Not even an inkling of feeling

Fancy Meeting You Here

 

A/N

@rhienz03:

Awww.... How could I say no? ><
Thank you so much for always looking forward to my updates! :)

And I wonder what Kevin's thinking indeed? ;)

-----------------------------------------

“Ahjumma!” Haneul called out as she entered the middle class Italian restaurant which looked still quite busy considering the fact that it wasn’t until lunch hour for most people yet.

A woman with a head of curly hair popped her head up to take a look at the new guests entering the restaurant. Her eyes lit up in recognition when she saw Haneul.

“Haneul-ah!” She rushed over to Haneul and embraced her, “Oh, our little Haneul. It’s been a while, hey?”

Haneul happily nodded to be able to see this ahjumma again. “I’m not little though.” Haneul pouted and a small frown creased her flawless face for a little moment before it suddenly smoothed itself back out to lend way to a quick smile from Haneul.

“Aigoo, aigoo… You’ve gotten thinner…” The ahjumma pouted at Haneul and shook her head, “Have you been eating well or is all that ‘travelling’ taking its toll on you? Aigoo, aigoo.” She continued to pinch Haneul’s cheeks and shake her head from side to side. Then she seemed to notice the 13 awkward people (U-Kiss’s manager had joined them) standing behind her. “Haneul-ah, have you brought friends this time?” She asked with surprise in her voice.

“Ahjumma! Not you too! It’s not so rare I have friends, you know.” She pouted at the ahjumma.

“Ara, ara! I just didn’t know you knew many other people besides Woohyun.” She winked at Haneul who looked confused, “So how’s my little Woohyun going?”

“He’ll get annoyed again if he hears you call him little.” Haneul laughed, “Anyway, let these people behind me sit down first and then we’ll have a chat, okay?”

The 14 of them sat down at two separate tables. “Order whatever you want, guys.” Haneul said as she picked up the menu, “It’s on the house.”

“What? We can’t possibly get you to pay for all of us!” Hyo Jin said and shook her head vigorously.

“Nah, I’m not paying for it. That’s Woohyun, someone very close to me’s mother over there.” Haneul jerked her thumb over, “This isn’t coming out of my money, it’s coming out of his. His mother will just take from him if necessary.”

“Using your boyfriend’s money casually like that? I didn’t think you were that sort of person.” Kevin commented.

“Woo Sunghyun, I can do whatever I like with Woohyun’s money as he can do whatever he likes with mine. I’ve known him for most of my life now, I’m sure he trusts me with his money by now. And unless you wish to pay, I highly suggest that you shut your mouth about the issue of money.” Haneul said, her eyes never leaving the menu.

“Alright, whatever you say. Geez, your temper’s terrible.” Kevin muttered.

“And your behaviour is controlling and annoying.” Haneul shot back.

“Oh my goodness, the two of you!” Soohyun said in an annoyed voice, “Stop being at each other’s throats for once, will you? Why do the two of you fight so much anyway? What have you got against each other?”

“Nothing.” They both replied at the same time and then proceeded to glare at each other.

“Argh, I give up. Just be quiet and don’t disrupt the rest of us, okay?” Soohyun grumbled and turned back to the menu.

“So noona, what do you suggest here?” Dongho asked.

“The carbonara’s really good.” Haneul nodded, “It’s one of ahjumma’s specialties.”

“Alright then. I’ll have that.” Dongho nodded.

Soon everyone had ordered what they wanted. 3 pizzas, 5 carbonaras, 3 spaghettis Bolognese, 1 serving of bruschetta, 1 ravioli and 1 risotto.

“You guys eat while I go talk with Woohyun’s mother. Text me when the food’s here.” Haneul gave them a quick smile which slipped right off her face the moment she turned around and she went into the office up the back.

“Ahjumma?” She asked. All of a sudden she sensed an attack from behind her and spun around to catch the ahjumma’s arm. “Geez, still trying to attack me even now?” Haneul laughed.

The ahjumma frowned and closed the door behind her to her soundproofed office. “Well, the last time I landed a hit on you was when you were 10 and you were half drugged. Do you know how bad that seems for me, both the mother and wife of two top agents?”

“Well I’m a top agent too.” Haneul laughed, “Landing a hit on me in full conscious state when you’ve only had 1 year’s worth of basic training would be like trying to knock Woohyun or ahjusshi out.” Woohyun’s mother stuck her tongue out childishly and Haneul stuck her tongue equally as childishly back out at her.

“So what did the IAI want me to do?” Haneul asked, getting serious.

“Well, Miyoung says she passes on her regards, first of all. Second of all, she says she knows you’re on independent investigation and all, but they really do need a young female agent to do a quick, easy mission. We all know that narrows it down to only two possible candidates, you and Yuko from the Tokyo base. Of course, since this ‘quick, easy mission’ is in Seoul and you’re also a more experienced agent than Yuko, you were chosen.” The printer hummed behind Woohyun’s mother and she pulled out the sheets of paper which were still warm and passed them to Haneul. “Quick mission information. This is for looking only. The rest of the information will be sent encoded to your phone.”

“Thank you, ahjumma.” Haneul said, getting up as she heard her phone beep twice. One must’ve been the IAI, the other must’ve been about the food. “And I’ll pay for the food out of my account if you wish.”

“No, no. On the house.” She waved her arm and shook her head and then had a glint in her eye, “Either that, or it’s time I visit Apgujeong for some shopping with Woohyun’s credit card.”

Haneul laughed as she opened the door, “You go do that. Woohyun doesn’t spend much with his money anyway.”

“Oh, but he does.”

“No he doesn’t.”

“He spends it on you all the time.” She crossed her arms and raised a sly eyebrow at Haneul, “Such as those name brand necklaces, bracelets, clothes, handbags and most importantly of all, that ring you’re wearing right now.” Haneul paused to look down at the white gold and diamond ring on her middle finger on her left hand.

“Oh yeah. My stuff.” Haneul seemed to have forgotten it took large amounts of money to always buy designer brand things for her.

“Yes. Care to explain that ring?” Woohyun’s mother looked almost excited, because, well, the prospect of having Haneul as a future daughter-in-law excited her greatly.

“How did you know it was from Woohyun?” Haneul lifted her hand up to show Woohyun’s mother.

“Because I can tell it’s the style of thing Woohyun would pick out for you.” She winked at Haneul.

“It’s a friendship ring!” Haneul smiled brightly which caused Woohyun’s mother’s smile to slip slightly in confusion.

“Friendship ring?”

“Yeah! He gave it to me last time I saw him! He has a matching one which looks slightly more for men! He said it was his promise to me to stay close to me and always protect me and love me!” Haneul said and smiled brightly at the older woman, “Isn’t you son just so nice?”

Woohyun’s mother sighed. So this is what Woohyun meant by the fact that she was thick. “Of course he’s nice, he’s my son. Now, off you go before your food gets cold, okay?”

Haneul walked off and when she disappeared from Woohyun’s mother’s vision she shook her head and sighed. “I guess this only means she doesn’t even have an inkling of feeling to return to that son of mine.”