Oppa please don't get angry at me

Fancy Meeting You Here

 

The moment he looked her in the eye though, he quickly shut the door. She frowned at the door. “That was strange.” She muttered to herself as she just put on her top and shorts and walked out the door to see a bunch of boys screaming at Kevin.

“Guys what’s wrong?” Haneul blinked innocently at them, “Why are you all yelling at Sunghyun?”

“Because he walked in on you changing of course!” Kiseop yelled at him, “He probably saw you or something! Apologise for walking in without knocking now!” He yelled at Kevin whacking him across the head.

“Ah, but I wasn’t .” Haneul said while blinking innocently, “I was just in my undergarments, that’s all.” She said with a smile. Hwayoung then realised that Haneul was a little insensitive to these matters, for her body had been measured exactly before from when she was young till now by both genders.

“That’s not much better, Haneul…” Soohyun said and smacked his forehead.

“How is it not better? At least I was wearing something?” Haneul asked, obviously confused.

Hwayoung quickly grabbed Haneul and whispered into right ear, “Haneul. To normal people being seen in your undergarments is almost equivalent to being .”

“Ah, but it’s almost equivalent, not quite equivalent yet, is it?” Haneul whispered back.

Hwayoung simply whacked her forehead gently and sighed, “Oh lord, what to do with this girl.” She sighed then announced loudly, “I’m sorry. Haneul’s common sense is just a little bit off sometimes. Please put up with her idiocy.”

“Hey. I’m not an idiot.”

“Oh, yes you are. I don’t care if you’re some child prodigy, you’re still an idiot in this area.”

“Am not!”

“Are so!”

“Am n-”

*Ding dong* Everyone’s heads turned towards the door.

“Haneul, did you invite someone today? At…” Hwayoung looked down at her watch, acting as if she didn’t automatically know the time, “6:39 in the morning?”

“No?” Haneul answered, more like a question than anything else, “I don’t remember doing so.”

*Ding dong* The doorbell rang again. Haneul opened the door and then quickly darted away from the door.

“Yah! Jang Haneul when did you become so fast at ducking away from oppa’s hugs?” She heard a familiar voice call out to her. Then the owner of the voice blinked a few times. “Haneul… You have guests…?” He furrowed his eyebrows, then realised he recognised one of them, “Oh hey! Hwayoung! Nice to see you again! When was the last time we met again?” He raised his hand up in recognition.

“I believe it was a year and 5 months ago.” Hwayoung calmly replied, “What are you doing here anyways, Woohyun?”

“Well, when I heard that Haneul here had returned to Seoul, of course her favourite oppa here had to come to see her!” He said then immediately turned around and tackled Haneul on the ground for a hug.

“Oppa!” Haneul laughed while whacking his back, “Get off me already!”

“Haneul-ah…” She heard Dongho’s voice say from behind Woohyun, as she couldn’t actually see him over Woohyun’s broad shoulders.

“Yeah?” She said with muffled against Woohyun’s shoulder as she popped her eyes over the top of his shoulder.

“Who is this hyung?” He said with wide, open eyes innocently blinking.

Haneul was seen blinking a few times before she suddenly slipped downwards and out of Woohyun’s arms. “This is my Woohyun oppa.” She said happily as she spun him around to face everybody else and held onto his left arm with both her arms with a smile on her face, “He was the one I told you guys about in the photo?” She said and hugged his arm tighter while snuggling even more onto him with an even huger smile on her face.

“You’ve been telling people about me?” Woohyun said with a slight frown then couldn’t help it and broke out into a smile out of pure joy although seconds later his face turned serious and he spoke in a mock serious tone to Haneul. “Jang Haneul. What is this? Why have you been telling people about your Woohyun oppa? Is there anything I should know?” He asked as he flicked her forehead gently with his finger.

“Ouch! Yah… Oppa!” Haneul said and pouted as she let go of his arm to rub her forehead.

“Ah, no. Don’t let go of my arm yet. Oppa is sorry.” He said and wrapped her arms around his left arm again and rubbed the spot where he flicked her softly, “Aigoo… Such a baby… You think something like that hurts? Here, let oppa kiss it better.” He said and puckered up his lips and moved towards her forehead.

“What the… No!” She said and let go of his arm and ran away and hid behind Hwayoung. “Hwayoung… Protect me from that grease monster!”

“Alright, alright. The two of you, that’s enough.” Hwayoung said and sighed as she covered her face with her left hand and sighed, “You two are such kids.”

Soo Jin raised an eyebrow at Haneul’s behaviour around this boy called Woohyun. She was so different to how Soo Jin had expect her to be just by being around this boy. She wondered if the two of them were going out by any chance. She sighed and thought to herself to stop butting into other people’s business and that if they were going out to leave it alone.

“So… Do we get breakfast?” Dongho said as his tummy suddenly let out a loud grumble and everyone laughed.

“Of course you do!” Haneul exclaimed as she realised that with the excitement of Woohyun’s visit she had forgotten that they needed to have finished eating and be out the door by at least 7:25 to make it to their photo shoot in time. She looked at her watch. “Oh . It’s 6:45 already. Right, I’m on it guys.” She said as she quickly walked towards the kitchen conveniently dragging Hye Su with her… literally. “Hye Su-sshi, you help me.” Haneul said.

After Haneul was safely out of hearing range (Haneul’s hearing range), Woohyun walked up to all the leftover people and said in a threatening voice, “You people had better tell me what connection you have to Haneul, or I’m going to kill you all in very painful ways.”

“Woah, woah. Calm yo , bro… Though of course, you have none or I’d be worried.” Jaeseop playfully said which earned a glare from Woohyun, “Do you not know who we are? I mean whilst we’re not that successful or popular, we’re rather famous.”

“What?” Woohyun said furrowing his eyebrows, “Who are you guys?”

“Well the girls you might not know… yet… But us guys here are an idol group. We’re called U-Kiss. Ever heard of us before?” Soohyun explain to a very confused looking Woohyun.

“Ahhh…” Woohyun nodded, “I see how it is. I don’t keep up with the idol world, you see.” Woohyun explained to the boys as to why he didn’t know who they were.

“Well no .” Dongho muttered and rolled his eyes which earned him a whack across the back of the head from Soohyun.

“Okay. So what connection do you have to my Haneul?” Woohyun said possessively while straightening his back and crossing his arms together, “Tell me. Now.” He said commandingly.

They all raised their eyebrows at his possessiveness towards Haneul and their suspicion that the two of them were dating grew further. Only Haneul knew the truth about the situation and that it was a completely one sided love on Woohyun’s side. It had at least been that way for the past 5 years Haneul had known him.

“Ummm…” Kiseop started with a confused voice, “You and Haneul are close… right?”

“Right.” Woohyun nodded.

“So how come you don’t know what’s happening?” Kiseop said with a frown on his face.

“Wait, what?” Woohyun said confused, “What’s happening?”

“Well… ‘Your’ Haneul is going to be debuting in a girl group with our company soon. Along with these girls here,” Kiseop paused to point to all the girls, “And that girl called Hye Su that Haneul dragged to the kitchen…” He paused and blinked a few times with wide innocent eyes, “You really didn’t know?”

“What the…” Woohyun frowned then charged straight into the kitchen, “Jang Haneul you have some explaining to do!” A few seconds later everyone in the living room heard a shouting contest between the two people.

“No! I’m cooking!”

“No. Jang Haneul, you will explain to me now.”

“Not now!”

“Now!”

“Later!”

“Now!” He commanded with a booming voice. But Haneul wouldn’t give in as she continued to flip the pan with a pancake in it.

“Later. Look, oppa, I promise I’ll tell you later, so just be patient. I’m sure you can be patient, oppa.” She said and turned to him to flash him a brief smile, “It’s what people like us have just got to be like.” She said quietly with a soft and sad smile on her lips, just barely audible over the sound of her cooking.

He looked at her soft smile and gave in immediately with a sigh. He had never grown immune to those little soft smiles of hers that caused his knees to go weak. “Fine… But I give you a maximum of 15 minutes, do you hear me? I’ll wait for you in your bedroom.” He said and walked out of the kitchen, past all the spectators (more like eavesdroppers) in the living room and slammed the door to Haneul’s room behind her. Hwayoung winced at the sight of him slamming the door. It would take even Haneul a little while to convince him to stop being cross later.

Not even a minute later, Hye Su walked out with the first stack of pancakes and 2 bottles of premium Canadian maple syrup Haneul had personally bought from a maple syrup farm in Canada. Another further 5 minutes later and Hye Su walked out with another batch of pancakes and yet another further 5 minutes later Hye Su brought the last batch out while Haneul brought out juice and milk. “Does anyone want coffee?” Haneul asked with a smile on her face. Kevin, Soohyun, Jaeseop and Soo Jin raised their hands. “What type?”

“Americano!” Jaeseop called out eagerly.

“A flat white please.” Kevin said politely.

“Café au lait, please.” Soo Jin said, equally as politely as Kevin.

“Black Eye.” Soohyun said and smiled.

“Alright then.” Haneul said with a smile. She retreated into the kitchen and made the four cups of coffee then called the four people into the kitchen to retrieve their coffees. She then made another two cups of vanilla latte. She then carried it to her bedroom pretending to be a little unstable, not showing off her great balance.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Kevin said as he stood up and left his pancakes and coffee to help her with the cup of latte she had made for herself. She smiled up brightly at him which made him feel unable to not return her smile. She opened her bedroom door carefully to find a pouting Woohyun immediately turn around to face the door.

“Yah. I give you 15 minutes max and you come in here after 17 minutes?” He said crossly and crossed his arms in front of him with a big pout, “How could you!”

Haneul chuckled. “Sunghyun-sshi, it’s fine now. Just give me that cup and close the door after you.” Haneul said as her lips curled up into a slight smile. He nodded, handed her the cup and just closed the door behind him. Haneul immediately walked over quickly with the coffees and handed one cup to Woohyun.

“Oppa…” Haneul said and puffed up her cheeks and placed her cup down gently on her dressing table and went over to him and held onto his arms and snuggled onto it. “Don’t be mad… Please?” She said and looked up at him with innocent eyes.

“Haneul-ah, if that still worked on your oppa here who has been your best friend for 10 years, then what am I? Stupid?” He said as he flicked her forehead and pouted at her.

“Oppa’s really cross with me?” Haneul said in a serious and worried voice and decided to drop her silly act, “I’m sorry… That I didn’t tell you about something so important like this…”

“Haneul!” He said urgently, “By doing this you are putting yourself in the spotlight and more people will know you and recognise you!” He said with pleading eyes, “Please don’t do this.”

“I need to…” She said softly while avoiding his eyes.

“And why is that?” He asked the question that Haneul really didn’t want to answer. It involved her failure and Haneul remembered what happened to someone she loved last time she had failed.

“I can’t tell you…” Haneul said so softly that even though Woohyun was just a mere few centimetres away from her and had good hearing, he had to strain his ears to hear what she said. Luckily for him though, he just managed to hear it.

“Why is that?” His voice turned cold, “What is it that you can’t tell your best friend of 10 years? Or am I not really your friend of 10 years?” He said as he swiftly and strongly pulled his arm away from hers and years of training or not she almost fell over. “What happened at the Fukuoka base exactly that time that you can’t tell me? Surely you did realise that I wasn’t convinced by your lie that time?”

“I realised.” Haneul said and then sighed, “And of course you’re my best friend of 10 years, just as I hope you think I’m yours too. I can’t tell you though oppa… I’m so sorry…” Haneul said grimly and stared at her piano player fingers which suddenly seemed so interesting to her.

He sighed and ruffled her hair, “Aish! Why not!” He shouted loudly.

“I just can’t…” Haneul said and bit her lip, glad that her room was soundproofed. “Please believe me when I say that there’s a good reason I can’t tell you oppa… Please don’t get angry at me… Or at least… Not any angrier.”

-------------

A/N

And Woohyun makes his second appearance~~~ 8D