Old friends

Fancy Meeting You Here

 

Haneul gingerly stalked down the alleyway, careful not to alarm the person she was tailing. After about 2 minutes of walking in absolute silence in the darkness of the alley, Haneul managed to catch up just enough and suddenly jumped onto the person she was tailing and held her hands over their eyes.

 

"GUESS WHO!?" She shouted out eagerly.

 

"Sora-chan?!" The person shouted out, pulled Haneul's hands away from their eyes and suddenly spun around to look Haneul in the face. "Why, what would you be doing in some dungy alleyways of Tokyo?" They said earnestly through a big smile.

 

Haneul looked at her one of her better known friends, Yamamoto Daichi, and smiled. Daichi was through and through a street boy, and usually didn't mix with people of higher classes, Haneul being the only exception for him, being him and his gang's saviour. He was especially close to her in their gang though, being the only one in his gang who was ever willing to listen to Haneul even before the incident where she saved them.

 

"Guess!" She said, smiling a wide smile showing all her teeth.

 

"Mm…" Daichi thought for a few seconds but just couldn't think, "To visit me perhaps?" He said while smiling mischievously.

 

"Why of course!" Haneul joked and they laughed happily for a few seconds before their laughter calmed down. "No I'm only joking. I'm here for business. What are you doing here? I thought your gang didn't usually operate here?"

 

"Aww… I'm hurt. Truly." He said and pouted as he held his right hand over his heart, "But jokes aside, it's been a while since you've been here. We've actually moved bases. We're here now." He gestured around the place, "Would you like to see our new base? We actually only moved here last week, though, so it's still a bit messy."

 

"Since when was any grungy place with a bunch of adolescent boys neat anyway?" Haneul said smiling mischievously, "Anyway, yes I would like to see the others!"

 

Daichi pouted. "So you're not satisfied with just seeing me huh? Then I'll leave you here to find the new base yourself!" He said and stalked off jokingly.

 

"Yah! You know even if you try and leave me here I can easily follow you." Haneul said while slowly jogging next to him, "Aigoo. Why do I have to jog to keep up with your power walks now? My baby brother has grown so much!" Haneul whined. "How tall are you now? 1.75?"

 

"1.78 to be exact." Daichi said with a hint of satisfaction in his voice, "Anyway, we're here now."

 

"That was fact." Haneul commented and then quickly leaned next to his ear and whispered, "You run in and pretend there's been an emergency and then make them all run out! Tell them an old buddy of theirs has come to visit. Of course they won't know you mean it literally. And then I'll attack, okay?" She leaned back away from him and winked bemusedly.

 

Daichi looked at her and both of them slowly had mischievous grins spread over their faces. "Alright then." he said and winked back at her. He breathed in a deep breath and then looked over at Haneul and told her to quickly hide only to find she already disappeared. He took in another deep breath then swiftly kicked down the door and shouted into his gang "The Swallows" base, "GUYS! COME QUICK! IT'S URGENT!" He shouted.

 

Soon 5 teenage boys half ran half walked towards the door while trying to put on their tops, but struggling because of how tired they were. "What's the problem, Daichi?" They grumbled and then threw their tops on the ground annoyed because they couldn't be bothered to put them on.

 

"It's…" Then Daichi trailed off. The Leader, Ryuu, wasn't there. Haneul would want to see Ryuu tonight. "Where's Ryuu-sama?" He asked blankly while blinking his eyes.

 

"He's dealing with some contacts of ours and sent me here instead." the sub leader Yasuo grumbled, "Now out with it."

 

"No. Get Ryuu. It's important. An old buddy of ours can come to visit us." Daichi replied with what he hoped was a grim expression on his face.

 

"What!?" All 5 of the boys who were there replied suddenly awake, "Which ones!??" They asked Daichi urgently.

 

"No." Daichi shook his head, "Just quickly get Ryuu. If we don't get out there soon our asses are gonna be kicked." He said and ran out before his prank was discovered because his acting was at its limits, he wanted to laugh out loud badly.

 

"DAICHI WHAT'S THIS I HEAR OF AN OLD BUDDY OF OURS!?" He suddenly heard the leader of his gang roar from behind him and he sincerely hoped Haneul was all ready to go according to the plan.

 

Daichi quickly ran a distance away and then heard his leader roar out, "WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING YAMAMOTO DAICHI!? COME BACK HERE." He turned back to see a sudden figure rush towards Ryuu with a glinting weapon in hand, which he suspected to be a small pen knife. Next thing he saw was his leader pressed up against the wall under a small flickering light with the knife pressed next to his next, and a slim figure whom he suspected was Haneul with black material wrapped around to disguise herself. She reminded him much of a ninja.

 

"You. Who are you? What do you want with me?" Ryuu simply replied calmly with a sharp and cold look in his eyes, which Daichi liked to call his 'Metal' look.

 

"I… I…" He heard Haneul start answering in a low nasally voice unlike her usual one. She was probably trying to disguise her voice, and so far it seemed to be working. And then Daichi saw her suddenly pocket away the pen knife and hug him around his waist, all in one swift motion which could not have been longer than 2 whole seconds. "MAN I'VE MISSED YOU!" She suddenly shouted at Ryuu in her normal voice. "GUESS WHO IT IS!"

 

Ryuu's eyes suddenly widened and then softened and grabbed Haneul as well hugging her back, "Man! You-… Why did you and Daichi plan something like this!" He exclaimed while glaring in Daichi's general direction as he couldn't actually see properly in the dark, "Daichi come here at this moment! It's your leader's command!"

 

Daichi slowly walked over towards him while clutching his stomach and laughing, "Man Leader! You should've seen the look on your face! You thought it was serious!" He said through his laughs while walking over to his leader and Haneul and then his hand reached out to ruffle Haneul's hair, but Ryuu protectively pulled her away while they were still hugging.

 

"You little… I will punish you later for pulling me away from the business I was dealing with!! It was important as well!!" He scowled and then turned to Haneul and his expression suddenly changed to that of a soft one, "My imouto-chan. Did this boy here influence you badly and force you to do this? Tell onii-chan so he can punish him for you!" He said and then quickly threw a glare in Daichi's direction.

 

Haneul was silently giggling the entire and shook her hand. "Ani. Ani." She replied in Korean even though they were Japanese, as she knew they would understand her anyway, "It was actually my idea!" She said while pulling herself away from the hug a little to point at herself with a wide grin on her face.

 

Ryuu still didn't blame Haneul though, and pushed the blame onto his fellow gang member, "Daichi! You've been influencing her badly!" He said pointing with an accusing finger at Daichi, "Haneul don't learn from him, ne?" He said after turning to Haneul.

 

Haneul just laughed and replied in Korean again, "Arasso, arasso!" She laughed again after talking. And then straightened her face again, "Anyway I think you should get back to whatever business you were dealing with" she said and gestured ever so slightly with her head back towards the entrance of their hideout. "I think whoever you're dealing with might get impatient soon."  She then ushered him towards the entrance of the hideout and pushed him in and gestured towards where she assumed he came out from.

 

"Alright, alright." He called out to Haneul who was behind him pushing him towards the door with a wide grin on her face showing off her pearly whites. "I'll go take care of business first then come see you. Why don't you stay over tonight?"

 

Haneul mulled it over, and decided that nobody would mind if she didn't go to her mother's place today. "Alright then!" She cheerily replied, "I'll stay over tonight! Dozo yoroshiku! KeKe~"

 

"Really should you be saying dozo yoroshiku to us NOW?!" Ryuu said as he laughed. "After all these years of us looking after you!"

 

"Aigoo. Whatever onii-chan! Just go in and take care of your business already!"

 

"Arasso, arasso." Ryuu replied in his strange sounding Korean.

 

"Onii-chan your Korean sounds funny." Haneul said pouting, "Just stick to Japanese!"

"Fine!" He exclaimed while pouting and went back in to take care of whatever business he was dealing with before Haneul came.

 

Haneul glanced around at the other gang members who had gathered around and were all smiling at her happily. She was extremely close with all the members, and they were all close with each other. Haneul thought of all of them as brothers, and as Haneul was probably one of few girls that they knew, a few of them probably liked her in a way an older brother shouldn't like a younger sister. Haneul, of course having not much experience with emotions didn't know this, and simply loved them all like a sister would love her brothers. She peered at the boys through the dark and they all had outstretched arms waiting for a hug from her. She stepped a little bit closer about to hug the one in the middle who was Yasuo, the sub-leader when she realised he had no top on.

 

"Yah~ Yasuo-niichan!" She grumbled and then pouted slightly, "Why don't you have a top on!? And the rest of you too!" She then started to list the boys that were there in age order, "Chitose, Akihiko, Kazu and even our baby Kintaro! Aigoo aigoo!"

 

Kazu raised his eyebrows at her, "Somebody seems a bit flustered to see our hot b-…"

 

Haneul cut him off, "You're all going to get sick!" She harrumphed and crossed her arms across her chest and started tutting, "What if you all get sick! How will you defend against base attacks!"

 

They all raised their eyebrows at her. This girl was as strange as ever. A normal teenage girl her age would have been squealing from their hot bodies, or would be telling them to put their tops back on because she was getting a bit nervous when they had their tops off. But of course, they didn't expect any of that from Haneul, a girl who was raised so carefully and whose social skills were a bit strange.

 

"Fine, fine!" They all said to Haneul, "But give us a hug first!" Kintaro the maknae there said.

 

Haneul stared at all of their bare top halves and began nervously, "Uhhh… But… It seems a little bit inappropriate?" She started saying nervously.

 

They laughed. Finally she was showing signs of nervousness in the presence of 5 topless guys. But probably not for the reasons normal girls would get nervous for. They knew it was probably due to her careful upbringing that she simply knew it wasn't right for guys going around topless and hugging girls. But she gave in anyway.

 

"Fine!" She said pouting and crossing her arms in front of her chest once again, "But just this once! Next time on such a cold night I want to see you guys with your tops on!" As soon as she finished saying that she immediately hugged Yasuo tightly. After hugging Yasuo, she started hugging all the others boys. Daichi just stood there laughing softly at Haneul and how straight forward she was with everything.

 

After awhile, Haneul went inside the base with the rest of them. They talked and caught up on things that had happened in the long time Haneul hadn't visited them. Yasuo led her to Ryuu's room after awhile, which was the most spacious and luxurious room they had at their hideout. "Here." Yasuo said, "Stay in Ryuu's room. It's the finest we've to offer, I'm sorry. You can also wear Ryuu's clothes for your pajamas, I'm sure our leader won't mind." He said and smiled at her warmly.

 

"No!" Haneul exclaimed, "I can't take Ryuu's room!" She said pouting, "Just let me sleep in a room with Daichi or something!" Haneul really didn't mind. Daichi was like a younger brother to her after all.

 

"No, it's fine!" Yasuo simply exclaimed, "Ryuu can sleep with one of us tonight! It's not right letting you sleep in a room with Daichi! Please remember you are still a young girl!" He simply said and left. Haneul raised an eyebrow but decided to let it go. Since she only had her small Coach shoulder bag with her, she didn't have any spare change of clothes on her. She went to Ryuu's dresser and opened the top drawer and found that it was his pant drawer. She found a pair of loose pajama pants. They were quite large on her in terms of width, but in terms of length they were fine due to her long legs. She then looked in the second drawer and looked for the smallest top she could find. The smallest one was still quite large on her slender frame but she just had to deal with it. And she didn't mind anyway, she had worn the boys' clothes quite a few times when she stayed over with them occasionally.

 

After Haneul changed into their clothes, she flopped back onto Ryuu's double bed and thought about how she hadn't seen the boys in so long. She chuckled to herself, "Even our baby Kintaro's grown!" She said aloud to herself, "I wonder how tall he is now…" She trailed off and so did her line of thoughts. She thought back to the man she met for the second time today. "Who exactly is he…" She whispered softly to herself. She shook the thoughts out of her head and decided to finally go to sleep for the day. She had a long day today. That night in her dreams, she dreamt of herself running through a long tunnel, and every time she thought she'd finally made it out of the tunnel, she'd find herself in another one. The tunnels seemed to never end.

 

Glossary

-chan - Suffix to denote closeness

Sora - Means sky in Japanese. Shortened nickname for "Sorami"

 

-------------------------------

A/N

 

Also, if anyone was wondering, Sorami's actually Haneul's Japanese name. Sorry I forgot to say that earlier. I'm a little forgetful like that ^.^

 

And this was such a pointless chapter ^.^"
I'm sorry. These characters will become more important later on. I promise.