Getting Better

The Inseparable Ones

“I’m sorry, but no,” said the doctor heavily. “Unfortunately, we could not save him,”

                Even though Yein didn’t really knew who Namjoon is, but she was quite sure that he was an important person for Jungkook and his seniors. Judging from their painful expression, she could feel the pain too. Beside her, Jungkook fell down to the floor after hearing the news.

“Namjoon hyung..,” whispered Jungkook

“Thank you doctor for your hard work,” said Jin politely. He couldn’t hide his sadness, but as the oldest he has to be stronger than his dongsaeng.

“Namjoon hyung. It’s impossible.. He’s very strong.. Doctor must be lying. I have to see our hyung,” denied Taehyung.

                Jimin hold Taehyung from running to surgery room.

“Let go of me, Jimin-ah. We need to see Namjoon hyung,” said Taehyung.

“Stop it, Taehyung-ah. Our Namjoon hyung is gone. We’ll never see him again… forever,” cried Jimin.

                Yoongi told everyone to just went home and come back tomorrow morning. Everyone followed his request and gone. Yein realized that Jungkook hasn’t talked a word after Namjoon’s death. She really wanted to make him at ease, but she didn’t want to. At least, that what Jungkook said when she said.

 

“Yein-ah, if you want to cry just cry. Sometimes letting it go is the best way to make you at ease,” adviced Jungkookwhen Yein’s cat dead.

 

“Yein-ah,” called Yoongi

“Ne, sunbae,”

“Just call me Yoongi oppa. Sunbae is so formal,” joked Yoongi

“Ah, ne. What is it Yoongi oppa?”

“Please, take care of Jungkook. I’m sure he was very shock because he was so close to Namjoon,”

“Don’t worry, oppa. I will,”

“Yein-ah, kaja*” asked Jungkook. Yein nodded and ran beside him.

***

                They took a bus to go home. Jungkook didn’t say a word in the bus. He just staring blankly to the window and kept silent.

“Kookie-ya,” called Yein. But Jungkook didn’t hear her voice. “Kookie-ya. Jungkook-ah, Jeon Jungkook!” called Yein louder.

“Eh! Yes, what is it Yein-ah?” Jungkook startled at her voice. Fortunately, it was the last bus so the passengers weren’t so many to be bothered by his screech.

“Are you okay? You were so quiet since we’re in the hospital,” said Yein. Jungkook didn’t answer quickly, he just looked down. “You know you could tell everything to me.”

Still no response from him.

“I’m sorry, Kookie-ya. Although I don’t really know him, I’m sorry to hear Namjoon oppa… Namjoon oppa’s.. death. Although I don’t know how he passed away, I think he would be sad if you and the other oppa are sad.”

                Silence happened between them. Yein came closer to see Jungkook’s face and she could see his tears flowing through his cheeks.

“Jungkook-ah,” Yein pulled Jungkook into hug and comforted him. “It’s okay, Jungkook-ah.”

“Yein-ah… Namjoon hyung.. Namjoon hyung..,” Yein caressed his back while he cried.

“Just let it out. I’m here to listen to you,”

***

                Namjoon’s family chose to do a cremation for him instead of burying him in the cold ground. Every single friends of Namjoon came to give him the last tribute. Even his teachers from elementary to his college also came. Seokjin dan the Bangtan Boys also arrived and gave their last speech about Namjoon. Although Jungkook refused to talk in commotion.

“Namjoon-ah, thank you for being such a good leader for us. I will miss your witty character, you too-much-strength that always break Suga’s things, your yelling when we didn’t want to hear your instruction, even…. Your cheer when we have a soccer match. I was hoping that this morning you would give me a morning call as usual, but I guess I have to wake up on my own now. Thank you for being a cute and kind dongsaeng to me. I’m sorry for not being able to protect you. I love you, may you rest in peace,” Jin closed their speech with holding his tears.

                Namjoon’s mother can’t hold back her tears when she saw her son’s body being burned in the fire. Everybody lowered their head to pay respect for him. Yein who came with Jungkook also felt her eyes wet. She turned her gaze to Jungkook who stand beside her. His head was held high with no expression written on his face.

“Namjoon oppa must be a very important person for him, then,” mumbled Yein

***

“Yein-ah, go home without me,” said Jungkook

“EH why?”

“I have something to do. Don’t worry, I’ll see you at lunch,” said JUngkook while running

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook!” But too late, Jungkook already ran away. She sighed and turned around, decided to go home alone.

                She collided with Jimin who was gathered with other Bangtan Boys.

“Ow, if it’s not our favorite dongsaeng, Jung Yein!” greeted Jimin. “How are you dear?”

“I’m good, oppa. I’m sorry for your loss,”

“Thank you Yein-ah. No one wants this event happened,” said Jimin again. “Anyway, why are you alone? Where is Jungkook?” asked Hoseok.

“He said he has something’s up. So, he told me to go home by myself,”

“Eh? So weird. You two lovebirds were never inseparable. Jungkook wouldn’t let you go alone anywhere, would he?”

“Maybe it’s urgent. But, I tell you oppa, we are not lovebirds okay?”

“Yay a yay a.. Suit yourself. Anyway go home safely,” said Yoongi

“I will!”

***

“I’m home!” said Jungkook

“Welcome back! Come on, imo made us some stew,” Yein pulled Jungkook’s arm to the dining room. “Aw!” and she hit the buffet table because of her excitement.

“Ya! Can’t you be more careful?” Jungkook stopped Yein to chech her knee. “Gwaenchana?”

“I’m okay. It’s just my eyesight went worse these days,”

“Have you checked to the doctor?”

“Don’t worry, Maybe I’m just tired,”

“Jung Yein…,”

“Ppali, the food will get cold if you are not hurry,”

 

“I’m so full,” said Yein and joined her grandpa and Jungkook in the living room.

“Of course. You eat twice of my portion,” joked Jungkook.

“Hey, you asked for another bowl after I finished my food,”

                Jungkook and Yein were bickering in front of her grandfather as it was the usual thing they did.

“Enough, kids,”

“What are talking about anyway? You seemed so excited with all the laugh and screech,”

“Man’s talk. Woman like you cannot join the conversation,” giggled Jungkook.

                Yein pouted and threw the pillow arm to him. “I hate you.”

“I love you, too,” laughed Jungkook and made Yein blushed but chose to keep it, since she was still ‘angry’.

“Fine. I don’t want to hear it anyway,”

“Aigoo, my granddaughter was jealous. We just talked about everything dear. Nothing serious,”

                Yein smiled and lean onto Grandpa’s arm. “Harabeoji, I think it’s time for you to take your liquid,”

“Just because I was faint once, you made the entire ruckus. I’m still healthy you know,” he showed some his muscles in a cute way. “Fine, I’ll take my medicine first and get some rest. You two continue the talk,” Grandpa Jung got up from the seat.

                After grandfather Jung left, Jungkook sat closer to Yein.

“You said your eyesight went worse,”

“That topic again. I’m fine Jungkook-ah,”

“Yein-ah,”

“Fine. I’ll go visiting the doctor tomorrow. Happy?”

“Very happy. I’ll go with you tomorrow,”

“Really? You will? What’s gotten into you today?”

“Do you want it or not?”

“Call! You will accompany me to the doctor and some walk at Myeongdong. You said that, and you can’t take it again,”

“Hey, I never said anything about Myeongdong,”

“I don’t care,” Yein made a face and pinched Jungkook cheek before ran to her room.

“JUNG YEIN!!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG EVERYBODY!

How's your day? I hope it's getting better and better.

Still, first I'm sorry for not updating so long. The semester finals are coming up and deadlines everywhere.

Studios, Presentations, Drawings, Student Body things, hufftt

So,I can't help but postponing to update. I'm really sorry my sunscribers!

*deep bow*

So, I decided to give you a surprise!

What is it? See you at the next chapter!