Confessions

The Inseparable Ones

“Are you done?” asked Jungkook boldly when he saw Youngjae came out from Yein’s room.

“Yes, I’m done,”

“Good then,”

                There was an awkward silence between both of them. Jungkook took the initiation to bring Youngjae went outside.

“Join me then to the cafeteria,”

“Of course. Thanks,”

****

“Here’s your juice. I don’t know if you like it or not. If you don’t like it you can throw it away,” said Jungkook

“Ah, thank you, Jungkook-ah,”

                Another awkward silence occurred between them.

“How… how come Yein’s eyes became like that?” Youngjae gathered all of his courage to ask Jungkook about it. He felt really guilty about her because everything he did.

“She mistook taking some medicine. Doctor said the side effect of the drug could make her lost her sight. I don’t know myself what kind of medicine she was taking,” answered Jungkook trying to get some information from Youngjae.

                He already suspicious towards Youngjae because of his reaction when he mentioned about Yein’s mistaken. But he didn’t have enough proof to blame Youngjae though. For now, he could only collect some information.

“I hope she’s okay. The painkillers shouldn’t have a long effect if she only take one,”

                Jungkook lifted his eyes from her juice bottle.

“Mwo?”

                And Youngjae realized he said something that he shouldn’t be.

“How did you know that Yein took painkillers? I never mention that,”

“Yein…. Said to me earlier,” Youngjae avoided eye contact with his junior.

“Why would she tell you about that? I’m sorry but I overheard you a bit buat she never mention that to you before,”

                Youngjae tightened his grip on his bottle, trying to lose some nervousness.

“Sunbaenim, I ask you one more time. How did you know about those painkillers?” Jungkook waited for Youngjae’s response but didn’t get any answer. “Is it you?”

 

FLASHBACK

“Yein-ah, be honest to me. What did you take that night?” inquired Jungkook

“What do you mean?”

“The doctor said you took some painkiller before you knocked out. But you didn’t take any medication recently. Not even for your eyesight,”

“It’s just usual painkiller,”

“Yein-ah, please. If you didn’t tell me, then what should I do to protect you? How can I take care of you? Don’t we promise to tell everything to each other?” He saw a glimpse expression changing from her face. “I know. I know I did wrong to you. I didn’t tell you how I feel when I saw you with Youngjae. I just hate it when you were with him. I don’t know how to react about this feeling,”

                Yein moved her head to the side like she was looking at Jungkook.

“Kookie-ya~~,”

“Please tell me Yein-ah. What kind of medicine that you take?”

“It was Youngjae sunbae’s. He gave it to me when we had lunch together. He said that it’ll help relieving a bit of pain. I guess the painkiller didn’t quite fit for my body. Hahahaha,”

FLASHBACK END

 

“Do you have any proof to say it’s me?” said Youngjae calmly.

                Jungkook shocked a bit before continuing his deduction.

“So, it’s you then?” He asked that one more time in banmal.

“I think you should fix your way of talking when you speak to your senior,”

“Ish,” Jungkook grabbed Youngjae’s collar and talked right in front of his nose. “Don’t you dare mess with me if it’s involving Yein! Ever!”

                Luckily, the cafeteria wasn’t so crowd in the night. Only a few people watched them at surprised. The lady waitress approached them.

“Please don’t make any noise in hospital, dear,”

“Ne,” said them in unison. Jungkook release him and sat again.

                Youngjae only smiled and tidied his shirt. “I better get going. Send my regard to Yein,”

“Sunbae,” Jungkook called Youngjae in honorifics for the first time, making Youngjae stopped for a moment. “I’ll find the proof. Wait for it.”

“Well, I’m waiting,”

                Youngjae walked out from the cafeteria and mumbled, “I hope you can find it, Jungkook-ah. Hyungdeul, mianhae,”

***

                Jungkook opened Yein’s ward slowly not wanting to wake her up. The room was dark so he guessed Grandpa Jung and Aunty has went home and Yein was asleep.

“Who is it?” asked Yein

“Omo~~ You’re surprised me,”

“Jungkook-ah? Is that you?”

“Yes, it’s me. How come you haven’t slept yet? It’s past 11 you know,”

“How about you then? Hufftt,” grumbled Yein

“I’m hungry. Harabeoji and imo has come home?”

“Yes, they said they will be back tomorrow morning leaving you to take care of me. Hahaha,”

“What? You don’t like me to take care of you? Fine, then I’ll go home,”

“Don’t. Don’t leave me alone in darkness,” said Yein sadly

                Jungkook sat beside Yein and grabbed her hands.

“For everything I said and then at that night, I’m sorry,”

“Gwaenchana. Forgive me too for being stubborn,”

“I guess I’m just jealous when you were with Youngjae sunbaenim,”

“Jealous? Why would you jealous at him?”

“Because I like you, Jung Yein,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I could update!

I'm really really sorry for not updating for a month.

May was my final exam month, and last week I went to Korea with my family. So, I couldn't catch up with this story.

I hope I could make a regular update now. Thanks for still supporting this story and keep reading it.

Thank you have a nice sumer holiday!!