Chapter 15

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul woke up in the morning to the shuffling sound coming from the closet. She pulled the covers over her head, knowing it was Hangeng in there, finding it hard to face him after yesterday night. To say the truth she had no idea what to do to make things right anymore. She buried her face into the pillow to smother her frustrated scream and became still when she heard the click of the door. 

Hangeng frowned noticing Heechul under the covers. He was fairly sure she did it avoid him. "Come down for breakfast after you get ready." He said and waited for Heechul's reply. But there was none. He sighed and walked out of the room closing the door behind him. 

Heechul peeked out to make sure Hangeng left before getting out of the bed and walking to the bathroom to get ready for the day. By the time Heechul got to the kitchen Hangeng had already retired to his study and there was a girl washing the dishes. 

"Good morning, Miss." The girl greeted bowing deeply.

"Morning." Heechul said back. "You are?" Heechul asked curiously. 

"My name is Sulli. My mom works as a maid here. She's sick so I took over." Sulli explained respectfully. 

"Oh... And don't call me miss. Call me Rella or Unnie." Heechul said getting a cup. 

Sulli snatched the cup off Heechul's hands  startling her and started to pour the coffee. "Here, I'll get it. And you're our Alpha's mate, it's a rule that I respect you." She said handing the cup back to Heechul. 

"Nonsense. Onew calls me Noona. You can do the same. He's the third in command, right? So don't feel bad about it." Heechul reasoned. "And I like to make my morning coffee myself so don't bother to make mine tomorrow." Heechul added smiling. 

"Oh... I'm sorry I didn't know that. Shall I get your breakfast then?" Sulli asked looking at Heechul hopefully. 

"Not now. I like to eat when I feel like it." Heechul said shaking her head. 

"Me too. But my Umma always pesters me saying that I'm so thin and I have to eat more She always......" Sulli said then suddenly stopped and looked at Heechul in horror. "I'm sorry I was just blabbering. Forgive me." Sulli apologized bowing. 

"Why sorry? There's nothing to forgive. It's fine. I like to talk. I'm a chatter box myself." Heechul said smiling at Sulli. 

"It's just that you're not supposed to talk to the Alpha female like this it's punishable. I've heard things from my friends at school." Sulli explained, Heechul couldn't help but like the innocent girl. 

Hangeng walked into the room making Sulli move to the corner. Heechul noticed that she was looking down not meeting his eyes. 

"You can leave after cleaning the dishes. Don't bother making lunch. We're eating out." Hangeng said in his usual serious tone. 

"Yes, Alpha." Sulli mumbled bowing. 

"And ask your brother to meet Eunhyuk." Hangeng added before leaving. 

Heechul suddenly remembered about Hongki and her promise to Sungmin that she'll talk about it with Hangeng. 

"Excuse me, Sulli. I have to go now. See you tomorrow." Heechul said smiling before leaving. She found Hangeng sitting in the living room reading newspaper. 

"I want to ask something. It's about Hongki." Heechul said standing behind the sofa. 

"Oh.. Your brother I forgot about that. He's in Kyuhyun's pack, right?" Hangeng asked not looking up from the newspaper. 

"Yeah. Can you please ask Kyuhyun to let him and his friend go?" Heechul asked in a small voice. 

"I'll ask him to let that vampire go. Your brother can join our pack." Hangeng offered. 

"No!!" Heechul said so sharply that Hangeng looked up from the newspaper on hearing Heechul's tone. 

"Why?" Hangeng asked frowning. 

"He doesn't like to be tied down somewhere. He likes his freedom." Heechul said looking at Hangeng. 

"Likes his freedom? Is that how you feel? Being in a pack means you loss your freedom?" Hangeng asked raising an eyebrows. 

"Yes, look at me I'm under house arrest. I'm not free to go anywhere unless I get your approval." Heechul said back. " Hongki is not good with it." 

"I'm being like this because you ran away. I'm afraid if I let you out freely you won't come back." Hangeng said throwing the paper away and getting up. 

The doorbell rang before their argument could turn into a full blown fight. Hangeng glared at Heechul for a second before opening the door. 

Heechul's eyes narrowed as the visitor came in. 

"Bummie, I didn't know you were coming. Is everything alright?" Hangeng asked looking slightly worried. 

"Are you implying that I can't come here unless there's a problem?" Kibum asked smiling slightly. 

"Ofcourse not. It's just that you came without any prior notice. You know you're always welcome here. " Hangeng said back smiling at her making Heechul grit her teeth in anger, hurt and jealousy. 

"I know that. I was just kidding. I came to see Hae, but Siwon dropped me off here." Kibum said back smiling. And moved closer to him and examined his face closely. "You got drunk yesterday. Your eyes are red." Kibum said in an accusing tone. 

"Yeah. You know me so well." Hangeng said back smiling. 

Heechul couldn't even fathom what she was feeling anymore. She was torn between anger and betrayal as she watched their exchange. Her wolf was not helping either she just wanted to make sure Kibum would never dare to touch her mate again. She held on to the sofa tightly that her knuckles turned white. 

"Oh.. Hey.. I didn't see you there." Kibum said noticing Heechul and smiled.

Heechul forced out a small smile. Before throwing a glare at Hangeng. "I'm going upstairs to the library. See you later." Heechul said before turning around and walking to the stairs. 

"Is she okay?" Kibum asked looking confused. 

Hangeng shrugged looking at Heechul's retreating back. 

 

Heechul was furious, her wolf even more so. She knew Kibum would be lying down in the ground, on her back, if she let her wolf free reign. 

"He's our mate. She shouldn't touch him." Her Wolf ground out. 

"Shut up. It's all your fault. That jerk." Heechul said back as the phone in her pocket vibrated. 

"Minnie.." Heechul said answering the call. She felt a bit relieved that she could talk to her best friend. 

"Morning, Chullie. What are you doing?" Sungmin asked from the other side. 

"I'm in the library." Heechul said back. 

"Is everything okay? Where's your mate?" Sungmin asked. 

"I don't know." Heechul said back.

"Still not talking to you?" Sungmin asked. 

Heechul recounted what happened the previous night to Sungmin but didn't tell about today.

"He's a jerk. I know what you should do." Sungmin said in a serious tone. 

"What?" Heechul asked to know what Sungmin meant. 

"You should come and stay here with me. For a few days. That will make him realize that he's being a jerk to you." Sungmin said in a firm tone. 

"Come and stay with you?" Heechul asked. "As in Kyuhyun's pack?"

"Yeah... It's not just to teach him a lesson. It's because I care for you, Chullie. You sound so heartbroken each time we talk. I keep on hoping that it'll change but there's no change. You're becoming more and more depressed. I'm getting worried of you,Chullie. Take a break from him. Come and stay here. You need to relax." Sungmin begged. 

"Min, I'm okay. Stop worrying your pretty head about me." Heechul said trying to reassure her. 

"Don't you dare lie to me. I know you well enough to differentiate between your lies. I just want you to be happy. Come

Please log in to read the full chapter