And so we meet again

Fancy Meeting You Here

Inoue Naoko was extremely quick to react, having been in the IAI for almost half her life.

"SORAMI-SAN. REPORT TO THE SOUTH ENTRANCE FROM WHICH YOU ENTERED. GUARD THE ENTRANCE MAKING SURE NO UNAUTHORISED PERSONELL ENTER OR EXIT FROM THERE." She quickly yelled at Haneul in one long drawn out breath before rushing out to take care of other things, Haneul presumed.

 

Haneul stared after her almost in a daze, then when the alarms finally turned off she snapped out of her semi-daze and sprinted at a high speed towards the south entrance. On her way there she collided into a large buff man. He got up without an apology and headed in the opposite direction to Haneul. She predicted he was heading towards the north entrance. "North entrance, huh…" Haneul thought to herself as she stood up brushing herself off, "Isn't that the one that's underwater?" Haneul quickly shook these thoughts out of her head. "Now's not the time to be thinking about this, Jang Haneul. Quickly get your to the south entrance and do as Inoue-san told you to." She scolded herself in her mind and she picked up her sprint again.

 

Soon the south entrance was in view and she started to slow down to a steady jog and finally stopped moving her legs altogether and stood there, guard, in front of the door. She touched her forehead. "Good" She thought to herself, "Not sweating yet. Not panting either. Good job Haneul. You're still as fit as ever." She was about to pat herself on the back to congratulate herself when she saw a small movement from the very edges of her eyes. She quickly whipped around to see it, but never got a chance before the doors opened and the thing attacked her.

 

"YAH! OPPA! NOW'S NOT THE TIME!" She shouted whilst hitting her best friend on the back.

 

He quickly released her and looked worriedly at her, "I heard the base had been infiltrated, so I rushed back here to assist and you're not hurt are you, Haneul?" He quickly said all in one long breathless sentence that was rushed out all at once.

 

"Ani, Oppa, I'm not hurt. I'm completely fine. But don't talk like that. Slooooow down!" She said as she sighed, "I wonder what's happening. How did anyone figure out where the base is anyway!!?" She said in an annoyed tone. "And this is just all ridic-" She quickly cut off as her eyes, sensitive to even the smallest of movements noticed a small movement down the corridor. She narrowed her eyes.

 

"What's wrong Haneul?" Woohyun asked, looking at his best friend of 10 years with a worried look.

 

Haneul ignored his question for a full 5 seconds, with his worry growing stronger and stronger with every second. As he was about to ask again, Haneul dashed down the corridor without notice and just yelled back at him, "GUARD THE ENTRANCE FOR ME PLEASE! I'LL BE BACK!"

 

"Y… YAH!" He yelled, but it was too late, she turned a corner and disappeared. He looked at the spot where she was before with worried eyes, but decided to stay after all as if he left, this entrance would be unguarded.

 

-------------------------------

 

*Huff* *Huff* *Huff*

"… Where did that person go…" Haneul panted out loud, looking around for the figure she was chasing just before and realised that she went into the tunnels under the base unknowingly while she was chasing the figure. "WHOEVER YOU ARE. REVEAL YOURSELF NOW!" She yelled, and listened to it echo around the enclosed space. Haneul quickly put on her thermal night vision glasses, and watch the world around her turn a shade of green. She looked around intently but still couldn't see any movement.

 

All of a sudden, she found her vision obscured by a bright red spot which she presumed to be a human's right hand. Then she felt her body being held backwards towards the human she presumed was a male due to his lack of chest volume and his height with his other arm."Haha… So, we  again, ey, Miss Agent 72 Sky?" She heard from the human being behind her whisper into her ear, warming it up from when it went cold from before, "Why is it we always meet in tunnels somewhere?" He said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

 

"Did you attempt to take Mephistopheles' life?" Haneul said evenly and getting straight to the point, "I heard that after I left there was an attempt on her life." She said coldly.

 

"Why? Angry for her?" the mysterious male said, his voice suddenly turning cold, "She was a scumbag anyway. Shouldn't you be glad I helped you and the IAI?" He finished off with almost a tinge of anger in his voice.

 

"So it was you after all…" Haneul said angrily, not bothering to hide her emotion. "And no. It wasn't helpful at all. Why would you give me that manila folder of information if you were planning to kill her and knew the information would be useless!?" Haneul said angrily, slowly and steadily raising her voice with every word. "You… do you take me for a fool!?" She finished off her sentence by yelling the last word.

 

She heard the man behind her sigh… Well… It was more like she felt him sigh onto her ear. Haneul was beginning to feel uncomfortable feeling his breath on her right ear all the time. "Well, so far you've only proven yourself to BE a fool."

 

Haneul felt like she'd been slapped in the face. Being called a fool was one of the things she hated being called the most. "You…"

 

"I what?"

"You bastard…"

"Nice to hear your opinion of me."

Then it hit Haneul. "Ah."

"Yes, Miss Sky?"

"Are you Korean?"

 

Suddenly Haneul felt the man behind her tense up.

 

"What?"

"Well… basically I could not stop thinking of you last night, and-"
 

"Sounds like someone's fallen head over heels in love with me."

"Trust me, it's not that way. I'd only have disgust with myself if that happened. I don't even know what you look like anyway." Haneul said calmly and then continued on, "And then, I was trying to pinpoint where exactly your accent was from. I found the tiniest accent in your voice when you spoke Japanese to me last night, oh and by the way, your Japanese is still very excellent though, but anyway, I just couldn't pinpoint where you were from. I had to decide whether you were from a western country, or another Asian country such as Korea, and now I've decided it's a Korean accent you have. Am I correct? Oh, wait, no. Let me guess. You're not going to tell m-"

"Yes. You actually are correct. Congratulations. You certainly are a gifted girl, as the rumours say." He said with no emotion in his voice. This irked Haneul. She was hoping to get a reaction out of him, not a fact she'd already heard hundreds or maybe even thousands of times from other people. "Well. This has been fun and all, but I've really got to go now."

"Wait!" Haneul said while starting to panic, "Why did you infiltrate our base, and how did you find it and infiltrate it?"

"We'll leave that for another time, shall we, Miss Sky?" He said with a certain tone of smugness in his voice, "Goodbye." He bid farewell in perfect English, without a Korean accent at all, which confused Haneul.

 

In the time Haneul spent left in a daze, he had already left and by the time she snapped out of it, the mysterious man was long gone.

 

"Who are you exactly?" Haneul whispered, staring at the ground, with the words "Miss Sky" echoing through her head, then slowly pushed her eyelids downwards and frowned.