Investigation Continued

The Inseparable Ones

The game was stopped due to unexpected event and Yugyeom was brought to the hospital. Everyone was shocked because of the incident. Both of the parties agreed that the game would be halt for the time being. There were lots of commotion from students and teachers. The headmaster decided to close any access as the media suddenly came and asked for explanation.

“Jungkook-ah!” called Yein. Jungkook was sitting in the school cafeteria with Jimin and Taehyung.

“Yein-ah,” Jungkook waved at her.

“Annyeonghaseyeo,” Yein greeted both Jimin and Taehyung.

“Aigoo, are you our maknae’s friend? So cute! You guys are so look alike,” blurted Taehyung

“Hyung, just get away from her,” said Jungkook

“Aigoo, maknae~~ We only want to see her. Is it a problem? What’s you name again?” asked Jimin

“Yein. Jeong Yein imnida,” answered Yein

“Woooaaaa, she even has same surname as you!” said Taehyung

“HYUNG!!” Jungkook finally lost his tempered and made the older ones startled.

“Wah, easy maknae-ya. Just joking. Anyway, you’re so pretty Yein-ah,” smiled Jimin

“Kamsahamnida,”

“Just.. don’t forget about tonight,” said Jimin again. Both Jimin and Taehyung left Jungkook after hugging the youngest tightly.

                Yein laughed when Jungkook only sighed after the older ones went away.

“They are so funny,” said Yein

“Funny? They are annoying. You have to know that each time I meet them, they will hug me tightly like I’m a baby,” protested Jungkook

“It means they like you,”

“Maybe,” said Jungkook. “Oh, what’s the matter?”

“Are you okay? You seem so shocked when Yuygeom passed out earlier. Is he okay?”

                Jungkook suddenly pulled Yein into his embrace and hugged her.

“It’s scary seeing your friend suddenly collapse like that. It’s like I’m seeing omma collapse when she hugged me back then,” Jungkook buried his head to her shoulder. She patted slowly his back. She could understand how he felt, since she experienced that too.

“I’m sure it’s going to be okay. I guess Yugyeom only exhausted from his schedule,” said Yein slowly. Jungkook hugged her tighter. He knew why Yugyeom fainted. It was that dangerous drug.

“Oh, I’m having late practice again tonight. Is it okay if you went home alone? Your eyesight was bad when it’s dark, wasn’t it?” concerned Jungkook.

“It’s okay. I also have to prepare for my radio show tomorrow. I’m trying not to go home late,”

“Good. Because if you are late, Harabeoji will kill me,”

                Both of them laughed and continued to chat alone.

***

“Hyung, I’m warning you. I respect you so much, I also love you so much. Please, restrain yourself from teasing Yein,” pleaded Jungkook when the seven of them gathered.

                Seokjin only laughed seeing Jimin and Taehyung were scolded by their maknae.

“Our Jungkook is shy when it comes to Yein. You like her, right?” teased Hoseok

“Aniyo, hyung. She’s like my sister. You know, that protective feeling towards your sister,”

“Eei, maldo andwae. If it’s like this, then can I ask her for a date?” said Taehyung

“You’re a dead meat, hyung,” threatened Jungkook

                Right now, Bangtan Boys—their official name from Police Department—were gathering to discuss about Yugyeom’s case. The principal handed them the health report and suspected that Yugyeom was under drugs influence when he played.

“Enough guys, my uncle has handed the report to me,” said Seokjin

“Seriously hyung, are your family were destined to be headmaster of every school?” said Jimin

“Haha,” mocked Seokjin. “It was said here that Yugyeom was OD’d at that time. Glad he was still alive.”

“Are you sure it was that drug?” asked Yoongi

“Pretty much. I had the sample to be examined in the lab and it’s match with the one we confiscated from the messenger,” said Seokjin.

“Yugyeom was a nice boy and diligent too. He has potential in soccer. It’s impossible for him to take any drugs,” said Namjoon.

“Maybe he’s stressed over something. I heard he had a small fight with you, Kookie-ya~~,” said Jimin

                Jungkook nodded. He remembered he had a small debate with him. Not only once, but three times. Yugyeom was a hardworking person, Jungkook thought that maybe he was sort of jealous when the coach pointed him as a striker other than him.

“We HAVE to maximize our guard now. This school is probably not that clean anymore. Oh My God, I can’t believe it,” stressed Yoongi.

“Easy hyung, we can handle it,” Said Jungkook.

***

Youngjae, Chanhyuk, Sujeong, and Yein were in a meeting to decide what topic should they deliver for the next day. Today’s event was a big shock for everyone including them.

“Sunbae, some of them wants us to talk about Yugyeom’s incident today. Is that okay? How could they say like that?” asked Sujeong.

“Well, we could actually. We are past of Journalist division beside school magazine. I guess we could collaborate with them for the news,” said Youngjae

                Everyone nodded in agreement. Something was still in Yein’s mind though, why Yugyeom fainted? He looked fine this morning. He still could teach her about math earlier.

“Some said he’s OD’d,” said Chanhyuk in lower tone

“OD’d? Was that mean, Yugyeom was consuming drugs? I can’t believe it,” said Yein. “We can’t deliver that news. It’s still a gossip, right?”

“Yep, I agree to Yein. We can’t deliver that one since headmaster hasn’t confirmed it. Maybe we just deliver about the soccer match then speculation about why Yugyeom was fainted? We ask for their opinions, not delivering gossip,” said Youngjae.

                Then, they worked again to prepare some feeds and data for tomorrow show. Sujeong had to go early because she has a violin class, while Chanhyuk already left because he has to fetch up his sister. There left Youngjae and Yein alone.

“It’s already 6,” said Youngjae

“REALLY? OMO~ Sunbae I’m sorry I have to go home. I promised to my family to go home early,” said Yein. She packed all her stuff to her bag and looked for her walking stick. “Where is that stick?”

“Why?”

“I can’t find my stick. Aish, I can’t go home without the stick,” said Yein

“Eh really? Let me help you,” Unfortunately, they still couldn’t find it.

“How will I go home now? Jungkook still in his practice,” she said in worry

“I’ll walk you home then,”

“Eh?”

“Come on, let me finish my stuff then we could go home together,”

***

“Gomawoyo, sunbae. For walking me home,”

“Nah, don’t worry about it. My house actually is not far away from your house direction,”

                They talked a lot when they walk. About her blindness, his hobbies, her school, and many things more.

“Do you have any boyfriend?” said Youngjae frankly

“No, ever since I remember I never have a boyfriend,”

“Really? Why?”

“Because I don’t need a boyfriend if his duty is only to walk me home, treat me food, inviting me to watch a movie, or any other things. I can do it with everyone,”

                There was a heavy silent between them. Youngjae thought a lot about Yein’s words. Did he have a chance to be it then? Or not? He kept thinking about it until he didn’t realize, they already arrived.

“We’re arrived sunbae. My house is in this neighborhood,”

“Eh. Let me accompany you until you arrived at your house,”

“No need sunbae. I could see my house. Thank you for today. See you tomorrow,” Yein greeted him with a bow. But, Youngjae took her wrist and hold her.

“Yein-ah…. Do-do you have free time on Sunday?”

“Why?”

“Would-would you go out with me?” finally Youngjae gathered his courage to say that

“Ye?” asked Yein in shock

“I mean not a date. Just having lunch together. But if you have something, it’s okay,”

                Yein took out her agenda and checked them. No important agenda at that time.

“No, actually I’m free. So, okay sunbae,”

Woa, she’s truly so easy going,’ thought Youngjae

“Thank goodness. Let’s meet at Hongdae?”

“Okay, see you,” Yein walked carefully to go to her house.

                Youngjae decided to also went home. He couldn’t help but smiling until he arrived at the bus stop. He took out something from his backpack.

“Mianhae, Yein-ah. I promise I’ll give it back to you tomorrow,” Youngjae put the folded stick again to his backpack and enter the bus.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yein will have a date.. UUUUUU. What could be Jungkook's response if he hear that? See you again in the next chapter

Love you!