Chapter 8

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Noona, it's me. Don't scream." The person who was holding Heechul said in a gentle voice. 

Heechul's eyes widened as she recognized the voice. The person let Heechul free so that she could turn and face him. 

"Hongki-ah!!!... You're alive!!." Heechul shouted happy tears filling her eyes. 

"Yeah, I am." Hongki said back smiling. "No, welcome hug for me?" Hongki asked opening his arms widely. 

Heechul smiled through her tears as she hugged him close. "How did you escape? Everyone thought you're dead." Heechul asked pulling out of the hug. 

"I was not dead when they threw me away. He saved me." Hongki said pointing to the other man sitting on the bed. Heechul turned to face him. He was a very handsome man with a baby face. 

"So you're the one Jaewook's going crazy about? Well, I can't blame him. If I was in his place I would've done the same thing ,you're gorgeous." The man said getting up from the bed. "I'm Geun Suk. Hongki talks a lot about you." He introduced. 

"Thank you for saving Hongki. He's very special to me." Heechul said. 

"It's nothing. I was at the right place at the right time. But you should be careful Jaewook's hell bent on finding you." Geun Suk said in a serious tone. 

 

Heechul nodded her head feeling a terror passing through her body. 

"Taemin saw you in the afternoon. She came to us with the news but by the time we reached there you left. We found you here just by coincidence." Hongki explained. "Noona, come with me. You can stay with me. I'll protect you with my life." Hongki said taking her hand in his. 

"I know you will do that. You did that before and that resulted in you getting beaten up and nearly killed. And moreover Sungmin's with me." Heechul said shaking her head. 

"I know that Sungmin Noona's with you but Jaewook doesn't want her. He only want you. He's given specific order to get you back at any cost. Only you." Hongki said looking at Heechul worried. 

"What do you mean?" Heechul asked frowning. 

"I don't think Jaewook even knows this Sungmin girl escaped with you. He thinks she's with Jungmo in Japan. So no one's looking for her. You're the only target." Geun Suk explained. 

"No ones looking for her? She's safe?" Heechul asked looking at Geun Suk. 

"I guess so. I mean Jaewook doesn't give a about others. I once was a member of his coven. But he's going crazy over you. I think he's beyond noticing anyone else." Geun Suk explained shrugging. 

Heechul thought about the situation in present. This meant Sungmin was safe. She didn't have to be on the run with Heechul. She can stay somewhere and be happy. 

"Noona, will you come with me?" Hongki asked again. 

"I don't want to drag you all into this. I'm sorry." Heechul said smiling at him fondly. 

"Fine. Here's my number. Call me if you change your mind. I really hope you change your mind, Noona." Hongki said looking at Heechul sadly. 

Heechul waved him goodbye and closed the door. She all but forgot about the pills as she sat down on the bed deep in thought. 

In the morning it took Sungmin ten minutes to get Heechul open the door. She also noticed the dark circles under her eyes. 

"Good morning" Heechul greeted stifling a yawn behind her hand. 

"The pills didn't work?" Sungmin asked Heechul as she followed Heechul into the room. 

"I forgot to take them." Heechul answered smothering another yawn behind her hand. 

"Oh... So, when are we leaving?" Sungmin asked sitting down on the bed. 

"Umm.... About that... Why don't we stay another night here?" Heechul asked trying to be casual about it. 

"Stay the night? Why?" Sungmin asked confused at Heechul's decision. 

"I like this place. So I thought we could stay here a little more." Heechul said shrugging. 

"OK, if you want we can stay." Sungmin agreed but on the inside she was frowning because this was unusual of Heechul who always insisted that they shouldn't stay in a place more than a day no matter how safe they felt there. 

"You are day dreaming." Heechul said smiling. 

"No, I'm not. Go and get ready for breakfast. I'm starving." Sungmin said pouting. 

"Yes, your highness." Heechul mocked before getting her bag of toiletries and walking into the bathroom. 

Sungmin sighed as she lay down on the bed. Something sticking out from under the pillow caught her attention. She frowned as she pulled out a pale blue shirt. Sungmin was examining it when Heechul came out.

"It's Hangeng's. I think it got mixed with m

Please log in to read the full chapter