Getting to know Lee Hwayoung

Fancy Meeting You Here

 

"Hey songsaengnim,” Haneul called to her long time mentor as she, along with her mentor and new partner-in-crime, except not so much in crime but rather fighting against crime, stared at a huge chrome table set up with innumerable amounts of field equipment(and innumerable is quite correct, as much of the equipment could be pulled apart to then form two separate pieces of equipment, so therefore no exact number could be given as to how much equipment was on that table), “Can I ask what exactly we’re doing here? Like, here, staring at all this equipment.”

 

“We’re finding equipment for you to take for your independent investigation, which has now become a duo investigation, I’m sorry about that, but you know. I’ve already planned it out for a while now, so it’s a bit late to change plans now. Unless you want your record to have a stain on it for not listening to authority, then by all means go ahead.”

 

“Nah. Hwayoung’s fine with me now, aren’t you Hwayoung?” Haneul said to Hwayoung without even taking her eyes off the pocket pen/knife/laser which had an extra function of super loud alarm which would call at 150 decibels, or you could switch it to another function useful in case of emergencies like the previously mentioned alarm, which would send a GPS location to 5 international intelligence agencies in the world. She had always been itching to try ever since the IAI put the finishing touches on. (and those finishing touches would be the alarm and GPS locator)

 

“Ah, yes. You will have to uphold your side of the deal though.”

 

“Right.”

 

“So, which would you like to take Haneul? Which do you think will seem suitable or acceptable for a ‘K-Pop Star’ to have with her?” Miyoung asked, picking up the pen Haneul was eye-ing before and giving her an all knowing look.

 

“K-POP STAR?!” Hwayoung yelled incredulously, “THAT’S WHAT YOU’RE DOING? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU EVEN INVESTIGATING!?” She yelled, causing many lab workers to turn around and stare at them.

 

“Like I said before, though of course I can’t blame you as you weren’t there when I said it, but, I’ll investigate what I want, and I’ll do it however I want in a way that won’t break any rules.” Haneul replied calmly, once again not looking at Hwayoung when speaking, while picking up a small purple hairclip with a pink bow which had a small diamante on it, which was actually a very small plastic explosive. To activate, you hold down the small diamante in the middle for ten seconds, then throw it far, far away from you. Not great for big booms, but good for a quick getaway. “Can I have a couple of these, songsaengnim?” She asked, “They do come in different colours, right? I mean, pink and purple aren’t really my colour, I don’t think.”

 

Miyoung nodded, “Well, not that shade of purple anyways. It’s a cheap, disgusting purple. I think they have some other better shades that match you more. Though really I don’t think clips with bows suit you anyway. Hmm… How about the ones with the skulls instead?”

 

“There are ones with skulls?”

 

“Yeah, sure. Sometimes I think your observation abilities fail a little.”

 

“Ah… Yes… I tend to miss some things sometimes.”

 

“Um, guys?” Hwayoung said, waving her hand in front of Haneul’s face causing Haneul to turn and look at her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Well, Haneul, am I going to have to pretend to be a K-Pop star with you?”

 

“Well, you probably will have to, to make it seem less suspicious, I suppose?”

 

“Oh no…” She trailed off, and sighed.

 

“Problem?”

 

“The whole singing and dancing thing… Isn’t really my style.”

 

“Oh really? Sing for me then?” Haneul said and put down the necklace with explosive beads on it to turn around and look at Hwayoung expectantly, “Go on. Sing!”

 

“Well… My singing…”

 

“What’s wrong with it?”

 

“It’s not that great…” Hwayoung said, scratching the nape of her neck awkwardly, “I don’t think I can be your partner if it’s like this then…”

 

“No. This is from your sunbae, and yes I’m sorry I’ve only been able to uphold my side of the deal for little longer than 17 minutes, but your sunbae is commanding you to sing. Or dance. Either is fine. Or you can try rapping?”

 

“Well… Can I dance anything I want then? Because I dance a little better than I sing.”

 

“Yes. Of course.” Haneul replied simply, “Songsaengnim, can we go to a training hall to watch her dance?”

 

Miyoung nodded her head, and lead the two girls silently to a training hall. “Here. You’ll have plenty of space. And after the last training session two hours ago, it’s been all cleaned up so don’t worry about spikes or pins on the floor.”

 

Haneul just nodded her head towards Hwayoung, as if gesturing for her to start. “Go on.” Hwayoung just looked at Haneul, sighed, then started to warm up a little.

 

“It’s been  while since the last time I danced, just warning you.”

 

“Nah, it’s fine.” Haneul said, and leaned back to plop herself into a chair to watch.

 

“Right… Well here goes nothing.” Hwayoung muttered quietly while taking off her shoes, though not quietly enough for it to escape Haneul and Miyoung’s hearing.

 

Hwayoung then stood upright with perfect posture in the center of the hall, and began to dance. Haneul stared intently at her, taking in all of Hwayoung’s graceful movements. Hwayoung, of course, was dancing ballet. Haneul watched Hwayoung dance intently, finding herself being drawn in by each of Hwayoung’s graceful movements. Hwayoung suddenly flipped over a bit too low and Haneul almost gasped, worrying that Hwayoung was going to hurt herself, when Hwayoung landed in perfect splits. Haneul then realised that there was nothing to fear, and her face returned to its expressionless state.

 

Hwayoung then pushed herself back up from her position to hear Haneul’s slow and steady applause. She smiled up at Haneul, “So, sunbae. How was that?” She asked Haneul politely, hoping Haneul wouldn’t criticize her too badly.

 

“I’m not one who can judge, Hwayoung. I don’t do ballet.”

 

“Alright. So do you think I’m good enough to go ahead and join you in your independent investigation then?”

 

Haneul smiled brightly, “Yeah! Now let’s go back to looking at the equipment, shall we?”

 

As they walked back towards Lab 3, Haneul decided to ask Hwayoung a question.

 

“Hwayoung?” She began.

 

“Yeah?” she heard Hwayoung answer her.

 

“Why did you join the IAI?” She asked simply and sensed Hwayoung tensing slightly next to her, and heard the sound of Hwayoung’s footsteps cease. She too, stopped walking, and turned around to face Hwayoung. “Is there a problem? Did I just ask something I should not have?”

 

“Well. No.” Hwayoung quietly said, “I came here…”

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me, you know. Just say so.” Haneul sighed, “You don’t have to answer all my questions because I’m your sunbae. You’re still my elder, after all.”

 

“No… It’s fine… I’ll tell you. I came here, to return my gratitude to the IAI.”

 

“What?” Haneul said with surprised eyes, “To return your gratitude?”

 

Hwayoung's eyes seemed to drift off somewhere else and the look in them started to change as she began to speak again, “Yes… It was 5 years ago when it happened…”

 

--------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry~ It's a short chapter this time. :D

The Next chapter will be important~ It'll talk about Hwayoung's past and why she's here at the IAI.

Unfortunately, you guys my readers will have to sit tight and wait for Haneul's past. It'll explain alot of things, and as for you charmallama, it'll answer your question as to why she hates her father so much.

Though, since I'm such a slow updater you may have to wait a while ^.^"