You'll have to fight

Fancy Meeting You Here

 

“There, there.” Hwayoung said, biting back a laugh as she patted the top of one of the IAI’s top agents’ head, “I bought you another coffee. Stop complaining, okay?”

“Don’t treat me like a child.” Haneul said in an annoyed voice as she went over to sit on a sidewalk bench to eat, “I know what you’re thinking already.” The two girls sat down to quietly finish their food and drinks, then approached the NH Media Building together.

“I’m surprised this place is open already at a quarter past 7.” Hwayoung said with surprise in her voice, “What do they do all day long here anyway?”

“Only the lord knows.” Haneul muttered, then got stopped by the large group of girls swarming up the front shouting at the security guard. “Oh. Lord. How are we supposed to pass this group of girls? What the hell are they doing here making such a fuss so early in the morning. Shouldn’t they be going to school?”  Haneul muttered in annoyance.

“Let us in!” A few of them shouted, “We saw Soohyun oppa run in through here!”

“No! I saw Kevin oppa!”

“I’m afraid girls that even if they are indeed in here, you girls have no permission to enter. Unless you have business with President Kim.”

The girls simply blatantly ignored the yelling of the guard and continued to scream, “Kiseop oppa! It was Kiseop oppa who ran in!” The guard just sighed and continued to keep the small crowd of girls away.

“Hwayoung,” Haneul began.

“Yes?” Hwayoung asked.

“Create a distraction please.” Haneul ordered.

“How so?”

“Scream ‘Soohyun oppa’ or ‘Kevin oppa’ or whatever really loudly and point somewhere or something.” Haneul said, while rubbing her head to help relieve her headache from listening to all the screaming fangirls.

“Right…” Hwayoung said while a slight frown graced her perfect features temporarily, “Kyaa!” She started screaming in a high pitched voice very loudly which caused some of the girls to turn around to stare at her, “Was that Soohyun oppa!?” She screamed while pointing in a general direction far away, then ran towards that direction.

“Wah! Soohyun oppa?!” One of the girls screamed, then ran in the direction Hwayoung ran in. Soon all the girls ran in the direction that Hwayoung ran in too. Haneul frowned and wondered where Hwayoung was, and the moment the thought crossed her mind, Hwayoung jumped out of a bush and walked back over to Haneul.

“Mission complete…?” She asked.

“Yeah. Sure. Whatever.” Haneul replied simply with no emotion then walked up to the guard, “Since we did you the favour of clearing away all the girls, let us in.” Haneul said in a commanding voice.

The man frowned at Haneul and wondered why such a young girl was talking to him in such a disrespectful and commanding voice. “I’m afraid I can’t do that, miss.” He replied, “You’re just the same as any of the girls that just ran away.”

“Oh. Am I?” Haneul replied coolly, “But I have actual business with President Kim Nam Hee, believe it or not.”

“I choose not.” The guard replied as he snorted, “Why should I choose to believe you?”

“Ah!” A voice suddenly sounded out from behind the guard. The guard moved away to reveal a handsome and tall male, “You’re the girl I knocked over before, correct?” Haneul nodded. She didn’t forget faces. And she remembered (correctly) from Hwayoung’s documents that this man’s name was Shin Soohyun from the group U-Kiss, the only idol group NH Media managed at the present time. “Oh, I’m so sorry about before! I knocked over your coffee! Would you like to go get a coffee with me now that all the fangirls have cleared away?”

“No need.” Haneul replied coldly, “I already bought another one and finished it.”

“Oh… Then how can I apologise? Because I really am sorry.” He said, with the sound of a genuine apology in his voice, “I was running away from the fangirls before, you see.”

“Ah… Let us in then.” Haneul said, “Tell baldy here to let the two of us in and I’ll forgive you for the whole coffee ordeal.”

He seemed to think about it, but in the end decided to trust this girl. This girl didn’t seem like a fangirl anyway, and neither did her friend. Otherwise the two  of them would be squealing and shouting already. “Alright. Mr Kang, please let this girl and her friend in.”

“But!” He began to protest, until he was cut off again.

“No. Let them in. I’m sure they mean no harm anyway.”

The security guard glared at the two girls and muttered something about “Just because they’re beautiful” underneath his breath, which unfortunately all 3 people managed to hear, and moved grudgingly out of the way.

Haneul and Hwayoung opened the door and walked inside right past him. “Right, this will make things easier. Shin Soohyun, am I right?” Haneul asked politely.

He nodded and thought to himself, “She definitely isn’t a fan if she asks.”

“Lead me to President Kim Nam Hee’s office please. I have matters to discuss with him.” Haneul curtly said, “They’re very important.”

“Right…” He said slowly, “Come with me then…”

After about a 2 minute walk, they arrived outside an office with ‘President Kim Nam Hee’ neatly engraved with hangul on a bronze name plating on the door. Soohyun knocked on the door softly and was answered with a “Yes. Come in.”

The 3 of them stepped into the office and Haneul and Hwayoung immediately began sizing up the situation and analysing the office. “Hmm. Who are these two young ladies, Soohyun-ah?” He asked while peering at them and scrutinising them.

“This young lady requested a meeting with you.” Soohyun said gesturing to Haneul.

“And she would be…?” He trailed off waiting for Soohyun to complete the sentence.

“Ah… She is… Miss, what did you say your name was again?”

“I didn’t. But my name is Jang Haneul.” Haneul replied smartly after 2 full seconds of silence and thinking, using her real name.

“Ah. I see. Miss Jang Haneul, what did you request a meeting with me for, and how did you manage to get in?” He asked, still scrutinising both girls, “And who is your friend?”

“Lee Hwayoung.” Haneul said, before Hwayoung could reply, “And the two of us would like to talk about certain private matters with you, Mr Kim Nam Hee, so we were wondering if you could ask Mr Shin Soohyun here to clear out?”

“Of course. Soohyun, off you go!” He replied jollily. Haneul and Hwayoung both bowed to Soohyun and Haneul politely thanked him as he turned to go with almost a confused look on his face and closed the door behind him.

“Right. Down to business.” Haneul said sharply as she sensed Soohyun’s presence was no longer anywhere near the door, so he couldn’t be eavesdropping. She brought out a small badge to indicate her position. She saw the middle aged man draw in a sharp breath as she seemed to scrutinise her some more.

“I knew you weren’t normal.” He said with a smile, “I’ve always been told I’m a sharp observer.”

“Right. I’ll take that as a compliment.” Haneul said coolly, then tucked her badge back away. “Hwayoung and I have a request.”

“And that would be?”

“Take us in as idols.”

The man seemed to look very surprised at this. “Agents of the IAI wanting to become idols? This is simply absurd and unheard of!” He said as she threw his arms up.

“Of course, we have our own reasons. Or rather I do, and Hwayoung here is simply assisting me. If you refuse to co-operate, I may have to call in my contacts up at KT Corporation, the Chairman and CEO Lee Suk Chae and another inside director Pyo Hyun Myung. Oh, and let’s not forget I also have contacts at many other large corporations and companies, such as the BB Corporation. My uncle is the current CEO over there. So I rec-”

Kim Nam Hee cut in, “Ah, missy. There’s no need to threaten me with all your contacts. I know very much the damage you yourself could inflict on me, mentally, physically and socially. And I’m very prepared to allow the two of you to become idols, though I must tell you it’s not a fast path. How long do you have?”

“Not as long as I would like.” Haneul answered, “Could you debut us in the scene within 2 months from now?”

“Ah… Only if the two of you have the talent. Now, let’s get off the more threatening subjects and talk about more artsy, more idol-ly ones, shall we? What ‘talents’ do you two young ladies offer me? The more useful ones in the K-Pop industry of course. Telling me you can kill a full grown man with a strand of uncooked spaghetti isn’t going to help.” He added at the end with a chuckle as he leaned back into his chair.

“I can sing.” Haneul replied, “And Hwayoung can dance.”

“Oh. Can you?” He asked, almost mockingly, “How well can you sing, and how well can Miss Lee dance? And what kinds of singing and dancing?”

“I don’t know what kind of singing you would call mine. I have perfect pitch and can sing 4 and a half octaves at ease though, if that helps in any way.” Haneul replied evenly.

He seemed to raise an eyebrow in recognition, “4 and a half octaves? And what do you mean by ‘at ease’, Miss Jang?”

“I can do 5 if I try and stretch my vocal chords. But I usually don’t do that.” She replied simply.

“Ah… And perfect pitch too… A talented singer you are. Can you dance?”

“I learnt hip hop from a friend a while ago for a mission.”

“Ah… I see… So you can dance too… I will have to see how well later on. What about Miss Lee?”

Haneul looked at Hwayoung unsurely and gestured for Hwayoung to speak up. “I can do ballet and contemporary, but I’m not all that confident about my singing.” She replied with no emotion, though Haneul could tell she was nervous.

“Your voice sounds very smooth when you speak though, Miss Lee.” Kim Nam Hee replied as he placed his chin on a finger bridge, “Are you sure you can’t sing?”

“Well…” She said as she trailed off, “I tend to go off pitch.”

“Ah yes. That tends to be a problem. We’ll see about this. For now, I think I must tell the two of you that you came at just the right time. We were planning to create a girl group soon, but so far we only have 3 suitable girls picked out. We do have another trainee, but I do not believe she is ready yet. And I’m completely prepared to support the IAI at any time when they need help. I still owe them a huge favour, and I’ll pay it back by helping two of their young agents, though since when they used agents so young surprises me.” He finished talking, then opened his laptop and after a minute of silence, the sound of the printer was heard. He gestured to the printer which was next to Haneul and she picked up the piece of paper, scanned through it and nodded.

“I understand.” She replied as she passed the paper to Hwayoung who too scanned through it and nodded.

“Well, that’s good. That the two of you understand so quickly.” He said with a chuckle, “There is one last obstacle before I can officially make the two of you idols-to-bes though.” He said seriously. “The three girls I had already picked to become idols soon… The two of you will have to fight for their acceptance.”

“Why will we have to fight?” Hwayoung asked with emphasis on the last word.

“Let’s just say… The three of them… Aren’t very accepting of newcomers…” He said and sighed.

----------

A/N

Hehe... We've only met Soohyun so far... But Haneul and Hwayoung will be introduced to the three girls who will be part of their future group and the rest of U-Kiss in the next chapter!! :D

I promise promise promise I will upload the next chapter tomorrow!!!

Now, off to my writing desk so I can upload that chapter I promise tomorrow!