Chapter 22

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hongki walked to the kitchen in the morning expecting to find Heechul but, to his horror, it was Hangeng. He tried to sneak back into his room before Hangeng noticed his presence. 

"I know you're there. Just come in." Hangeng said making Hongki stop in his track. 

Hongki sighed in defeat as he walked into the kitchen and took a seat. 

"Do you want some coffee?" Hangeng asked turning to face him. 

Hongki nodded his head afraid his voice will come out as weak as he felt. He just watched as Hangeng reached for things to make the coffee. 

"I'm sorry that I threatened you yesterday." Hangeng apologized turning around with two mugs. 

"It's okay. I understand that you're just looking out for Noona." Hongki said as Hangeng placed a cup in front of him. 

"Good. I wanted to make that clear. I'll see you for breakfast then." Hangeng said before walking out of the kitchen. 

Hongki let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. "I don't understand how Noona can stand him. He's so intimidating." he murmured to himself before taking a huge gulp from the mug. His face scrunched up as the taste registered his tongue. He ran to the sink to spit out the concotion. 

Taemin walked into the kitchen to see Hongki retching over the sink furiously and washing his mouth. 

"What's wrong?" She asked looking worried. 

"I know that the Alpha doesn't like it that we're staying here. But he didn't have to try to kill me by giving me something that he calls coffee." Hongki said in between gagging. 

Taemin laughed after hearing Hongki. "Alpha Hangeng doesn't know how to cook. It's your fault." Taemin said back laughing. 

"I didn't know that. You're just siding with him." Hongki accused. 

"Ofcourse I am. He's my Unnie's mate." Taemin said back smiling.

"And what am I?" Hongki asked raising his eyebrows. 

"A nuisance." Taemin said grinning.

"Oh.. You're so gonna regret saying that. I'm gonna kill you for calling me a nuisance." Hongki said grinning wickedly. Taemin let out a squeal before running out of the kitchen. 

Heechul woke up to the commotion downstairs to see Hangeng sitting beside her on the bed. 

"Hey..." Heechul greeted smiling up at him. 

"Good morning.. Want some?" Hangeng asked gesturing to his coffee. 

"No, I'll pass. What's going on downstairs?" Heechul asked sitting up. 

"I think your brother is trying to kill your cousin. Atleast that's what he said." Hangeng said shrugging as he placed the cup on the bedside table. 

"And you didn't try to help her? You're such a gentleman." Heechul said back sarcastically. 

"I only rescue my damsel in distress and that's you." Hangeng replied winking at her. 

"Ooh.... Aren't you a keeper?" Heechul asked pecking his cheek. 

"Ofcourse, I'm." Hangeng said pushing Heechul back on the bed and kissing her. Heechul kissed him back running her fingers through his hair. Heechul pulled back as Hangeng started to push her dress up. 

"Oh.. No.. We're not doing this in the morning. I'm going to take a shower and go get some breakfast. I need food too, Hangeng." Heechul said pushing him away making him pout. 

"But haven't you heard that morning is good for health?  I could join you in the shower and we could save some water." Hangeng asked pouting as he watched Heechul get off the bed and walk into the bathroom. 

Heechul almost laughed at the expression on Hangeng's face. 

"Well, when you put it that way. For the sake of my health I should say yes, right?" Heechul asked standing in the doorway smiling at him coyly. 

"Ofcourse you should." Hangeng said grinning back. 

"I should." Heechul repeated winking at him before walking into the bathroom. 

It took Hangeng a total three seconds to figure out what Heechul meant. He almost tripped on his on legs in his rush to get to the bathroom. 

"You like tattoos?" Hangeng asked pulling on his pants as they both got dressed after the shower. 

"No, why?" Heechul asked combining her fingers through her hair. 

"I saw that tattoo on your ribs. The words are not Korean. What does it mean?" Hangeng asked curiously.

"Nothing." Heechul said in a defensive tone making Hangeng look at her in surprise. "I'll be in the kitchen." Heechul said pulling on her blouse before walking out of the closet. 

"Finally!!.. We're starving." Onew said as Heechul came downstairs. 

"Why can't you make breakfast on your own?" Heechul asked rolling her eyes. 

"But no one makes toasts like you do, Unnie." Taemin said giggling. Heechul pinched her cheeks unable to resist her cuteness. 

"I want an extra since your mate tried to poison me by giving me something that he calls coffee." Hongki said leaning against the kitchen counter. 

"Fine... Will you guys just leave me?  Go watch some TV or something. I'll call you after I set the table." Heechul said annoyed. "You all are giving me a headache."

"But we'll help you." Taemin said pouting. "I'll help her. You guys can leave." Hangeng announced entering the room. 

"I seriously doubt you'll be any help, Hyung. No offense." Onew said back thoughtfully. 

"Leave." Hangeng simply said looking at the three who practically ran out of the room anything to get away from Hangeng's glare. 

Hangeng walked to the counter where Heechul was working without minding the exchange. 

"Heechul." Hangeng whispered standing next to her. "Did I say something that annoyed you?" He asked. 

Heechul kept her silence and continued to work. 

Hangeng stopped her by pulling her to him and wrapping his hands around her waist. "I'm sorry." He whispered into her hair. 

Heechul sighed before relaxing in his hold. "It's not your fault....it's just.. Your question reminded me of things.... Things I'm trying to forget." Heechul replied closing her eyes. 

"I'm sorry... I reminded you of bad things. I'm sorry." Hangeng whispered as Heechul turned around in his arms grinning at him making his heart beat out of his chest. 

"For someone who's very proud, you sure ask for forgiveness all the time." Heechul said smiling. 

"If it comes to your forgiveness I'm ready to beg on my knees, Heechul. Your happiness is so much worth than my pride." Hangeng confessed smiling back. 

"I love you." Heechul said for the second time and found it easier to say those words when she meant it. 

"l love you, too. More than anything." Hangeng reminded pressing his lips to hers.

"I'm so happy for Noona." Taemin said smiling eventhough her eyes were tearing. 

"Me too." Hongki said hugging her to him.

"I think we should order for takeouts. What do you guys think?" Onew asked looking at the other two from where they were hiding behind the wall. 

At last they ordered for takeouts. 

It was by noon when Donghae came to check on Heechul. 

"You really worried us all, Unnie. How do you feel now?" Donghae asked literally hugging the daylight out of Heechul. 

"I'm fine. I'm sor

Please log in to read the full chapter