Chapter 2

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul woke up with a killer headache. It felt like her head is continuously being hit with a mallet at the same time breaking into small pieces. She groaned before trying to open her eyes but failed. 

"Where am I?" Heechul asked more to herself. 

"Oh... You're awake." Someone said from the side making her head hurt even harder. 

"Shut up." She said weakly opening her eyes just a bit to see a man sitting next to her. 

But the person had no intention of shutting up. " You hit your head pretty bad when you fell down. Don't worry you didn't break anything." The voice reassured. 

"Oh...." Heechul groaned as the memories of what happened came rushing back. 

"Here,  this'll reduce the pain." He said injecting something in Heechul's forearm. 

Heechul closed her eyes again as the pain killers started working. 

 

Sungmin followed the boy to a building and was lead to what looked like an office room completely empty but for the chairs and a desk. 

"The Alpha will be here soon. Take a seat." He said before walking out. 

Sungmin sighed as she thought of her bad luck. She had to call Heechul and make sure she's fine. Whatif someone caught her too. Sungmin thought worried about her best friend. The door to the room opened making Sungmin jump up with a surprised squeal. 

A tall handsome man walked in. Everything about him screamed authority and power. Sungmin had to admit he looked hot in a bad boy way with his brown hair in a y tousle. He didn't even spare Sungmin a glance as he passed her to reach the chair behind the table. Sungmin was still staring at the man as he sat opposite to her. 

"I'm Hangeng. Alpha of the Tan pack." He said in a deep voice. 

Sungmin nodded her head noticing a slight accent in his Korean. 

"Do you know Alpha Yunho?" He questioned his eyes serious. 

"No..." Sungmin mumbled. 

"Well, he knows you. He's the Alpha of the pack that you ran away from this morning. He called me and asked my help to catch you and hand over you back to him." Hangeng explained. 

"I didn't do anything. Me and my friend were just staying outside his territory." Sungmin said in a small voice. 

"You're lucky that it was Yunho. If it was me and you tried to escape you'll be dead by now." Hangeng said in a dead serious tone without any hint of humor in his voice. 

Sungmin swallowed and nodded her head. 

"We'll be leaving today evening." He said getting up. "Don't try to run away or I'll have to dissapoint Yunho by handing over your corpse." Hangeng warned seriously before walking out. 

Sungmin let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding as soon as Hangeng was out of the room. He was very handsome but had a very controlling personality to match that Sungmin had a hard time breathing in the same room as him. 

 

The next time Heechul woke up her head didn't hurt that much. She slowly blinked her eyes open and tried to sit up. Changmin noticing Heechul's action jumped up and helped her to sit in the bed. 

"Wait here. I'll get Yunho Hyung." He said before walking out. He came back after a few minutes with Yunho and Yoochun in tow. 

"Glad to see that you're finally awake. I'm Yunho, Alpha of the Jung pack." Yunho introduced. 

"Why am I here?" Heechul asked not introducing herself. "I didn't break any rules. I wasn't even in your land." 

"But you were close enough to my pack to know about us and study us. We can't trust a rouge, you all are plotting ways to break the peace in a pack." Yunho said back narrowing his eyes.

"Study your pack? Oh please.... Do I look like I have nothing better to do? Are you crazy?" Heechul asked scoffing. 

"I'm the Alpha here. I don't take it lightly when someone doesn't show me respect." Yunho growled getting angry. 

Heechul snorted and rolled her eyes at his outburst. "Whatever, see Mr Alpha , I got here by pure chance. Me and my friend only stopped her just because there were no packs in the town. We didn't even know about this pack until the man next to you approached us in the mall. I'm on my way to Mokpo and I have better things to do than spying on your pack." Heechul said back staring at him. 

"How can I trust what you're saying? You could be lying for all I know." Yunho said back smirking. 

"You'll never know." Heechul said smirking back. 

Yunho had to admit that she had some guts to talk back to him like that. But that doesn't mean he's liking it. "Don't push me." Yunho warned. 

"Or else what.. You'll kill me." Heechul asked challenge in her eyes. 

Yunho was seconds away from pouncing on her when Yoochun pulled him back. "Yun, let's take a break. We'll continue this after her friend gets here. Changmin, watch over her." Yoochun ordered before walking out pulling a growling Yunho with him. 

Heechul may look brave but on the inside she was really shaking with fear. She knew she was playing a danger

Please log in to read the full chapter