Finally in Korea

Fancy Meeting You Here

 

“Geez!” Haneul heard Miyoung say before she even appeared around the corner, “You girls sure like to take your time talking!” She flashed them a quick smile the moment they turned the corner, before it disappeared right off her face, almost as if the girls were hallucinating when they saw it. She quickly spun around on her heels, and walked straight back to the chrome table where they previously were. “I’ve already picked out some equipment for you girls, if you don’t mind, in the time you girls were chatting away.”

She picked up five of the pocket pen Haneul was eyeing before and passed it to Haneul, “I know you were eyeing this, so take it.” She then picked up a packet of skull and bow clips she obviously prepared already in the time Haneul and Hwayoung were talking and tossed it at Haneul. Haneul’s facial expression did not display the alarm she was feeling on the inside. She carefully used her right index and thumb to pinch a corner of the plastic packet that was containing it, and let it swing backwards a bit in her hands, then gently dropped it into her left hand. “Nice catch Haneul.” Miyoung said, her eye not even on Haneul while picking up other equipment from the table, “Can’t have an accident in here, can we?” She turned back and winked at Haneul.

After they had collected all the equipment that they would need, (including another 3 special function laptops, 2 eavesdropping mp3 players, 3 multi-functional pencils, 37 button bugs, 4 telephone wallets, 2200 won worth of exploding 100 won coins, 750 worth of 50 won coins, 7 pairs of sunglasses with functions like the previously mentioned ones Haneul wore in all the colours of the rainbow, 3 small fingerprint sensitive touch pad communicating mirror, 4 special customised and fire-proof jumpsuits, 13 nail polish bottles of liquid nitrogen and 5 speed boosting sole trainers) Haneul just put them all into a Coach bag she seemingly pulled out of nowhere, and walked towards the elevator while calling out to Miyoung with her back facing her, “See you in Seoul sometime! I’m assuming my new passport and ticket are already at the front desk!” She waved back to Miyoung without even turning back and pressed on the button for the elevator.

Hwayoung just hurriedly followed after Haneul. The two of them stepped into the elevator slowly, but confidently. Haneul just pressed the button for ground floor, and when it arrived, Haneul pulled out her sunglasses and put them on, then pulled out another blue pair for Hwayoung. The two of them stepped out of the elevator in the same manner they stepped in. Haneul briskly walked over to the same front desk lady she greeted on her way in, “Suzuki Mieko-san wishes for you to pass on the documents she sent to be printed here.” Haneul said confidently with a smile on her face. The woman nodded, then just passed on a bulky manila folder over to Haneul who just took it, stepped backwards one step and bowed politely then walked towards the exit. Hwayoung once again just wordlessly followed her out.

Haneul quickly spotted a yellow buggy with the designated driver leaning against the hood with his fedora hat pulled down low to cover his face while he held what was supposedly that morning’s paper, but Haneul knew better It was last week Tuesday’s, and anybody holding that paper must be insane to be reading it a whole week and a half late. And plus, the fedora hat was actually a gadget in disguise that Haneul had once used before. She could easily recognise it by the pinstripe design and highly flammable ribbon tied around it. Haneul inwardly groaned at the yellow buggy and how much it stood out, but calmly walked over to it anyway. When she opened the front passenger seat door, she was standing just half a metre away from the man leaning on the hood. “Password.” She heard the English words so quietly, with no movement from his mouth whatsoever, like a ventriloquist. It was just so quiet, that it may as well have been whispered by the wind. She blinked a few times. She didn’t remember receiving a password, so she just continued to climb in and gestured Hwayoung to sit in the back seat as well.

Suddenly, she felt the presence on her right grab her arm in a familiar manner. “As I said before, password please.” She heard the man menacingly rumble to her, once again in English. She stared at the man who had heterochromia eyes, one a piercing and almost glowing blue, and the other, the dullest of dull greys. She hoped they were contacts, because they were starting to unnerve her, a trained agent. Then she heard the next few words and it clicked.

“Miss Sky… I suggest you hurry this up.” He said, leaning in further and further towards her face, almost as if he were slowly kissing her. Hwayoung narrowed her eyes at this man suspiciously, then she noticed his right hand slowly tilting forwards along with his body, so naturally, towards the manila envelope Haneul was holding.

“Haneul!” Hwayoung shouted, but it was too late. As quickly as Hwayoung had shouted, the man, in one fluid motion, took the manila envelope, and ran away. Haneul gasped and Hwayoung stared in shock that the sunbae she had always admired, be it disrespectful brat who was younger than her or not, had managed to lose the manila envelope so quickly.

Haneul was the first to start running, and did so immediately, almost as if there was no in between reaction time, right after she gasped. “Stay!” She shouted at Hwayoung quickly. Hwayoung blinked twice, then just sat there and waited. Haneul’s speedy legs quickly powered her run to a fast sprinting speed, even though she knew that they may not be a short distance run. She saw the man weave in and out of the crowd and she did exactly that. Normal citizens darted apart and shouted at them in annoyance as they ran past. The man suddenly disappeared from Haneul’s vision, and she knew he must’ve turned a corner.

Haneul turned into the corner she guessed he too turned into, and felt someone’s long, thin fingers grab both her arms, twist them around onto her back and quickly tie a rope around them and tie a quick knot around her two wrists. Haneul almost split her legs 180 degrees apart and attempted to high kick somewhere around about 170cm up high since she remembered that she estimated the man in the tunnel’s height to be 180cm. The man bent backwards and ducked slightly and grabbed her right foot which was in the air where his face was previously just seconds ago. He lifted Haneul’s entire body up with her right foot and dangled her facing away from him. Her leg kicked backwards towards his right shoulder and he dropped her and swerved just in time. She twisted and spun her body around in mid-air and stuck her fingers away from her body slightly to use them as balance as she craned her head forwards to protect her head while landing half on her feet and half on her fingers.

She quickly rolled up from her awkward position and felt déjà vu from when she was in the tunnel and she too, had her wrists tied up and too, was rolling on the floor. and bumped backwards into the man. She tried to spin around, but within a split second she felt the unmistakable feeling of cold, sharp metal against her neck. She froze. “Better not try anything funny, Miss Sky.” He said in Korean, “Ah. Let us speak in Korean, hey? Since you were so confident I was Korean last time we met.” Haneul gulped and felt the area of skin on her neck rise up slightly and brush against the sharp edge of the knife, “Now. Why did you follow me here, Miss Sky?” She heard the gruffness of his voice disappear, and return to the velvety smooth voice she remembered from last time.

“How about you remove the knife away from my neck, and I tell you?” Haneul said warily, hoping that her neck didn’t get cut as she spoke due to the skin rising up and down.

“You’re still a fool in my books, if you thought that I would fall for that one.” He said annoyed, placing emphasis on the word ‘fool’, “Nice try though, Miss Sky.” He said, then moved the knife and inch away from her, “Here. Now you won’t have to worry about being cut, so spill. How did you track me down?”

“I didn’t.” Replied Haneul simply, “It was simply pure coincidence I met you here.”

“Sure, sure.” He replied unconvinced, “We work in the same field. Well, somewhat. I won’t tell you exactly what I do though. And either way, I know for a fact none of us believe in pure coincide-”

“I do.” Haneul replied bluntly, cutting into his sentence, “Unless you want to call it fate? Destiny? I sure don’t. Those words seem to somewhat carry romantic connotations about them, and as you said, we work in the same field.” She paused, then went on to mimick his tone and voice,” And I know for a fact that none of us have time for romantic interests.”

“Really? You? A spy? Working for an organization such as the IAI. Believe in coincidence or even fate!?” He said, putting great emphasis on the word fate.

“Is that wrong?” Haneul asked with contempt in her voice.

“Heh.” He chuckled, “Wrong? No, no, I think you are misinterpreting my words. I never meant it was wrong. I simply thought it strange. You have been brought up to be a spy all your life, have you not?”

“I prefer the words ‘field agent’, thank you very much.” She butted in.

“Yes, yes. Now continuing what I was saying before someone so rudely interrupted me.”

“But you finished your sentence! And it was a question!”

“See what I mean? Be quiet! And it was a rhetorical question!”

Haneul simply pouted and let the stranger continue.

“Now anyways, as I was saying. Someone like you who has been training under the IAI since she was 5, all those years of being part of carefully planned schemes, believing in coincidences is just slightly hard to believe. I apologise for the misunderstanding, Miss Sky.” He whispered softly with his warm breath into her right ear, causing her to shiver and wonder why he always seemed to lean towards her ears and whisper teasingly into them, “Now please explain what you are doing here in Tokyo to me.”

“You tell me what you’re doing here. No? Well I guess it’s a no from me too then. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have better things to do than let myself be held down by some strange man I neither know the name nor face of. So please let go of me this instance.” Haneul said lightly attempted to push away from him, and surprisingly succeeded, though not without him placing an eye mask over her eyes and her listening to him bending down and attempting to tie her ankles together. She tried to move away, but he just grabbed onto her ankle and she tripped and crashed down onto her left should. She winced in pain.

“Aigoo…” He said, then sighed, “Such a stubborn girl. Just let me tie you up, will you?”

“What kind of a question is that. And no!” She yelled at him, hoping that somebody would notice the commotion going on in the alleyway.

He sighed again and just muttered, “I know this won’t be effective for long, but oh well.” Then 5 seconds later she felt a damp cloth covering and nose and she was knocked out again. Her last conscious thought before being knocked out was used up on cursing the man who always seemed to win against her.

----------

“So…” Haneul woke up to the tapping of someone’s feet. She groggily sat up straighter, or at least as straight as she could, and rubbed her eyes and tried to squint at the figure in front of her. Her eyes cleared to show an impatient Hwayoung. “We’re going to miss our plane to Seoul if you keep being so drowsy.”

“What time is it?” Haneul asked and tiredly rubbed her eyes as if she just woke up from a deep sleep, “Where am I?”

“We’re in the car right now, and this car is currently parked at Narita Airport. Have you un-grogged yourself enough to stand up and carry your luggage yet?” Hwayoung asked, impatiently tapping her fingers on her arm.

“Ah, yes. This car park looks familiar. Now, tell me, what time is it now, and what time does the plane leave?” Haneul asked her commandingly.

Hwayoung sighed, “It’s 4:27pm exactly right now, and the plane leaves at 5pm. We’re travelling via Korean Air.”

Haneul clapped her hands together, “So who said we were going to miss it, ey? We still have 10 or so minutes before they close departure.” She winked at Hwayoung, “Let’s hurry along now, Hwayoung.” She said, and opened the car door to rush out. She grabbed the small amount of luggage they both had from the trunk of the car and passed Hwayoung’s to her. “Come along now.” They two of them quickly put on their sunglasses and walked into the airport.

-----------------

“Ahh… It’s been a while since I was here in Seoul!” Haneul said as she took a deep breath of the Seoul air.

“It’s been… Let’s see… About 12 hours for me?” Hwayoung said, then laughed, “Too bad I didn’t get to see more of Tokyo. It was my first time there.”

“Really? One day I’ll take you to see more places. Show you places only locals will know, okay?” She said with a smile.

“No more alleyways where you’re knocked out?” Hwayoung answered her mischievously, “What did happen back there anyway? All I got was a text message with a GPS location to my phone from an unknown and untraceable number, I go to the location and you’re there knocked out with the envelope next to you.”

“Not now, Hwayoung.” Haneul said as she scrunched up her nose, “I’ll tell you when we get to my house tonight. Now let’s get going.” She turned away from Hwayoung and the two of them walked over to the taxi rank and got into a taxi which soon did a U-turn and drove away.

 

 

--------------------------------

A/N

Sorry guys I haven't updated in a few days!!!

I've also started a second fanfic (I know I really shouldn't, but...)

Link for it right below:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/128811/unable-to-live-without-you-literally

It features ZE:A, SNSD and MYNAME and another one of my OCs!