Old Memories

Fancy Meeting You Here

Haneul got up very early that morning at 5 o'clock. Freakishly early, if you consider how she went on a plane the day before, therefore should be tired, played a prank on an old friend and stayed up late to talk to some old friends of her's who she hadn't seen in a very long time. But then again, her body had been trained to be able to withstand hard circumstances, and she needed to go to where her mother was residing at soon. She quickly changed back to her clothes from the previous day, extremely glad she didn't sweat buckets so the clothing was still fine and didn't stink. She neatly folded Ryuu's clothes and placed them at the foot of the bed and snuck out the door.

 

She almost got to the front door before she suddenly ducked downwards and army rolled away from the foot of someone. She crouched into a animalistic pouncing position with one knee kneeling on the groudn and quickly looked up to find Daichi with an amused expression upon his face and his hand reached out to where her shoulder was just 3 seconds ago.

 

"As expected, Sora-chan definitely has had many years of training!"

 

Haneul blushed slightly out of embarrassment. "Sorry Daichi. I thought you might be the enemy or something! It's still early in the morning and I couldn't tell if it was one of you boys or not by your footsteps!" Haneul embarrassedly scratched the nape of her neck slightly while getting up into a standing position.

 

"No." He shook his head from side to side slightly, "It's alright. I find it quite amusing actually." He said and smiled a little as if to show his amusement, "Where you headed off to?"

 

"Ah. My mother's." Haneul said, smiling. "I think I should probably leave now. I was probably supposed to go last night, and my luggage has probably already been sent there. I really don't think I should inconvenience you guys anymore." She said and smiled.

 

Daichi simply smiled back and raised his arm up and gently lowered his right hand onto Haneul's left shoulder. "Nah, it's okay. It's not an inconvenience at all. All of us are really glad to see you. I think the guys will be sad and get mad at me if you leave now," He paused to laugh a little, "But go, if you must."

 

Haneul smiled back brightly at him, "Thank you Daichi! Please tell the boys thank you for letting me stay over!" Haneul started to make her way towards the front door and her hand was even on door handle when she suddenly decided to quickly ask Daichi something.

 

"Daichi-chan?" She asked in an enquiring voice.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Ryuu had business with someone last night, did he not?"

 

Daichi scratched his head slightly and looked upwards a bit as if trying to remember, "Uh, yeah. But I think it wasn't someone, but rather some people."

 

"Do you have any idea who they were?"

 

"Hmm. I'm not sure actually. If you want to know you should probably ask Yasuo or Ryuu himself. Why do you ask?"

 

"Oh no. Just out of curiosity." Haneul smiled quickly, then continued to make her way out the door again. Daichi came to hold the door open for her and waved at her as she continued her way down the alleyway.

 

"BYE SORA-CHAN! COME TO SEE US AGAIN SOON!" He called out. Haneul turned around and began to walk backwards as she waved back and laughed slightly, "OF COURSE I WILL!" She called out and turned right back around and continued to walk away.

 

-----------------

 

Paying the taxi driver 4000 yen leaving a tip of 370 yen, Haneul stepped out of the taxi she was in. She looked upwards and saw herself in front of the apartment complex section of the Roppongi Hills. She quickly entered through the foyer and went into a lift and pressed on the button for the 5th floor.

 

She shortly arrived and quickly made her way to room 502. She put on x-ray and thermal vision glasses to scan the room inside for any intruders or suspicious electronic devices. She saw one red spot in the glasses in the room which she presumed to be the bedroom, as the red spot was lying down on what Haneul presumed to be a bed from the shape of it. Haneul swiftly took off her x-ray glasses and put them into the same pocket she quickly then brought a bobby pin and a small needle out from. She used to bobby pin to try and pick the lock and found it didn't work. "Good job umma." She thought as she pocketed her bobby pin and needle. "Simple lock picking doesn't work eh?" She smirked slightly. Just as her right hand reached for the door bell, the door swung open to find her mother not looking too impressed.

 

"Skylar? Really? I've been working in this business for longer than you have and you think your mama would stay in a place that has been guarded by a door whose lock can be easily picked?" She said in Chinese to Haneul and crossed her arms over her chest and she raised her left eyebrow elegantly and cocked her head on its side slightly.

 

Haneul just looked at her mum and laughed and flung her arms out around her mum to hug her. "UMMA! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES!" She said and almost squeezed the living daylights out of her mother, much like how Woohyun does to her. Though her mother handles it a lot better than she has. Probably had been near strangled to death too many times by criminals to care much more about Haneul's hugs. Her mother raised her right hand and patted Haneul gently on the back, "There, there, Skylar. Mama's missed you too" She said once again in Chinese.

 

Haneul finally pulled back after 2 full minutes of just squeezing the living daylights out of her own mother and grinned widely. "Umma… how's it all been going?"

 

Her mother smiled softly, and allowed a motherly look cross her face which was usually hard steel. But you really can't blame the woman, she's been in the espionage business for the vast majority of her life, it was hard for her to pull out normal emotions anymore.

 

"Aigoo," She said suddenly switching to Korean, yet another of the languages she was proficient in, "My little darling daughter. You're the one I should be worried about! You're being sent on more missions than I do!" She said and suddenly her eyes seemed to betray her slightly and give out a little bit of emotion, "I hope you're safe. I'd never allow it if my daughter were to get hurt." Her eyes this time completely clouded over with regret. Haneul read the emotion in her eyes and swallowed the lump that had formed in guiltily. All of a sudden there was a great tension in the air and an awkward silence ensued. Haneul coughed a little to try and break up the tension in the air.

 

"Of course I'm fine mother." She said suddenly becoming a little formal, "I have your genes in me after all. You shouldn't worry about me. The IAI would never allow me to get hurt." Her mother simply stayed silent again and became extremely awkward again. Haneul sighed. Things had always been a bit awkward with her mother after certain events. Haneul moved her gaze to the floor and then tapped her foot awkwardly for a little while.

 

"So… umma… are you going to let your daughter into your apartment?" She said smoothly and completely changing the subject at hand, "The IAI has sent me luggage directly over am I correct?"

 

Her mother stopped reminiscing about the past and simply stepped aside allowing Haneul to walk through. She walked through and saw her small Coach wheelie luggage case inside. She quickly unlocked it by inputting her code to the finger-print and DNA sensitive lock. It soundlessly popped open and she took out her Coach embossed leather travel kit with all her necessities in there, and her pair of high waist Burberry skinny jeans and shirt. She then made her way towards the bathroom.

 

After freshening up in the shower, she changed into the previously mentioned clothes, and then brushed her teeth. As she was coming out from the bathroom while trying to towel dry her hair, she saw her mother looking for money to hand to the delivery boy at the door for what she assumed to be sweet and sour pork, mapo tofu and Shanghainese dumplings. The boy looked at Haneul who was coming out of the bathroom as the bathroom door was right next to the door and seemed to stare at her for a bit longer than necessary. Haneul smiled simply at him and then turned back to look at her mother who was coming over with a Prada crocodile skin wallet in hand, so she did not see the boys cheeks turn a slight pink shade.

 

Her mother after handing him way too much money, quickly said a word of thank you and shut the door in his face. Haneul and her mother then settled down at the table whose materials Haneul recognised as crystal after she sat down and took a closer look. They ate in silence and Haneul slowly ate the proper Chinese food she hadn't had in a few months. Recently due to her being busy being flown from one country to the next for missions, and also being busy working on her missions, she had had no time whatsoever to eat properly. Her favourite out of the dishes her mother ordered was the mapo tofu, and the spicy aroma was like a party in .

 

"Tianmei?" Her mother asked and caused Haneul to lift her head, "What do you think of the food?"

 

Haneul thought for awhile before answering. "Hmm, allow me to think. Let's see, first, the ketchup and white vinegar flavour in the sweet and sour pork is a little bit stronger than it probably should be, and the mapo tofu is not quite flaky enough, but the flavour is awesome. And-… Umma, is there a problem?"

 

Her mother smiled slightly at her then looked downwards at the food, "Oh, no, no. There's absolutely no problem. Just you know me, I'm not a great cook or great at appreciating food. When you start talking like that about food… it just… it brings back memories of your father." She seemed to smile a little sadly as she said the words "your father".

 

Haneul's smile from when she was describing the food faltered. It soon dropped off her face entirely and she awkwardly looked out the window at the scenery of Tokyo traffic that was beginning to get busy. She then looked back at the mother's old face and swallowed the lump of guilt that had formed itself in again, for the second time within an hour. The two of them just sat in silence there, both of their appetites lost.

 

 

---------

A/N

 

Haneul's mother's actually Chinese. Her family background with her mother being full Chinese, her father being half-Korean and half-Japanese makes Haneul quite a mix (even though she's still full asian XP), so she naturally can speak Chinese, Korean and Japanese fluently.

 

And also, before I forget, Tianmei is Haneul's Chinese name. :)

 

And oh man guys!! I feel so guilty for not updating regularly (insert picture of adorable girl which is not me pouting)

 

And Merry Christmas!!! ^.^
A Christmas update for you alll!!!~~~~~~~~~