Chapter 18

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jaewook stared at Geunsuk with a smug expression before answering him. 

"I just want you to find whether she's in Seoul." He said leaning against the sofa. "Precisely in any of the wolf packs. My people will look for her in the neutral territories." He added. 

"Why can't you do that yourself?" Geunsuk asked frowning. "You have many werewolf acquaintances."

"I'm not in a good relationship with the Jung pack and the Choi pack. They won't appreciate me snooping into their territory. I don't have time for a fight. Every second I waste she's getting farther from me. I can't let her escape." Jaewook said seriously. 

"Can't you hear yourself? She escaped because she don't want to stay with you."Geunsuk said pressuring the word escaped. "Why can't you just let her go?" He added angrily. 

"I just can't. I told you she's important to me. End of discussion." Jaewook answered back in a firm tone. "I'll give you two weeks."

"Are you kidding me? There are a total of six packs in Seoul not to mention the rogues. I won't cover even there of them in two weeks, I want more than that or you can look for someone else. I'm also not in a good relationship with some of the packs." Geunsuk demanded shaking his head. 

"So how long will you need?" Jaewook asked frowning. 

"Atleast five weeks." Geunsuk answered back. 

"That's not possible. It's too long. Four weeks. That's final." Jaewook said not minding Geunsuk's protests. "I'll be back by the end of the fourth week and I expect you to have some news about her, little brother. Or else... " He trailed off before getting up and walking to the door followed by his sidekicks. 

************************************

Heechul started hitting Hangeng with her purse the moment she was out of the car and in front of him.

"What did I do?" He asked chuckling as he caught her hand in his and kissed it.

Heechul blushed at the gesture. "You gave Donghae your card behind my back." Heechul accused narrowing her eyes. 

"You didn't take it. What else could I do?" Hangeng asked. 

"You should've listened to me." Heechul said back annoyed. 

"I'm sorry." Hangeng apologized. "I have a surprise for you. I hope after seeing it you'll forgive me." 

"Surprise." Heechul asked confused. 

"Yeah. In the living room." Hangeng said nodding his head. 

Heechul still looked confused as she walked into the house followed by Donghae. Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the two vistors. 

"Hongki!! Taemin!!" She called out in surprise catching the attention of the two of them. 

"Unnie!!" Taemin squealed running to Heechul and tackling her in a hug. "I missed you." She whispered into the hug.

"I missed you, too." Heechul whispered kissing her hair. 

"You're monopolizing her, Taeminnie." Hongki complained smiling. 

Heechul laughed as Taemin pulled out of the hug to stick her tongue out to Hongki. Hangeng smiled at the sight of Heechul laughing as his phone rang. 

"It's Siwon." He announced answering the call. He listened to Siwon for a second before turning to face the others. "Excuse me." He said leaving the room. 

"What's wrong?" Donghae asked Eunhyuk who shrugged his shoulder and watched Hangeng with a wary look. 

Heechul looked at Hangeng worriedly before turning her attention to the guests. 

"When did you guys get here?" Heechul asked smiling. 

"An hour before." Taemin said still hugging Heechul sideways.

"Noona!!" A shout was heard and Onew rushed in smiling but stopped seeing the newcomers. "Who's this?" He asked after staring at Taemin for a few seconds. 

"Oh.. I'm sorry I didn't introduce them. This is Hongki, my brother." She said pointing at him. "And this is Taemin, my cousin." 

"I'm Eunhyuk, beta of Hangeng Hyung. And this is Donghae, my mate." Eunhyuk introduced as Donghae waved at Taemin smiling widely.

"I'm Onew. Third in command." Onew said smugly. 

"And a nutcase." Eunhyuk asked causing a round of laughter and an irritated Onew. 

"Why didn't you guys give me a call before visiting?" Heechul asked looking at Hongki. 

"About that, Noona can we stay here for a few days? Geunsuk Hyung is out of town for a few days." Hongki asked looking at Heechul. 

"Stay here?" Heechul asked back looking unsure. 

"Yeah... Is something wrong?" Taemin asked on noticing Heechul's expression. 

"Technically, we won't allow any strange wolves to stay in our territory. It's not good for the safety of the pack." Eunhyuk explained. "But since you guys are Rella's brother and cousin we could turn a blind eye. But the decision still lies in Hyung's hands." 

"I'll go ask Hangeng. Don't worry I'll make him agree." Heechul promised before walking out in search of Hangeng. 

Hangeng was still on the phone when Heechul found him outside the house. He gestured at Heechul to wait before continuing the call. 

"Is something wrong?" Heechul asked as Hangeng approached her after finishing the call. 

"Nothing's wrong. Just some pack things." Hangeng assured smiling. 

Heechul was not convinced seeing the forced smile on his face. "If you say so." Heechul said in a small voice. 

"Heechul, everything is fine just some pack issues. Don't worry. I'm flattered that you worry about me." Hangeng said smiling.

"Ofcourse I worry about you." Heechul said back frowning. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you something?" 

"Yeah?" Hangeng inquired looking at her.

"It's.... Can Hongki and Taemin stay here for a few days?" Heechul asked looking at him hopefully. "Geunsuk went somewhere, so they both are alone at home....please Hangeng." Heechul begged. 

Hangeng looked thoughtful as he stared at the pleading eyes of his beautiful mate before sighing. "Fine... They can stay. But they can't leave the pack without my permission. And shouldn't wander without my permission. And most of all they shouldn't cause any trouble." Hangeng said in a serious tone as Heechul's face broke into a happy smile.

"I get it.. They are under house arrest. But that's okay." Heechul squealed happily before hugging Hangeng. "Thank you." She whispered pressing her lips to his. 

************************************

 

Kyuhyun knew he was not being fair to Sungmin but he couldn't help the feeling of anger that build up in his chest at the thought of someone hurting his mate even though it was in the past. That only increased when she refused to talk to him about it. 

"What's wrong?" Zhoumi's voice from next to him startled Kyuhyun. 

"Nothing." Kyuhyun said back turning his attention to his game which he was losing pathetically. 

"Answer me, Kui Xi'an." Zhoumi demanded crossing his hands. 

"What makes you think something's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked back annoyed. 

"Minnie looks so close to tears and you are here playing a game which you obviously is losing. You never continues a game if you think you are going to lose." Zhoumi said back smugly. 

Kyuhyun sighed before stopping the game. "We had a fight." He said placing the controller back on the table. 

"Kui Xi'an...." Zhoumi called in a while reprimanding tone. 

"It's not my fault, well not totally. Minnie's hiding things from me. It hurts me to know that she doesn't trust me. That made me mad and I kinda yelled at her." Kyuhyun said in regret.

"I understand you, but you also have to know that it'll be difficult

Please log in to read the full chapter