Rescue Part 3

The Inseparable Ones

Yein opened her eyes and realized her surroundings. Her head was still dizzy. She couldn’t remember well what happened before she went out. The only thing she could catch up was she and her friends was sitting in café, enjoyed their dessert, until everybody turned into panic mode and started to push everything to get out from the restaurant.

Then she recognized Kei was lying unconscious next to her.

 “Kei-ya! Kei! Wake up!” Yein tried to wake her friends up.

“Oh, Yein-ah? Where are we?”

“I don’t know, but we need to get out from this place. I’m afraid fire will catch up this place too,”

Kei and Yein got up from their place and ran to the closest door. But it’s locked.

“We can get out from the window,” suggested Kei. Yein nodded in agreement.

                Kei could easily jump out from small window in the kitchen. Right when Yein want to jump, suddenly her vision blurred and couldn’t see Kei clearly.

“Kei-ya! Are you still there?”

“Yes! Come on! Hurry! I saw many burnt houses near us,” replied Kei

“I can’t see you!”

“What? Did your blindness come up again?”

“Ottohke, Kei-ya?” cried Yein

“Wait here! I’m going to call help. Wait here! Hide if you heard something barge to the kitchen okay? Stay safe! I’ll be back fast!”

                Yein had no other choice but nod to Kei’s suggestion. Why this eye problem came again? Cursed Yein in her head. The kitchen lights which lightened dimly only made her vision get worse. She couldn’t even identify the interior of the kitchen. She walked with her hands touching the wall as a guide. She touched something. Sensing something was not right, she released her hand from the wall before something grabs her wrist.

“You can’t run from me, dear,”

                Mark knocked Yein out by putting a stand gun onto her shoulder. He catch her body and caressed her bangs slowly.

“Seems like your friend could get away. Well, I hope he met Jungkook so I don’t have to find him at least,”

***

                Kei ran with all her might to the police group.

“Sir,…”

“Yes, can we help you?”

“Please help me. My friend…,”

“Jiyeon-ah!”

“Myungeun-ah! You okay?”

“Where’s Yein?”

“Ah right! Sir, please my friend was still trapped inside a building. I think we were unconscious inside a restaurant kitchen. Please save her, she couldn’t come with me because she’s too weak,”

“Yein.. Jung Yein?” asked Seokjin

“Ne,”

“Let’s go. Probably Mark was there too. Get ready the terror squad and the bomb squad,”

***

“Can you reach Jungkook?” inquired Yoongi

“No, hyung. His phone was still unreachable,” replied Hoseok

“Issh, that boy. I’m sure he’s coming here,”

                They just finished extinguished fire from a restaurant. Unfortunately, they couldn’t find any single trace from Mark. Not even a clue to locate his position. Yoongi had to admit, that ill-mental people really could do anything beyond their imagination.  

“Hyung! I spot Jungkook around here!” reported Jimin

“What? Where?”

“He went to the dessert restaurant,”

“Oh, one of Yein’s friends said they were trapped there. Seokjin hyung’s team also approach the restaurant,” said Taehyung

“Then, what did we wait? Let’s go!!”

***

                Jungkook entered the restaurant that was mentioned by Kei just before. The only restaurant that is still ‘alive’ within many burnt restaurants.

“This has to be the place,” guessed Jungkook

                That place was silent. An uncomfortable silence. He could see chairs and tables are not in default position. Left by panic visitors. From the front door, an image of people queue to order some ice cream or another food popped in his head, if only it still work well.

Slowly he could hear weird sounds from kitchen.

                The sound of someone’s laughing.

And a machine engine.

                Jungkook hurrily opened the kitchen door and his guess was right. A waffle-maker machine was working. He touched the pan, it was still warm. Feels like someone was just turn the machine on a while ago. He checked his surroundings before he recognize a familiar figure.

Yein.

                He ran to her side but was stopped by a voice of a lighter.

“Stop right there, or I’ll burn this place,” threatened Mark

“You son of a--,”

“Wow, wow, wow. You actually can curse, Jungkook-ah,”

“What do you want?” angered Jungkook

“Simple. Your misfortune. You made me lose my brother, my twin, my fortunes. All of them,”

“You’re the one to start that dirty business!”

“And no one will ever know about it, if your Bangtan Boys did not investigate it,”

                Jungkook already reached his limit of patience. Is he some kind of stupid or something? Or just stressed over something? Ah, those grief stages.

“Then blame your brother for that!” He kicked some cutlery to Mark and hit his forehead. Mark’s whining gave him chance to walk closer to Yein. But, Mark pointed his gun, towards him.

“I said, don’t you dare come any closer!” yelled Mark

                Jungkook has no more ideas how to divert his attention to save Yein. Especially when that gun pointed at him.

“Police are around here, Mark-sshi. Don’t do something stupid that could harm your own,” Jungkook tried to be polite to calm Mark’s nerves.

“I don’t care with police. I only want you to be miserable by killing this girl,”

                That’s it. He lost his patience when he mentioned Yei. He ran forward to Mark and took out the gun from him. When he crawled trying to get his gun again, Jungkook stepped the gun and kicked it away from Mark. He locked Mark’s arms to his back but Mark could retaliate himself and punched him in the mouth.

                Jungkook didn’t let him go easily as he threw some taekwondo punches to his stomach and made Mark fell next to Yein’s unconscious body.

“Jungkook?” asked Yein in soft voice

“Yein-ah!”

                Seeing a chance, Mark didn’t let it go to pulled Yein and pointed a folded knife to her neck.

“Don’t!” Panted Jungkook. Just how in the world he brought every kinds of weapon on his body. He actually could kick him in the face with the distance, but it would harm Yein.

“Beg for me!”

“What?”

“Kneel before me!”

“Don’t do that, Jungkook-ah! I won’t allow you! Who are you anyway? You’re the one who knock me down, aren’t you?”

“Shut up, you *****!” complained Mark as he slapped her face. “You weak girl, cannot do anything to save your own man. Let he be in hell,”

                Mark’s laugh made her felt disgusting over him. You think, Yein is a weak girl?

                You’re wrong.

                As her vision’s getting clearer, she kicked Mark at his calf bone and bit his hand to make him release her. She then ran to Jungkook’s side. He hurriedly embraced Yein with relieved.

“Are you okay?” asked Jungkook

“Yes, I’m fine,”

                Mark got up in pain and gritted his teeth.

“You’re sick, Mark. Stop it. Don’t make violence anymore. Come on, you still could see Youngjae sunbae and your brother in jail if you surrender. Come on,”

“You think I would accept your childish advices? Never! I’d rather die!”

“Mark!” before Jungkook could stop him, Mark already threw his lighters to the waffle-maker and threw his knife towards Jungkook.

“Jungkook-ah!” Yein took out a ceramic pot near her and threw it to Mark. Fortunately, it’s enough to knock him down. But, the fire is getting bigger.

“I’m okay. Come on. We need to get out from this place before it burnt everything,”

****

“THERE!!” pointed Taehyung

                All Bangtan Boys, Polices, and Fire Department ran to the newly-burnt restaurant.

“GET READY ON YOUR POSITION!” ordered Seokjin to every single member of the team. Police team divided themselves to secure the place so that no one could enter or get close to the restaurant. Since the fire really attracted people to record it despite they were scared of getting burnt. Fire Department worked hard to ease down the fire.

*EXPLOSION SOUNDS*

                A pretty big explosion occurred at the restaurant back house. It worried the Fire Department officers to barge the restaurant. Worry of possibly another explosion.

“Hyung, I guess the fire source came from the kitchen. We should take care of it first, then, we try to enter the restaurant to find victims,” suggested Hoseok.

“Okay, lead the team to ease the fire. Yoongi-ya, you and Jimin go inside the building with the FD!”

“I hope you’re not inside, Kookie-yah. And if you do, please be safe and stay alive,” whispered Seokjin to the sky.

***

“Yein-ah, you okay?” asked Jungkook

                Yein nodded lightly as her vision getting blurred again. Why this vision must is getting worse and worse? She thought to herself.

“Can you walk? We need to find the door,” Jungkook looked around him but the nearest door was blocked by the refrigerator.

“Don’t worry about me,”

                Suddenly a wood beam fell down upon them making Yein terrified. Her body was trembling and her eyes dilated. She couldn’t feel her body moving.

“Yein-ah? Jung Yein? Are you okay?”

“The fire--,”

“Sssshhhhhh, I’m here. I’m here,” Jungkook embraced Yein tighter as her body didn’t stop trembling. Did she react like this due to trauma when they were still kids?

                As the smokes getting thicker, he also couldn’t breathe well but Yein couldn’t move at all. She sobbed really hard, and her hands clutched onto Jungkook’s jacket tightly.

“Yein-ah… Look at me, baby. Look at me,” Jungkook forced her to look at him in the eyes. “You’ll be fine dear. I’m here. The fire won’t take me. The fire won’t take us, just like it took our parents. No, I won’t let you. So please get your sense up. I’m here. Please, look at me sweetheart.”

                Jungkook kissed her head softly, caressing her hair, kissed her cheek to make her calm. Though he said that very confidently, he was also not sure. He just hopes his hyungs would come faster and notice their dongsaeng still trapped here.

“Promise me….,” stuttered Yein.

“Yes, dear?”

“Promise me you won’t leave me,”

“I promise. With all my heart,” He crossed his fingers and put it near Yein’s heart. Weak smile appeared on Yein’s face before her vision gets blurred again.

“The fire, Kookie-ya… I’m scared,” She pulled Jungkook’s jacket tightly.

“I’m here, baby,”

                Jungkook was about to carry Yein, looking for an emergency door when a window was broken by force.

“Is anybody there?” shouted Seokjin—at least Jungkook could recognize his motherly voice.

“I’m here hyung!” replied Jungkook with all his heart.

                The fire department officers worked efficiently to destroy doors, windows, even walls to make a spot for evacuation. As the FDs tried to extinguish fire, police entered to save Jungkook, Yein, and unconscious Mark.

***

“I’m okay hyung. Just bring Yein to hospital please,” pleaded Jungkook when the ambulance came to evacuate them to the nearest hospital. Yein was already sent to hospital, with Mark as well. He will receive treatment and finished his punishment with additional charges, of course.

“No, you come along too,” insisted Yoongi

“But--,”

“JEON JUNGKOOK!” yelled Seokjin in high-pitched voice. “Will you please cooperate with us this time? I already lost one of my dongsaeng, and I CLEARLY DON”T WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER ONE! Am I clear?”

                Jungkook stomped at Seokjin’s anger. The oldest hyung of Bangtan Boys would never use a high-pitched tone when he talks to anybody, even when he’s angry. And today, Jungkook successfully make Seokjin to yell at him. Even all Bangtan Boys member were shocked upon Seokjin’s yell.

“I’m sorry, hyung….,”

“Hop on to the ambulance,” ordered Yoongi

“Somebody calls me?” asked Hoseok—who has been calling himself J-Hope lately.

                Everybody included Jungkook rolled their eyes responding to Hoseok’s joke. Even Jimin and Taehyung hit his head lightly with gun cover.

“What did I do wrong?”

                Jungkook laughed at his hyung’s silliness. Although there’s many damages, uncountable loss, at least everything will go back to its place. He could imagine his peaceful days again. When he played with his hyungs, doing soccer again, and having a proper date with Yein. He just couldn’t wait for it.

“FINALLY,” yelped Jungkook. “Normal days again.”

Or at least he hoped that.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALWAYS SUPPORTING THE STORY!!

I know I can't satisfy you in every ways, but I hope you really like this story.

I'm sorry for not updating it regularly as school assignments, internship stuffs really make me busy. Anyway, enjoy the last chapter!

I love you my sunscribers!