Threat

The Inseparable Ones

Jungkook entered her ward while she was still sleeping peacefully. Looking from her posture, she looked like an average girl who asleep in her own bedroom. Jungkook sat beside her bed and held her hand softly.

“I’m sorry Yein-ah,” as he cried lowly

“Jungkook-ah…,” replied Yein softly. She turned her head slowly facing Jungkook. “Why is it so dark? Can you please turn on the lights?” He squeezed her hands, unable to tell her condition to her.

“Your eyes… I’m afraid you cannot see, Yein-ah,”

“What do you mean? What do you mean I can’t see? Yes, I have a problem with my eyesight but that doesn’t mean I’m blind, Jungkook-ah,” Yein started to speak hysterically.

“It’s temporary, Yein-ah. I’m sure you’ll be able to see again in no time,”

“NO! NO! NO! IT CAN’T BE! JUNGKOOK-AH I CAN’T SEE!!” She cried hysterically while punching her arms to her bed. Jungkook hold her and pulled her to his embrace. Trying to make her calm.

“Ssshhh, calm down Yein-ah! Calm down. It’s only temporary, It’s just a side effect from the painkillers that you take,”

                Unfortunately, Yein didn’t hear Jungkook’s words and sobbing hard. And he had no other choice other than patting her back.

***

                Jungkook went home to pack some Yein’s things at home. Her grandfather and her aunt will be arrived at hospital from Busan soon. He went to her room and moved directly through her wardrobe. Just when he about to open the door, he hesitated.

“Wait, Can I open her wardrobe?”

‘Remember Jungkooak-ah, though we live in the same house you cannot just go through my things carelessly okay?’

‘Like I want to,’

‘Who knows. I forbid you to open or touch anything in my room without my consent. Okay?’

‘Yes, madam.’

                He remembered Yein’s rule not to touch her things. He is that type of boy who will follow any rules that he knew so he decided to bring only her toiletries. The rest, he’ll leave it up to her aunt later.

                Suddenly he stepped onto something on the floor when he walked near her bed. He took it and looked at it intensely. It’s a transparent plastic bag with a small amount of white powder and few pills of tablets.

“What is this? I thought Yein has no medication these days,” A memory appeared inside his head as he remembered the doctor have said anything about painkiller that made Yein unconscious. “Is this that painkillers?”

***

The news was spreading as fast as the wind blows at Seoul High School. This unfortunate event that happened to Yein causing so much anxiety and questions among the students. What is exactly happen in this prestige school? Will it happen again? They show their feelings through SNS group in the internet.

                Youngjae ran from the bus stop to Mark and Jackson’s apartment in Gangnam. He knocked the door furiously until Jackson opened the door.

“What is it my bro? What makes you come at this hour?” asked Mark calmly.

“What did you give to me at that time, hyung?” asked Youngjae directly, ignoring Mark’s question.

“What did I give you? Our business thing of course. What else?”

                Youngjae could feel her knees weakened as he heard Mark’s answer. He was the one who gave Yein those painkillers. Yes, that time when they had a brief date, saying it’s only a painkiller that he usually took.

“Youngjae-ya? Are you okay?” asked Jackson

“I’m the one who made her collapse. It’s me,” mumbled Youngjae

“Ah, you finally give it to her?” asked Jackson

“Eh?”

“You gave those to her? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,” Mark laughed wholeheartedly. “You gave those pills to the girl you avoid most to have transaction? What a coincidence,” Youngjae grabbed Mark’s collar and pushed him against the wall.

“You planned it hyung?”

“Me? Planned it? Why should I? I don’t choose my operation target specifically. As long as the community is prestige or have an influence to their surroundings, I don’t care,”

 “Because of you, Yein was hospitalized now! You know I agree to help you because you guys are the only relatives that I have. But don’t touch her!”

                Youngjae gritted his teeth and ready to punch him.

“Please,” Mark allowed his younger one to punch his face. “You think this me or Jackson’s fault? Though I was the one who give you those pills, It was YOU who give it to her. YOU are the one that make her unconscious. Not me or Jackson,”

“I’m warning you hyung. Don’t touch her again,” Then, he went away leaving Jackson and Mark in confusion.

“Will he be okay?” asked Jackson

“He will. A girl won’t make him weak. At least, I hope,”

***

                Grandfather Jung and his daughter were talking to Yein when Jungkook returned from their house.

“Aigoo, uri Kookie is here~,” said Grandpa Jung

“I’m sorry I’m late. I took some of her things first. And don’t worry I don’t touch anything in your room, Yein-ah,” he quickly added some comments when he saw a glimpse of change in her expression. “I only brought your toothbrush, your facial foam, soap, scrub, face towels, and anything your wash basin.”

“Thank you, Jungkook-ah. I think I’m going to wash my face first,” She got up from her bed with help from her aunt and went to the bathroom. Jungkook and Grandfather Jung were in awkward moment as the older one started to talk.

“Is it true that she mistook taking a pill?”

“Eh?”

“The doctor said so,”

“Ah, yes. I think she wanted to take a pain reliever but she took a different one,”

“My poor granddaughter. I hope her blindness was only temporary,”

“I hope so, harabeoji,” he bit his lips before saying another words. “I’m sorry I didn’t protect her from that,”

“Nah, it’s beyond your power when she decided to take a medicine. Don’t blame yourself. Other than her eyesight, you have to be grateful that she’s okay,”

                Jungkook nodded in agreement.

KNOCK KNOCK

It was Youngjae who wait in front of her ward. When Jungkook opened the door, he was surprised to see him but decided not to do anything because Grandfather Jung was there.

“Are you Yein’s friend?” asked Grandpa Jung

“Ah yes, I’m her senior in radio club at school, sir,”

“Don’t be so formal. You can call me Jung Harabeoji since I’m Jungkook’s and Yein’s grandfather,”

“Actually I only want to visit Yein. But I guess I came at the wrong time,”

“no, no, no. She’s in the bathroom. You can see her when she’s done,”

                Grandfather Jung, Aunt Jung, and Jungkook (with a heavy heart) leaving Yein and Youngjae to talk alone.

“Well, I’m sorry for your unfortunate events. I guess you’re okay,” said Youngjae

“Yes sunbae. Other than my eyes, I am fine,”

“Your eyes? What’s happening to your eyes?”

“I can’t see anymore,”

                When he heard her answer, he felt his knees weakened as he cannot maintain his steady position.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES! I'm finally back

These past three months were so crazy until I couldn't catch up to write any updates. I'm sorry I shouldn't do this to you guys.

Thank you for staying with this story. I'm trying to do another update maybe in a week. So see you again.

Don't forget to subscribe, vote, and comment. Love you!!

 

N.B Have you heard BTS' new song? It was so great!!

Too bad Lovelyz and BTS didn't have same promotion time. I really want to see their interaction, mostly our favorite Yein-Jungkook's interaction.

Maybe in the future.

Haha

Jung-In for you!

*the gifs are not mine*