Is it a date?

The Inseparable Ones

“Jung Yein, Ppali!” yelled Jungkook

“Jamkkamanyo! I can’t find my shoes,”

“Just use the usual one you used for school,” said Jungkook simply

“We’ll be going to Myeongdong and you told me to use those formal shoes? Never in my life. Oh, I find it. Kaja! Imonim, Harabeoji, we’ll be going!”

                Jungkook and Yein walked from their house to the bus stop.

“We’re going to Myeongdong. We’re going to Myeongdong,” sang Yein

“Yein-ah, did you eat a whole box of sugar this morning? What’s gotten into you today,”

“Don’t you find it exciting to go out? We haven’t been gone picnic for a while. Of course I’m hyped up,”

                Jungkook only laughed and nodded in agreement. “Oh, our bus is here,”

***

                They arrived at the hospital and came to see the doctor. Yein went to check her eyes, while Jungkook waited her at the doctor’s examination room.

“Ah, I see,” said the doctor after seeing Yein’s examination result. “There’s a tissue that block your cornea. One of your eyes has been bad due to accident, and it get worse with this. I think it’s because you were exhausted and not taking care of your eyes. Did you take your medication regularly?” asked the doctor.

“Is it bad?” asked Jungkook

“No. Not really. But I think you should get surgery to remove the tissue. Since it will get worse if you were tired,”

“Surgery?” asked Yein

“A minor one. Don’t worry too much. You can talk to your parents about that. For now, I’m going to prescribe you a drink to slower the tissue growth, okay?”

 

“Myeongdong, I’m coming!!” yelled Yein after stepping out from the hospital. She even threw the medicine into the air due to her excitement.

                Jungkook quickly catched the medicine before it hit the ground. After he secured it, Jungkook tossed the medicine to Yein’s head.

“It hurts!”

“Don’t throw away your medicine like that!”

“I don’t care. Ppali, it will darker soon,”

                Yein and Jungkook walked form the hospital to Myeongdong since it was not very distant. They exchanged some stories and laughed. Sometimes they would stop at snack shops or just took a selca in front of the neighborhood.

“What? Why I must go there?” asked Jungkook.

“I ran out of BB cream and lip gloss,”

“Then go on yourself. Why did you drag me?”

“I could use some of your advice to choose. Come on, it’s fun rather than you stay outside,”

                Jungkook gave up and followed Yein entered the beauty shop. He would nod or shook his head each time Yein show him something. The shop clerk also showed him some products which Jungkook refused.

“I think onnideul likes you,” whispered Yein.

“But I don’t like them. Hurry Yein-ah, seriously what is the deal by choosing a product,”

“There is. You should compare the quality, brand, benefits, and price. I’ll take this one, onni,”

‘Finally,’

                After finished shopping, Yein and Jungkook took a slow walk to enjoy the atmosphere of the shopping street.

 

“What should we have to eat, Kookie-ya?” asked Yein suddenly

“You just ate 2 kkeranppang, 2 hotteok, ppopki, and a bowl of tteokpokki, and you still hungry?”

“Not for me. But for you. You haven’t ate anything properly this afternoon,” said Yein. “What do you want?”

“Bibimba would be good,”

“Okaay!!”

***

“Here, one bibimbab with cheese, and one bokkeumbab with egg,” said the owner while delivering Jungkook and Yein’s order.

“Thank you imonim,” answered Yein.

“Manhi meoko. You guys are such a cute couple,”

                Jungkook only smiled when Yein’s face blushed from shyness. As they were about to eat, Jungkook stirred Yein’s bokkeumbab like it’s the usual thing he did to her.

“You never like to stir your food, but you should stir it to make it more delicious,”

“Thank you. But you know I don’t like my food becomes messy,”

“It’ll go to your stomach in the end. What’s the different if you stir it or not,” Yein blew her raspberry upon hearing Jungkook’s comment. That reason has always been Jungkook’s weapon to stop her from complaining. But, that’s also the reason why she likes him. He cares for her.

“Bon appetite,” said them in unison

“Kookie-yah, how long has it been since we take a walk together? Just the two of us,”

“Why would you ask that?”

“Well, I miss it. We used to do that even until we’re in middle school,”

                Jungkook put his spoon on the table and started looking at the ceiling. Yein can’t help but smiled. His habit when he’s thinking or remembering things was so cute.

“Let’s see,” Jungkook said. “I guess months ago. Before school’s incident occurred.”

“How about it we do it now?”

“What do you mean?” sang Jungkook jokingly. “We’re doing it now.”

“I mean after eating. We don’t have a proper talk because you’re too excited telling me about your school match,”

“If you want to talk, why not now?” asked Jungkook unaware the situation. Yein pouted and started to play with her food. “Arasseo. I’m just kidding.”

                Her smile went back to her face and giggled. “Eat a lot, Kookie-yah,”

***

                As he promised, Jungkook and Yein now walked in the pathway of Cheonggyecheon. Although there was no festival or event, the stream was always full of people. They came for many reasons, such as releasing stress after work, taking a deep breath after school, or just taking a walk with their acquintaces like Jungkook and Yein.

“No matter how many times I come here, the stream is always pretty,” admired Yein

                Yein turned her head and saw Jungkook in gloomy face. She wondered if her plan to take him out was fail because of it. Maybe it’s not her fault, but she felt obliged to make him lighten a bit.

“Jungkook-ah, do you hear me?”

“Eo? Sorry. What did you say?”

“Do you still think about Namjoon oppa?” Jungkook didn’t answer her.

                She pulled Jungkook’s arm and sat on the stone bench near the stream line.

“You can talk to me about him. I only knew the detail a bit from you or other oppas, but still…--,”

“He was a good brother, Yein-ah. You know since our parents died, I don’t know how the feeling to have a brother is. He’s the one to ask me to join the soccer club and Bangtan Boys. Yes, the other hyungs also treated me like their brother, but--,” his eyes started teary.

                Yein patted Jungkook’s shoulder and back. She guessed Namjoon is the closest hyung to Jungkook.

“Jungkook-ah, you always said this to me when I cry remembering my parents. ‘Don’t cry the dead, smile to the live. Live your day to the fullest, that’s how you pay respect for the dead.’ So, sad is human’s feel but don’t overthink about it. Namjoon oppa won’t be happy if you and other oppas still sad about him. He died as a hero, remember?”

                Jungkook smiled and nodded. “You’re right.” He kissed Yein’s forehead and got up to cleaned his pants.

 “Go home now?” asked Jungkook

                Yein bit her lower lip. She still has something to say, but she’s afraid it’s not the right time.

“Yein?”

                Yein pulled Jungkook’s shirt to reduce distant between them. Slowly, she captured Jungkook’s lips with her own and kissed him.

***

                She broke her kiss and stood in front of him.

“I know it’s not the right time. But I like you. Maybe even longer than you, and I hate it to see you sad. But really, I like you a lot Jungkook-ah,” she took her bag and walked away leaving Jungkook in confussion.

                Jungkook blinked a few times to reconnect what has happened.

‘Yein kissed me? She said she likes me?’

                He ran after her and hugged her from behind.

“I like you, too.  I like you a lot!” smiled Jungkook. Yein touched his arm and smiled too.

“I have a girlfriend now!” screamed Jungkook makin everyone in Cheonggye Plaza looked at them both.

“Ya! Who’s your girlfriend?” asked Yein

“You of course,”

“I only said I like you, I never said about girlfriend thing,”

“Eyy, don’t be shy,” said Jungkook. “I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND NOW!”

                Yein closed her face with her palm while Jungkook happily ran around her. She was embarrassed but happy too.

“Congratulations for you!” “It’s nice to be young,” “Take care of her!” said people around them.

***

                Jungkook held Yein’s hands when they walked home. Both of them can’t see each other properly without feeling shy or embarrassedly laugh. But they knew for sure that both of them were feeling happy and grateful.

“Eo? Police?” asked Yein. She pointed a police car in front of their house.

                They ran to know what happened. Yein’s grandfather and aunt were standing in worry.

“What’s happening harabeoji?” inquired Yein.

“Are you Jeon Jungkook?” asked one of the police

“Yes, that’s me,”

“Unfortunately, you have to come with us to the police station,”

“What did he do?” asked Yein

“For hitting a person. Inside the jail,”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES! It's a double update!!

Who's happy? Me actually. Hahaha

Oh, for some readers who maybe Namjoon oppa's fans. I'm sorry but I need someone who has strong figures for Jungkook.

And I suppose it can't be Jimin *mianhae Jimin-ah!*

So, that's why I chose RapMon. Sorry but not sorry hehe.

Anyway enjoy the chapter and don't forget to leave a comment.

Comments from you really made my day !!

P.S have you seen BTS' new MV?