Chapter 24

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul and Sungmin were looking for Hangeng when Leeteuk saw them and called them over. Sungmin groaned internally when she noticed Seohyun standing next to Leeteuk. 

"Where were you girls? I was looking everywhere for you." Leeteuk asked smiling as she rocked the baby. 

"We were just catching up." Sungmin smiled while taking the baby's tiny hand in hers. 

Inha began to make a fuss catching everyone's attention. "Excuse me, She's getting ansty. I'll be back after feeding her." Leeteuk said before walking into the house.

"What were you two discussing? Looked pretty serious." Seohyun asked curiously. 

"What we were discussing has nothing to do with you." Sungmin said back politely. 

"Well, I was wondering whether I should be worried or not." Seohyun smirked. 

"Worried? Why would you be worried?" Heechul asked frowning. 

"Two rouges talking secretly and planning something never ends in a good note for anyone." Seohyun shrugged. 

"You seem pretty bothered that we're rouges." Heechul snorted. 

"Ofcourse we're bothered. Your kind are the most savage and wild ones of our kind." The girl standing next to Seohyun said rolling her eyes. 

"Wow. And who are you?" Heechul  narrowed her eyes. 

"Jessica Jung." The girl said arrogantly. "She's Hangeng Oppa's ex." Seohyun added smiling. 

"So what? Is that a title around here? Being my mate's ex?" Heechul asked back snorting. 

Sungmin bit back on a laugh as she saw the smile vanishing from Seohyun's face. "You don't need to worry. We're discussing about world peace." Heechul added sarcasm dripping from her voice. 

"I have to worry. I have to look out for Kyuhyun's pack too." Seohyun said. 

"What do you mean?" Sungmin questioned frowning. 

"I meant what I said. Kyuhyun needs a female to look over his pack issues alongside him. I'm doing that job for him." Seohyun shrugged but smiling inwardly seeing Sungmin's frown.

"Not for long since he found his mate." Heechul said back. 

"Kyu didn't ask me to step back. I'll do it when he asks me to. And I think that won't happen anytime soon." Seohyun said with a mocking smile. 

"And why is that?" Sungmin asked her wolf starting to get angry at what Seohyun was implying. 

"Since you're new to a pack you don't know anything about the rules and stuff. And there's also a problem of you being a rouge." Seohyun said in fake sympathy. 

"Are you saying that I'm incapable of looking after my mate's pack?" Sungmin asked her trying to control her wolf who was clawing at her to let her out. 

"Well, for the lack of a better word. Yes, that's what I'm saying." Seohyun said shaking her head. 

Sungmin was about to pounce on Seohyun but Heechul's hold on her hand stopped her.

"What are you all talking about?" Ryeowook asked joining the others. 

"I was just telling Minnie that I'm helping Kyu manage his pack." Seohyun said smiling sweetly at Ryeowook. 

Sungmin ground her teeth to control the jealousy that was bubbling up in her on hearing Seohyun call Kyuhyun pet names. 

"Oh... He says he can't trust me with such work. It's a good thing he trusts her otherwise the pack will be a mess." Ryeowook said not noticing Sungmin's expression darkening.

"I'm glad he asked my help. It means he knows I'm there for him." Seohyun said making Sungmin practically growl in anger and jealousy. 

"Kyuhyun won't be needing your help anymore. I can learn the rules. And the thing about me being a rouge his pack members will get over it." Sungmin said in a tone that was so possessive and angry that it made Ryeowook turn around to look at her. 

"I'll do that when Kyu asks me to step back. Until then I'll help with anything he need." Seohyun said back in a sure tone. 

"Seohyun!!" Ryeowook called in a scolding tone. 

"I'm his mate because I'm what he needs. And I know what to do. So just stop helping him or whatever you're doing?" Sungmin practically shouted shaking in anger. "And stop calling him Kyu. His name is Kyuhyun." 

"Whatif I won't listen to anything you said?" Seohyun asked back taunting Sungmin. 

"Stop her." Ryeowook shouted at Heechul as she saw Sungmin practically shaking in rage that she knew Sungmin was about to shift. 

"I won't. She asked for it." Heechul said stepping back as Sungmin began to shake violently. 

The next moment a blonde wolf was standing in place of Sungmin snarling at Seohyun with challenge in her eyes. 

 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

 

Hangeng and Kyuhyun pushed through the small crowd that formed in the backyard to get to Heechul and Sungmin. 

"There..." Hangeng shouted pointing to the right finally catching sight of Heechul. Kyuhyun didn't even see Hangeng his eyes were on the two wolves growling at each other. Especially the blonde one who was snarling at the other baring her teeth. He was about get between them when Zhoumi pulled him back.

"What are you doing Kui Xi'an? You know the rules.You can't interfere." Zhoumi said. 

"Let go of me, Mimi. That's my mate. I can't let her get into a fight." Kyuhyun said trying to get out of his hold. 

"Minnie was the one who challenged Seohyun. You can't do anything to stop it. Now stop fighting. Let's go and find out what happened. Don't start breaking rules." Zhoumi said tightening his hold on Kyuhyun. 

"But.." Kyuhyun started. 

"No, buts. Come on." Zhoumi said pulling Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun stopped fighting and let Zhoumi drag him somewhere all the while keeping his eyes on Sungmin. "Are you ok?" Hangeng asked as he reached Heechul giving her a once over to make sure she's ok. 

"I'm fine." Heechul reassured. 

"Stop fussing." She added smiling. 

"What happened? What's going on?" Kyuhyun shouted as soon as they got near Heechul and Hangeng. 

"It was Minnie's fault. Seohyun was just joking the next moment Minnie is going all wolf on Seohyun and challenging her." Jessica said even before Heechul could open .

"Excuse me? Joking?" Heechul asked incredulously. "Your idiot friend literally humiliated Min. She pushed her into challenging her." Heechul shot back angrily. 

"What do you mean by humiliating?  Seohyun just stated the truth. You both are rogues and you can't be trusted." Jessica said back. 

Hangeng growled in warning on hearing Jessica's words. "No one talks to my mate like that. Apologize." He demanded. Jessica shrank back at Hangeng's tone. "I'm sorry." She mumbled glaring at Heechul before running away. 

"It's okay. Calm down." Heechul said tightening her hold on Hangeng.

"But.." Hangeng started. 

"You know I find you hot when you're angry." Heechul said coyly. 

Hangeng's mood took a one eighty degree turn at Heechul's words. His pupils darkened as he stared at Heechul who was biting her lips. 

"Are you not worried about your friend?" Kyuhyun asked angrily breaking their moment while Changmin and Ryeowook turned to look at Heechul. 

"Nope. Min knows what she's doing. If I was you I'll be worried about your so called best friend." Heechul snorted nodding her head in the direction of Heechul. 

Kyuhyun turned his gaze back towards Sungmin . 

"Man, your woman know how to move." Changmin commented as Sungmin scratched Seohyun's legs as she tried to jump on her. 

Seohyun was circling Sungmin now, limping slightly. She closed the circle, moving in closer until they were only a few feet apart, then, in one move, she jumped towards Sungmin.

Kyuhyun moved forward, a growl ripping through his chest, but too many hands grabbed hold of him and pulled him back.

"Do not make me take you inside Kui Xi'an!" Zhoumi threatened him. 

"Min can handle this. Just look at her." Heechul said

Please log in to read the full chapter