjin said something in anger motion

“No, hyung. I guess he really came here to find Mark by himself,” This time he heard Yoongi talked in raged intonation.

Sorry hyung,’ he said to himself

                Then, he saw Jimin ran all the way from the other side. In short breath, he told the oldest brothers about new fire. Three of them flew to the spot.

“He must be there.”