Another Down

The Inseparable Ones

“Uwaaaaa… you dress different today. Any special occasion?” asked Jungkook who still in his casual T-Shirt, Training Pants, and bed hair.

                It was only 9 AM and Today is Sunday. When he woke up, he was startled when he saw Yein wore a pastel blouse, white knee-length skirt with a pair of flat shoes. Even though she would still look lovely in her usual days, Jungkook didn’t deny that Yein looked very gorgeous with that dress.

“Is it weird?” asked Yein

“No, you look…. Beautiful,” Yein couldn’t help but blushed upon hearing Jungkook’s compliment.

“You haven’t answer my question,” A lot of things appeared in his mind. ‘Did she have a date? With who? Why she didn’t tell me before?’ those questions kept showing in his brain.

“I know what you think. No, it’s not a date. My senior asked me to have lunch together. Since I’m free, why not,”

“You never dress like that when I ask you for lunch,” Jungkook sulked on the couch and ate a slice of bread. “Then, you left me alone? Harabeoji and Imo go to Kangwondo for a month.”

“Aigoo, Do I felt some jealous from you?” Yein smirked and put her face closer to Jungkook. She pulled an aegyo face to him and Jungkook still pouted. “Oh, come on. It’s just lunch. I promised I’ll go home before twilight.”

                Jungkook was still sulking but not bothering to stop munching his bread. Yein ruffled his hair and pecked lightly his cheek.

“Take care of the house okay oppa?” said Yein playfully

“Ne, omma,” Then Jungkook snapped out of his mind. “What did you just call me? Hey Yein! Jung Yein!”

“Annyeong,”

***

                Youngjae couldn’t stop looking at his wristwatch. He was 15 minutes early from the appointment time. He decided to wear a black shirt with a red flannel vest as the outer and black jeans. He hoped that his outfit would leave a good impression on Yein. He didn’t want to look formal but also not too casual.

“Outfit, check. Hair, check. Breath, nice. Flower, Save. Good job Youngjae. Just make sure you didn’t ruin like the last one,” It’s been a while since he asked a girl to go out with him. Ever since he saw Yein in radio club, he found her interesting. She was so bubbly and charming. He didn’t know what could be the reason how she could have bitemporal hemianopsia, but she never let anyone to pity her.

                Still, he felt bad after hiding her walking stick only to ask her for a lunch together.

                Just then, she appeared in front of his eyes. He couldn’t turn his gaze after seeing her walking down from the bus and walked aided by her stick towards a café without looking anywhere. Yein looked so beautiful in his eyes. Yein dressed differently with her image at school. She was just an average student back then, but now she’s like a fairy.

                He snapped himself.

Duh, I must be like her so much,’ Youngjae hit his forehead lightly.

“Youngjae sunbae!” called Yein. “I’m sorry for making you wait.”

“No no no. I’m the one who come early,” Youngjae rubbed his neck. Feeling embarrassed.

“Woa, you impressed me sunbae. So, should we go?”

“Sure,”

                They walked down the Hongdae Street while showing some interest to the accessories stall, food stall, music shows around them. Youngjae occasionally took a glance towards Yein. But, she didn’t realize it as she only paid attention to the path. He braved himself trying to hold Yein’s hand. The other hand which free from holding the stick.

“Sunbae!” Yein’s calling startled him and quickly pulled his hand.

“Yes?” He tried to control his uncontrollable heartbeat when she put her face closer to his face.

“Where should we have our lunch?” Yein asked straightforwardly.

                Youngjae blinked a few times before he could understand what Yein said.

“Ow, I want to take you to my favorite restaurant here. I hope you don’t mind with Italian cuisine,”

“I’m not a picky eater, don’t worry about it,”

***

Youngjae took Yein into a restaurant with an Italian touch both at the exterior and the interior. The wall was built with exposed red brick showing the warm atmosphere. There are not so many tables, but the layout was very nice that every visitor felt comfortable eating there. Yein fascinated with the restaurant, she followed Youngjae to sit in front of a bar table.

“Here, have a seat. You could see the chef cooking. What do you want? They are so delicious but I recommend the Napolitan Spaghetti. Italian Pasta with Asian Sauce. My favorite,” adviced Youngjae in vibrant.

“I’ll go with your recommendation then,”

“We would like 2 Napolitan Spaghetti, please,”

                Yein was busy playing with the cute eating utensils as Youngjae kept stealing glance at her.

“Ah, sunbae. Thank you for finding my walking stick. I don’t know how to pay you back,”

 

“Sunbae! That’s…..” gasped Yein

“Ah, yes. Your walking stick right? I found it near your desk,” said Youngjae

“Thank you so much sunbae!! I’ll pay you back on Sunday,”

 

                Youngjae only showed a sheepish smile. He felt guilty for his childish act. Then Yein took out a blue box with yellow ribbon from her bag and pushed it to Youngjae.

“What’s this?” inquired Youngjae

“A thank you from me. I hope you like it,”

                Youngjae opened the box and found a stationery box with his initial name.

“Wah, you don’t have to give me this actually. But thank you,” Youngjae put it back to the box and secured it to his backpack.

“The walking stick is important to me sunbae. Without it, I can’t walk by myself. Jungkook was furious at me when he knew I lost my stick. Thanks to you, he stopped his nagging to buy me another one,”

                Youngjae’s smile faded as Yein mentioned Jungkook’s name.

“That boy again,” he mumbled

“Here’s your spaghetti,” said the chef

                Yein couldn’t hear Youngjae’s mumbled when the food arrived.

“I’ll eat them well,” said Yein. “Eat, sunbae.”

“Ah, yes,” Youngjae started to eat with a heavy heart.

“This is delicious sunbae. Really!”

‘Why is it that boy again? Well, I know that Jungkook is her best friend, felt like her sibling. But, why do I feel like Jungkook is always being their third wheel? Just how many times Jungkook always tagged along even when he only had a small talk with her’ Youngjae thought that for himself.

“Why is it sunbae? You look a bit gloomy after I gave you the present. You didn’t like it?”

“No.. nothing,” there was an awkward silence between them. “Yein, can I ask you a question?”

“Of course,”

“How… how…,” ‘how do you see me?’ “how’s the radio club so far?”

                Yein smiled again and told him how she felt when she becomes the DJ. She felt ecstatic and very thankful because the radio club could fulfill her desire to be an announcer.

                Listening to her story, he decided not to confess his feeling. He didn’t want to hear Yein’s answer right now. He only wanted Yein to be around him. He continued to listen to her story again.

***

“Thank you for the food. Thank you Youngjae sunbae,”

                Youngjae only smiled and opened his wallet to pay their meal. He refused when Yein was about to pay her meal. Youngjae insisted to pay because he was the one who ask Yein. Just when he pulled out money, a small white pack came off from the wallet.

                Yein took it and looked at it intensely. “Is it yours, sunbae? Your pack fell.”

                Youngjae grabbed it quickly from Yein before she could say anything more. He saved it onto his wallet again. “Sorry, It is my headache pill.”

“Ah, okay,”

“Let’s go. I’ll walk you home,”

“Tell me Yein-ah! You didn’t tell me anything about your date yesterday,” pleaded Jungkook

                Monday morning. School started as usual for almost everybody in the world. That also occurred to Jungkook and Yein. Since yesterday, after Yein got home in the twilight—she kept her promise—Jungkook has been following Yein around to ask how’s her date.

“I told you it’s not a date, Jungkook-ah. Youngjae sunbaenim only treated me for lunch. That’s it. We hang out at Hongdae then eat at Italian restaurant and went home. We’re not going anywhere or doing anything again. Capisce?”

“Really?”

“Aigoo, are you jealous? Come on. It’s not like we have a romantical relationship or something,”

“That’s not what I mean,”

                Yein patted his head lightly. “I know you’re worried but I’m fine okay?”

                When they arrive at school, many students gathered in front of principal’s room. They were whispering and talking in gibberish.

“What’s happening?” asked Yein

“I don’t know. Let’s ask them,”

“Kei-yah!” called Yein. They approach Kei who also standing in queue in front of headmaster’s room. “What’s happening?”

“The police are here. They said they found a light for Yugyeom’s case. He was OD’d,” whispered Kei

“Hee? Then?”

“Principal was about to hold a press conference five minutes ago but it canceled. Another student was OD’d. Again,” explained Kei

“Who?” asked Jungkook and Yein in unison

“Youngjae sunbaenim,”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong! I'm updating again! Yeay!

I'm sorry I couldn't update sooner because I have something come up with my grade

I hope you could enjoy this chapter and don't forget to leave comment ^^

Love you!

Here's a gift for you as my apology

credit: lovelyz8 @ tumblr