Chapter 3

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hangeng stared at Heechul lying in the bed and he couldn't believe his luck. He never had any thoughts on finding his mate while his friends where very obsessed with it. But now he was angry at himself for not trying to find her earlier because he didn't even want to think about his life before her. She had him wrapped around her fingers from the first gaze. He couldn't resist leaning in and pressing his lips to her forehead. 

 

 

"I can't believe Hangeng Hyung found his mate." Onew said loudly not able to contain his excitement anymore. 

"Actually I can. The throbbing of my jaw proves it." Changmin said rubbing his jaw where it got hurt when he was thrown across the room by Hangeng. 

"What's her name?" Yunho asked looking at Sungmin who was sitting next to Onew trying to stay out of trouble. Suddenly everyone's attention to her. 

Sungmin was about to answer when Hangeng walked into the room Onew and Shindong stood up and walked to him. 

"What's wrong with her?" He demanded looking at Yunho. 

It was Changmin who answered him. " Nothing's wrong. It must be the sedation from the pain killers that she fainted."

"Painkillers? Why?  Is she hurt somewhere?" Hangeng demanded raising his voice but the concern and worry in them was clearly audible. 

Changmin looked at Yunho for help. 

"It's my fault. She was trying to escape and no way to stop her other than to jump on her." Yunho explained. 

"Your jumped on her?" Hangeng yelled his whole body shaking with anger. " You hurt her." Hangeng accused seeing red. 

Yunho pushed Jaejoong behind him standing in front of her protectively while Yoochun was thanking god that Junsu wasn't  there. 

"I didn't know she was your mate. I would never hurt her if I had known and if I haven't stopped her she would've escaped and you wouldn't have met her." Yunho reasoned. 

Hangeng was shaking with pure anger his wolf wanted revenge on anyone who dared to touch his mate but at the same time he knows it was not intentional and Yunho had a point. 

Onew noticing his Alpha's internal battle walked to him. "Hyung, why don't you take a run in the forest and cool down. I'll see over things here."

Hangeng took a deep breath and walked to the door. He was at the door when he turned around to face the others. 

"You,  stay away from her room." He said to Changmin who nodded his head. 

"Well that was intense." Shingdong commented. 

"Do you guys mind if I go and check her?" Sungmin asked pointing in the direction of Heechul's room. 

"No, go ahead." Jaejoong said smiling. 

Sungmin walked into the room and sat beside Heechul's bed. She sighed, things were getting bad to worse. First they get caught, then Heechul's finds her mate,an Alpha no less and on top of that a dominant one. She stared at Heechul's sleeping form and took her hands in hers and right now she's worried about her friend.

Heechul stirred at the movement and opened her eyes slowly. 

"Chullie!! Are you OK?" Sungmin asked her bestfriend. 

"I'm fine, Min." Heechul reassured smiling. 

"Thank god. I was so worried. Your mate didn't let anyone come near you after you fainted." Sungmin explained.

"Mate.... " Heechul whispered to herself. "Oh my god. I found my mate!!." Heechul shouted sitting up in her bed. 

"Yes.... " Sungmin said nodding her head in confirmation. 

"And he claimed me!! That jerk claimed me." Heechul said running her fingers over her neck to find the bite mark. 

"Yes... He did." Sungmin said sighing. "What are we gonna do?" 

"I'm going to rip him a new one for claiming me without my permission. The nerve of him to do that." Heechul said furious. 

"Chullie, calm down. He's your mate and an Alpha too. He would've claimed you with or without your permission it's his basic instinct . What we have to do now is think about how we are going to get out of this?" Sungmin said patiently. 

Heechul was silent for a while as she thought of their situation. " Running away is pointless. I don't have the strength and so many wolves are here to stop us." Heechul said shaking her head. 

"I think your mate is planning to take you with him to his pack. And I don't think he'll let you out of his sight for a second Chullie. He's an Alpha, they are overprotective of their mates."Sungmin reminded. 

"I think it's a good thing, I mean going to his pack. We should leave with him as I need time to come up with a new  escape plan. If we stay here they'll always keep an eye on us." Heechul said but her wolf was protesting loudly against her plan as she didn't want to be away from her mate. "Where's he now?" Heechul asked trying to tell herself she wanted to see him because she wanted to yell at him for claiming her not because she simply wanted to see him. 

"He went for a run to cool down after he flipped at Alpha Yunho for hurting you." Sungmin explained. 

"He did that." Heechul asked surprised. She couldn't help but feel touched on hearing that Hangeng was angry on her behalf. No one cared for her in all the twenty three years of her life and it felt good to know someone cared. Heechul thought as the door opened to reveal Hangeng. 

"You're awake... How are you feeling? Does it hurt?" Hangeng asked walking to Heechul. Sungmin got up and moved to the corner. 

Heechul was taken aback by the concern in his tone but she recovered soon enough. 

"Are you kidding me? My head hurts like hell and on top of that you bit me as if the pain in my head is  not enough." Heechul said in an incredulous tone. 

"Yunho didn't want to hurt you intentionally. And he said sorry." Hangeng said in a patient tone. But on the inside his wolf was getting riled up again as Heechul brought up the subject again. 

"Really.... So Whatif I died when I hit my head? Will you forgive him because it was an accident? " Heechul asked back. 

Hangeng growled in response before answering Heechul. "No..I would've killed him. Ripped him into pieces." Hangeng said seriously. "Right now, do you want me to hurt him back? Tell me I won't hesitate to do it." Hangeng asked. 

Heechul stared at him in surprise after hearing his answer. She decided to answer after seeing that he's waiting for her answer.

"No!!  I don't want you to fight with anyone. Moreover you hurt me too. How are you going to make up for it?" Heechul asked raising her eyebrows.

"It's my claim on you. It marks you as mine so that any male Wolf who sees you'll know that you're taken. And above all it doesn't hurt." Hangeng said back and as if to prove his point he rubbed his fingers over it. 

Heechul's breath hitched the moment he touched her skin. She just wanted to close her eyes and enjoy the pleasure his touch alone was giving her. Her gaze met Hangeng's and she could see the lust in her eyes mirrored in his. 

"Hyung.. " Onew called from the doorway breaking the moment. 

Hangeng pulled his hand back and closed his eyes for a moment. "Changmin said you're okay to travel. We'll be leaving soon after I clear some things with Yunho. I'll come and get you." Hangeng said pecking Heechul's forehead before leaving with Onew. 

"That was hot." Sungmin commented from the side making Heechul jump, she had all but forgotten about Sungmin. 

"I don't know what he's doing to me. My body reacts to his touch like a barren land to rain. It Min." Heechul groaned. 

"Are we still going to run away?" Sungmin asked doubtfully. 

"Ofcourse we are." Heechul confirmed shaking her head. 

 

Jaejoong was the one who came into the room after Hangeng left along with Onew and shindong. 

"Hi, I'm Jaejoong, Yunho's mate."Jaejoong introduced offering a smile. She had to adm

Please log in to read the full chapter