Chapter 19

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hongki woke upto Geunsuk's call reassuring him that everything was alright and that he and Taemin can come back whenever they want. He ended the call promising to go back in a few days. He went downstairs after checking on Taemin, who was sleeping peacefully. He was about to go to the kitchen to look for Heechul when he heard some voices from the living room. He peeked in to see Hangeng in the living room with Eunhyuk, Donghae and Onew. 

"I don't know what he's playing at. But he's gonna pay for this." Hangeng said into the phone furiously and listened to whatever the person on the other side was saying. "Yeah, see you soon." Hangeng said ending the call and turned to face the others. 

"Is everything fine?" Donghae asked in a small voice. Eunhyuk tightened his hold on her in a reassuring way. 

"No, things are not looking good." Hangeng said looking at her. 

"Will there be a fight?" Donghae asked in a small voice. 

"I hope not." Hangeng said sighing. "Siwon and Kibum are coming over. Just to discuss some things" Hangeng said looking at Eunhyuk. 

"Where's Noona, Hyung?" Onew asked looking at him.

"Heechul's sleeping.You are not allowed to say anything about what's going on to her. It's an order." Hangeng said in infusing his Alpha tone so that the others won't cross him. 

 Hongki frowned from behind the door. "A war. And not tell Noona?" He whispered to himself frowning. He was startled when suddenly he was pulled out from behind the door and came face to face with Hangeng. 

"Overhearing things that aren't your business is wrong. Don't you know that?" Hangeng asked raising an eyebrow. 

"I didn't mean to. I came down to get some water." Hongki said his whole body shaking under Hangeng's glare. 

"Whatever you heard should stay in. Do you understand what I mean?" Hangeng asked seriously as Hongki nodded his head vigorously. 

"I won't tell Noona." Hongki said in a shaking tone. 

"Good." Hangeng said letting go of Hongki. "I'm going to the pack house. I'll be back before Siwon and Kibum gets here." He added before walking out with Eunhyuk and Onew in tow.

Donghae walked to Hongki noticing his scared expression and patted him in the back in a reassuring manner. 

"It's okay. Oppa just want to be sure that Heechul won't know what's happening." She said in a soothing tone. 

"What's going on? Why is he keeping things from Noona? Isn't she his mate? Why is he keeping her in the dark?" Hongki asked raising his voice. 

"He's just looking out for her. Don't worry he loves your Noona so much that he doesn't want her to worry." Donghae explained smiling. 

Hongki nodded his head in understanding. "But she won't be happy when she knows what's going on." He said in a warning tone. "I don't understand how Noona can stand him. He's so intimidating." he murmured as Donghae laughed at his cuteness.

Heechul came down fifteen minutes after Hangeng left. She was surprised to see Donghae sitting in the living. 

"Hey..." Heechul greeted smiling. 

"Hi.. Good morning." Donghae greeted back smiling. But Heechul noticed that her smile was a forced one. 

"Why are you here this early? Where's Hangeng?" Heechul asked looking at her.

"Umm....Oppa and Hyukkie went for a run." Donghae said looking at the floor. 

"Oh..." Heechul said. "Do you want some coffee?" she asked walking to the kitchen with Donghae in tow. 

"Yeah." Donghae said following her. Heechul noticed how silent Donghae was. She knew something was wrong, the girl was acting weird. 

"Everything alright? You're awfully silent." Heechul asked raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah. I just have a headache." Donghae said back. 

Heechul nodded her head and turned her attention to make the coffee but she didn't believe Donghae not even for a second. 

Donghae, Taemin and Hongki were eating the breakfast that Heechul prepared, Hangeng was not back yet and Heechul was not in a good mood because of that, when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it. Must be Hangeng." Heechul announced getting up and walking to the living room. She was surprised when she saw the people on the other side. 

"Hi.." Kibum greeted smiling slightly. 

"Hi.. I didn't know you were coming. Come on in." Heechul said opening the door widely and moving to the side avoiding Siwon's eyes. 

"Geng knew we were coming." Siwon said as he followed Kibum into the living room. 

"He's not here." Heechul said as Donghae came into the living room along with Taemin and Hongki. 

"Oppa..!!" She cried out running to Siwon and hugged him tightly. Siwon hugged her back rubbing the back of her head as Kibum murmered 'It's okay.' to her. 

Heechul watched the exchange for a few moments before clearing to catch their attention. "Is everything okay?" She asked raising her eyebrows. 

"Everything's fine. Donghae just missed her brother." Hangeng answered for her coming into the room. "Didn't you, Hae? " He asked Donghae. 

"Yeah." Donghae said sniffling as Eunhyuk walked to her pulled her to him. 

Heechul frowned looking between Hangeng and Donghae. 

"Siwon and I have something important to discuss. We'll be in my study." Hangeng said pecking Heechul. "Come on." He told to Siwon and walked ahead. 

Heechul watched as everyone except herself, Taemin, Hongki and Onew followed Hangeng. 

"Don't you guys think something's wrong?" Heechul asked looking at the other three.

"Yeah... Something's going on." Taemin agreed nodding her head. 

"I don't think so." Onew said a little too fastly.

"Me too. There's nothing going on. You two are being paranoid." Hongki said readily making Heechul frown at him. 

"Come on, Hongki. Let's play some games." Onew said pulling Hongki with him to the game room. 

"Since when did they became friends?" Heechul asked surpris

Please log in to read the full chapter