Punishment

The Inseparable Ones

“Because Jungkook is still underage, I suppose we can’t put him in jail, can I?” joked Police Counselor

“Eh?” asked Grandpa Jung and Aunt Jung in unison

“I’m just kidding, sir, ma’am. The atmosphere is too tense, that’s why I let out some jokes. I guess I failed,” laughed her

                In Yein’s eyes, the police counselor was very pretty and smart. She is a young woman in her late 20s, that’s why she’s kind of childish and easy-going.

“Back to business again, I have a recommendation from my boss that perhaps we could sentence him with house arrest. I apologize that he also can’t go to school or do any activities outside the house. We will also put some alarm if this boy tries to escape the house,” winked the police counselor.

                Seeing her, Yein changes her perspective about her from childish police to flirting police.

“You will be a good boy, right? If you could maintain your good behavior for 2 months, I could discharge you and remove all of the alarm. Then, you could do your activities again,”

                Jungkook nodded his head lazily. He didn’t dislike this punishment, it could be a way to relax his mind and body, after so many incidents happened. Grandpa Jung signed some documents and bid the police counselor goodbye on her way.

“I’ll go to my room, harabeoji,” said Jungkook and followed by Yein

“So, Jungkook-ah, from today you’re not allowed to go outside of the house. It’s a good thing that this house is big so that you wouldn’t die in boredom,” said Yein in Jungkook’s room

“Jungkook? You’re not going to call your boyfriend ‘Kookie~~’ or ‘oppa’?” joked Jungkook. “Geez~~ What’s the point of having a girlfriend but she can’t be sweet towards you.”

“Ya! You could still make some jokes at this time?” Yein threw a pillow to him while he only laughed. “You always make me worry.”

“Me? Making you worry? Then, how about last time when you got too close with Youngjae sunbae? You were almost died by gulping those stupid drugs,”

“Fine… I’m sorry. It’s because I don’t believe that Youngjae sunbae is the culprit. He’s really nice and helpful senior, you know,”

                Jungkook can’t help but agree at her. Basically Youngjae is not the main culprit. He only helped his hyungs due to gratitude. “Is he okay? I heard his rehab is going fine,”

“Yeah, last time I, Soojung, Kei, and Radio club members visited him, he was in a better condition,”

“Send him my regards,” Jungkook looked up and saw Yein clenching her gaze at him. “And apologize too,”

“Okay, I will. Oh, yesterday Hoseok oppa and Seokjin oppa called you but I answer the phone. I guess you should call them back,” Jungkook nodded.

                Yein got up from his bed and walked to his door.

“Hey, where are you going?” asked Jungkook

“My room, of course. I don’t want to stay any longer in a room which is dirty and messy like this,”

“At least you like the owner of this room,” said Jungkook playfully. Yein smiled and kissed his forehead before clicking his forehead.

“Serves you right,” and she closed the door.

***

                In the afternoon, Yein’s house was filled with laughter and chats. All of Bangtan members came to visit Jungkook who can’t come to their base at school’s club room. Grandpa Jung and Aunt Jung were very delight to have many companions in the house. It made the room more lively and fun.

“I’m hungry,” said Taehyung

“Ya! You just ate a bowl of rice with chicken skewers and fried eggs and you’re still hungry?” asked Yoongi

“I can’t help it, hyung. You left me at the bus station until I have to run to the next station for getting the new bus!”

“That’s your fault because you slept at the bench,” said Seokjin

                Taehyung frowned and folded his arms.

“Have some snacks, boys. Jungkook’s aunt made so much food for today,” said Grandpa Jung

“Aigoo, thank you very much, harabeoji. I’m very sorry on behalf of my dongsaeng,”

“Gwaenchana, gwaenchana. Take your time and talk. Jungkook might don’t have time like this for next two months,”

                Grandpa Jung excused himself to his room and gave them more space to talk and joke.

“Jarhaesseo, jarhaesso. Because of your stupid and rush behavior, you get this punishment. You should thank Seokjin hyung for asking his dad to reduce your sentence,” said Jimin

“Jinjja hyung? Gomawoyo,”

“Nah, Just act good and take care of yourself and Yein, that would be good to me. She’s the one who tell me the whole story of this incident. She panicked and almost cried you know?”

“Really? Yein?” asked Jungkook in disbelief.

“You can ask her now,”

“By the way where is she? I haven’t met her today,” said Hoseok

“She’s in her room. Listing some things to be organized,”

“Aww, I want to see my little sister,”

“Little sister? Ya, since when my Yein is your little sister?”

“MY YEIN? OMO~ OMO~ OMO~ Ya! Since you are our little brother, that’s make her OUR little sister too,” exclaimed Taehyung

“Still…”

                Jungkook was dumbfounded because of his hyungs but can’t help to let out some smiles for them.

‘At least they have found their smile again’ thought Jungkook

***

“Going to beach café?” asked Yein

Yep, this Saturday. Come on, it will be fun. Just the three of us, you, me and Jin,” said Kei on the phone

“Okay, sounds good. I’m in!”

Yeaay! You can also bring Jungkook if you want to,

“He’s in house arrest, he won’t make it. But earlier you said it was girl’s day out right?”

Ah, you’re right! See you in two days!

“BYEEE!!”