Chapter 29

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul kept silent throughout the ride to Siwon's pack. She could feel Hangeng's eyes on her from time to time through the rear mirror but she purposefully avoided any eye contact. She was worried sick over Jay and wanted an update from sungmin but she forgot her phone and was very prideful to ask Hangeng his phone.
The car stopped in front of a three story building making Heechul come out of her thoughts. Siwon and Kibum were waiting in front of the house. Eunhyuk excused himself and walked away.
"Come on." Hangeng said opening Heechul's door.
"I'm not coming." Heechul said back getting comfortable in the backseat. "Our deal was that I'll come with you. I never agreed about getting out of the car and coming inside to see Kibum hanging over you."
"Kibum what?" Hangeng asked in disbelief. "Heechul, I did what I promised and let your friend treat the rogue."
"You were the one who made him that way." Heechul countered back glaring at Hangeng. 
"Suit yourself." Hangeng growled banging the door shut. "She's not coming." He announced as he got to Siwon and Kibum. 
"But.." Kibum started to get stopped by Hangeng's look she sighed and followed Siwon and Hangeng inside. 
Heechul was dozing off since the past three days she haven't got much sleep when someone knocked on the window.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were sleeping." Siwon apologized. 
"I was just dozing off." Heechul said sitting up.
"Hangeng told me what happened." Siwon said looking at Heechul. 
"Are you here to talk to me for your friend? Save your speech. I'm not interested. " Heechul grumbled.
"I'm not. I'm here to invite you in. Come in please. Its dinner time." Siwon invited.
Heechul sighed before opening the door and getting out.
"I heard Sungmin's there." Siwon asked as they started walking.
"Yeah. You heard it right. What's it to you? You're the one who did the vanishing act on her." Heechul bit back.
"I found my mate, Heechul. What was I supposed to do? I didn't know how to break it to her. I'm sorry I disappeared on her. But I had no choice." Siwon explained. 
"Say your sorry to Min not me." Heechul said as they walked into the house. 
"Sorry for what?" Hangeng asked from the living room where Kibum was dressing his wounds.
Heechul tried her best to control the jealousy bubbling up inside her. "I was not talking to you. Nothing for you to hear." Heechul shot back.
"That looks new." Siwon commented pointing at Hangeng's shoulder trying to break the tension in the room.
"We were talking when I saw him wincing when he moved his shoulder. Apparently the rogue fought back." Kibum answered sparing Heechul a glance.
"Rogues are known for their wild nature. He's lucky he got out with just a scratch." Heechul commented nonchalantly while she was worried inside.
"Are you saying that I'm weak?" Hangeng asked back narrowing his eyes.
Siwon just clapped his hand to break the tension. "Enough guys. Heechul, come help me set the table.
"Do you want your friend killed?" Siwon asked as soon as they were out of Hangeng's earshot.
"How could you not be jealous?" Heechul asked turning around to face Siwon who just shrugged. 
"Ohh....they're childhood friends. It's how they are. " Siwon explained finally understanding on  Heechul's irritation.
"Jay is my childhood friend and look what Hangeng did to him." Heechul snorted.
"Hangeng's my bestfriend. I know him like the back of my hand. But Jay is a stranger who Hangeng doesn't trust." Siwon tried to explain. 
"But what about me? Doesn't he trust me?" Heechul asked back. 
"He does. Thats the only reason your friend is alive now. So stop riling him up. He can only control him so much. With you like this he'll break and do something that you'll have yourself to blame." Siwon warned getting out the plates.
Heechul just glared at the floor. 
Dinner was a silent affair. Heechul insisted Siwon sit beside her making Hangeng frown. Siwon and Hangeng retired into Siwon's study to discuss pack matters leaving Kibum and Heechul alone.
"Congrats. I heard you're expecting." Heechul finally broke after few minutes unable to take the awkward silence anymore. 
"Thanks." Kibum said back smiling slightly. 
"I know you want to tell me something so out with it." Heechul sighed.
"Oh... It's about Hangeng." Kibum said back making Heechul frown.
"What about him?" Heechul asked back in jealousy. 
"This! You're jealous of him and me, right? And you do know I'm mated to Siwon and expecting our child?" Kibum asked rubbing her belly.
Heechul nodded her head still frowning. 
"Well, this is the same way he feels about you and your friend. He doesn't even have an excuse. Your friend is not mated so it's harder for Geng to control himself. Cut him some slack. He loves you and that's why he did that." Kibum tried to explain.
"I know he loves me. But Siwon loves you too but I haven't seen him go nuts over Hangeng or Eunhyuk being close to you." Heechul asked back. 
"First of all Eunhyuk is his sister's mate and Hangeng is his friend who also is mated. There's no need for Siwon to get jealous. Secondly just because you haven't seen siwon go crazy jealous doesn't mean he's chill with it. You know Changmin. He and I used to be best friends. You could say friends from birth. I haven't even really talked to him in years because it makes Siwon go crazy with jealousy. The only reason Siwon allows me and Hangeng to be close is because he trusts Hangeng with his life. And that's the same with Hangeng. It's the only reason he allowed Siwon to sit beside you for dinner."
"I don't know about your relationship with Changmin. But the things Jay did for me I doubt anyone else would ever do that for me. I can't abandon my friend like that." Heechul said back. 
"It's not abandoning. Its saving him. You think after some time Hangeng will allow you to be friends with him. Hangeng would never allow it. And if you go against his wishes Hangeng will hurt your friend. That'll hurt you more. Hurting you will hurt Hangeng. It'll go on as a cycle. Is that what you want out of this?" Kibum asked.
Heechul shook her head no.
"That's what I said. What you feel for Hangeng outweighs everything you feel for your friend. He's your soulmate. Hurting Hangeng is hurting yourself you won't be able to live with it. Think about it." Kibum said. 
The ride back was silent without Eunhyuk as a buffer between them.
"You and Siwon looked like you're getting along well." Hangeng commented offhandedly. 
"So? Want to hit him too?" Heechul asked back.
"I would've. If he wasn't my bestfriend." Hangeng shrugged. 
Heechul just stared at Hangeng in disbelief. "Are you for real? You were hanging all over his mate. You're such a hypocritic pratt." 
"She just treated my wounds. That's all happened." Hangeng explained frowning. 
"Whatever. I have nothing more to say to you. I still haven't forgiven you for hitting my friend." Heechul said turning towards the window. 
"I won't ask for your forgiveness. I would never say sorry for hitting him ." Hangeng raised his voice. 
"I didn't ask you to. Just stop talking to me." Heechul said back closing her eyes rethinking about her talk with Kibum. 
Heechul rushed into the house as the car stopped making Hangeng growl.
"Min!! Where are you? How's Jay?" Heechul rushed in not minding him.
"He's fine. Stop screaming." Sungmin said back sighing at Heechul's impatience. 
"Is he really?" Heechul repeated as Hangeng walked into the house not minding the three and took the stairs upstairs. 
"I take it the Hyung's is still angry." Onew said looking at Hangeng. 
"Who cares?" Heechul said back turning to Sungmin. "Tell me, Min."
"He's okay. I treated his wounds. They'll heal." Sungmin reassured. 
"I feel like I can breathe now." Heechul sighed sitting on the sofa relieved. "I want to see him and make sure he's fine by myself."
"Well you can't Noona. You should care about your mate too. Hyung also got injured." Onew chided.
"Your Hyung have other people taking care of his wounds. He doesn't need my help." Heechul growled back. "And what's wrong with you?"
"He thinks Jay is going to take you from the Alpha." Sungmin said laughing. 
"You watch too many movies kid." Heechul shook her head. "I'm going to freshen up and get some sleep. Good night, guys."
"I'm also turning in. Goodnight you both." Sungmin said getting up.
To Heechul's relief there was no sign of Hangeng in the bedroom. She took a shower and went straight to bed. She pulled the covers over her as Hangeng came in.
"I'm going to take a shower. Are you asleep?" Hangeng asked making Heechul pull the covers even more over her head. She was still in the same position when Hangeng came out.
"Heechul, are you asleep? Can you help me wrap my wound?" Hangeng asked standing at the foot of the bed.
"Ask Kibum. She'll do a better job." Heechul grumbled fighting with her wolf internally. 
Heechul felt the bed dip and the next moment the covers were pulled away and she was pulled into a wet torso.
"You're so gorgeous when you're jealous, my Heechul." Hangeng whispered in Heechul's ear away a water droplet that fell on her shoulder making Heechul whimper.
"Let me go. I'm angry at you." Heechul said trying to get out.
"I won't. Until you look at me in the eye. You've been avoiding me all day." Hangeng said tightening his hold. "I can't take that anymore. Please look at me."
"I don't want to. If I do I'll feel bad for you and forgive you." Heechul sighed finally admitting the truth.
"Why can't you forgive me?" Hangeng asked frowning. 
"You don't know why?" Heechul asked back. 
"Heechul, you're the only thing that I can say for sure is mine. I grew up without any attachment to anything. But you're the only one I have. I don't have anything else and I don't want anything else. All I want is you. And  I don't like it when someone threatens it." Hangeng explained. 
"Really? Then what if I ask you to cut all ties with Kibum?" Heechul asked seriously.
"If that's what you wish for I would do it this second. Kibum is my friend that's all she is and if you feel like that relationship is giving you a hard time I'll let go of it. Like I said you're the only one I want. I'm ready to loose everything and everyone for you Heechul." Hangeng said back his voice ringing with truth.
Heechul was taken aback for a moment by the

Please log in to read the full chapter