Chapter 28

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Zhoumi got off the phone with Eunhyuk and walked into the living room in time to see Kyuhyun throw a vase at Ryewook and Yesung pushing Ryewook away from its path .
"Get out of my house you idiot. Why are you even here if you're here to make my life even harder? " Kyuhyun growled as he dodged Ryewook's counter attack. 
"You made your life hard. Don't blame it on me. You being a failure as a mate is not on me." Ryewook shouted back.
"Hyung!! Take her away now or I'll not hesitate to kill her." Kyuhyun warned Yesung, who sighed and pulled an unwilling Ryewook with him inside.
Zhoumi watched as Kyuhyun sighed and sat back on the sofa closing his eyes. Zhoumi and Kyuhyun became friends when they met in college. For everyone Kyuhyun was a spoilt brat who loved only one thing, his games. But Zhoumi knew better, that's why he didn't think twice before agreeing to  Kyuhyun to become his beta. Because Kyuhyun loved his pack the most even more than his games. And he respected how Kyuhyun wanted the best for his pack and him asking Zhoumi meant he's the best. Kyuhyun asked for Seohyun's help purely based on his love for the pack. And to see him so torn and hurt because of that made Zhoumi mad at Sungmin. 
"What are you standing there for Mi? Are you also gonna say I deserve all this like Wookie?" Kyuhyun asked not opening his eyes.
"Nope. And you know she's doing this to make you do something rather than coping up in your room. And actually I have news." Zhoumi said walking into the room. "There was a rogue attack in the Tan pack."
Kyuhyun stood up looking worried as hell."Rouge attack? Is Minnie all right?"
"Yep. Eunhyuk assured me everything's under control. But Gege wanted him to pass the message since Minnie is there." Zhoumi reassured. 
"I want to go and make sure she's alright by myself. But Seohyun's in Japan. And now a rogue attack. I just want to see her. But I can't." Kyuhyun said looking desperate. 
"Yes, you can't. Not without Seohyun. It'll do more damage." Zhoumi agreed. 
"I know that. We'll send our people there so they can have more hands there." Kyuhyun said getting up.
"There's no need for that. They have more than enough people there. And you Hangeng won't approve of it." Zhoumi disagreed. 
"Then what will I do? It's my mate there and i can't do anything. I feel so useless." Kyuhyun mumbled sadly.
"You're not useless. You're my Alpha. The best one out there. Minnie will be safe there. Just wait for two days and Seohyun will back and everything will be cleared up." Zhoumi reassured as Kyuhyun nodded sighing. 

Hangeng was on his way back when he received the call that the patrol group caught a rogue. He just wanted to see his mate but pack duties comes first so he turned the car around back to the pack house.
"There was only one?" He asked getting out of the car. 
"Yes. He says it's his first time here and he didn't knew he was trespassing." Eunhyuk answered as they walked into the pack house. 
"That's what they always say." Hangeng snorted taking the stairs down to the basement. 
Eunhyuk snorted back. "He's feisty too. Broke Shingdong Hyungs arm."
"He'll pay for that. Is Onew here yet?" Hangeng inquired. 
"No, he's on guard at your place. I've send Minho over so that Onew can come and take a look at him." Eunhyuk pointed at a man huddled in the corner of the basement inside a cell.
Hangeng opened the cell door and entered  making the man look up and smirk at him. He looked like the last time he went to get a haircut was years ago. He looked young but Hangeng couldn't see much through all the hair.
"The Alpha. Well, I've got nothing new for you. I had no idea I was in a pack territory when your men jumped on me."
"So you broke his arm?" Hangeng asked tilting his head to the side.
"It was pure self defense. Your man was choking me." The man shrugged getting up.
"Well he was on defense too. You're on his territory." Hangeng narrowed his eyes. "We'll  get to that later. Why were you here yesterday?"
"I was not. I came to this town today and accidentally entered your pack. I already said that." The rogue said back.
"I have no time for your nonsense. Tell me the truth." Hangeng growled punching him in the gut.
The man spluttered and fell to the ground. He coughed out some blood and looked up smirking up at Hangeng. Hangeng was about to punch him again when Onew called him from upstairs. 
"Better start telling the truth by the time I come downstairs or I'll carve it out of you." Hangeng warned locking the cell.
Hangeng was greeted with the sight of Heechul and a remorseful looking Onew as he came upstairs. 
" What is she doing here?" Hangeng demanded looking at Onew and Eunhyuk who both kept there gaze on the floor. "What are you doing here?" Hangeng asked Heechul getting angry. He was happy to see his mate but he didn't want her anywhere near the rogue. 
"I came to see you. You haven't been home since two days. I had to make sure you were alright." Heechul replied walking to him and hugging him.
"I know and I missed you too. But it's not safe Heechul. I wanted you safe in the house not here this close to a rogue." Hangeng said hugging her back and pecking the top of her head.
Onew and Eunhyuk sighed in relief as their Alpha cooled down.
"What did he say?" Eunhyuk asked as they all settled into the office room.
"The same he said to you guys. He was traveling and didn't knew he had crossed our border. And he was not here yesterday. Onew go check if you recognize his scent." Hangeng turned to Onew. 
"I'll go with him." Heechul got up.
"The hell you will. I want you nowhere near him." Hangeng growled pulling Heechul back to him.
"If you haven't forgotten I was a rogue myself I know my way around them. I just want to help." Heechul said back frowning. 
"No means no. I have things under control. And I don't want to risk your safety for a piece of information I can easily beat out of him." Hangeng said with finality. "Onew go ahead."
Onew nodded his head and walked out of the room.
Heechul pouted and sat back on the sofa. Eunhyuk left the room as he got his Alpha sighed and got up.
Hangeng chuckled as he sat beside

Please log in to read the full chapter