Chapter 4

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was having his coffee and playing star craft at the same time when Zhoumi waltzed into the room screaming something.

"Kui Xian, did you hear the good news?" Zhoumi asked practically bouncing with excitement. 

"If you're talking about Hangeng Hyung finding his mate then, yes I already know. Changmin called me yesterday night to complain about his jaw." Kyuhyun said not taking his eyes off the screen. 

"I can't believe you didn't tell me. I'm your beta you should tell me things like this." Zhoumi complained. 

"I was really tired yesterday and I was sure I couldn't handle a 'hyper Zhoumi', a normal Zhoumi is hard enough. So please forgive me for my selfishness." Kyuhyun said pausing the game and turning to face Zhoumi. 

"Anyway we have go and meet her. I bet that she'll be hot since Gege is hot and all." Zhoumi said smiling widely. 

"Well, she's hot that much was evident from Changmin's explanation. And we'll go and meet her but not today Mimi I have to beat Changmin's today in the game. We'll go tomorrow." Kyuhyun said finishing his coffee.

"You're such a game addict Kui Xian. I wish it was you who found your mate. You need someone to ground you." Zhoumi said looking at Kyuhyun. 

"I can't believe I'm wasting my precious time by listening to your ranting. Just go away Mimi. Go and gossip with Ryeowook or someone." Kyuhyun said turning his attention back to the computer. 

"No, Kui Xian we're going today. It's a custom that you have to go and meet her in person. Play your game tomorrow but we're going today." Zhoumi said shaking his head. 

"Excuse me, I'm the Alpha here. It's my command you should follow not the other way around." Kyuhyun said blinking in surprise. 

"A beta's duty is to help his Alpha lead the pack in the right way. I'm just doing my job. Be ready after breakfast." Zhoumi said smiling before walking out to make plans. 

 

Heechul woke up nestled in Hangeng's arms, using it as a pillow. Somewhere in the night she turned around and was now facing him. Heechul surprised herself by staring at his face taking in all the details. He was snoring softly which Heechul, to her horror, found cute. She tried to sneak out of the bed without waking him however it failed as Hangeng's hands shot out and pulled her down by her waist making her squeal a little. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Hangeng asked still half asleep nuzzling his face into Heechul's neck.

"It's morning." Heechul said squirming as his morning stubble tickled her sensitive skin. 

Hangeng hummed in response pressing butterfly kisses along her neck slowly moving to her jaw making Heechul shiver. 

The doorbell rang to the annoyance of Hangeng who didn't mind it and continued his advances. It continued to ring persistently making him growl and pull away from a red faced Heechul. 

"You're so cute." Hangeng said pecking her nose and getting up from the bed. 

Heechul tried not to stare at Hangeng's torso but failed and he caught her gaze. Heechul pulled the comforter up her face to hide from the embarrassment.

Hangeng chuckled as he walked out. As soon as he was gone Heechul got out of the bed. She took her time examining the room. The king size bed dominated the space. The rest of the furniture in the room complimented the room. There were two doors on her left and side. The bathroom and the closet Heechul thought to herself. 

Heechul was trying to  open the door to the balcony when she heard a squealing behind her. The moment Heechul turned around she had the living daylights hugged out of her by someone. The person hugging her was squealing something but Heechul didn't give any mind to it as she tried to focus on breathing. 

"Hae-ah, I don't think Hangeng Hyung will appreciate it if you squeeze his mate to death." Someone said from the side. 

"I'm not squeezing her, Hyukkie." Donghae said pouting and letting go of Heechul but held Heechul's hands in hers. 

"But, look at her Hyukkie, she's beautiful. A perfect match for Hangeng Oppa." Donghae said bouncing with happiness. 

"Yeah, She is." Hangeng said entering the room with a cup in his hands his eyes softening as they met Heechul's. "You drink coffee, right?" Hangeng asked her smiling. 

"Yeah." Heechul said taking the cup from him and offering him a small smile. 

"Hyung, don't say you made it. We all know you're a failure in kitchen." Eunhyuk teased. 

"I can make coffee, Hyuk." Hangeng said back glaring at Eunhyuk. 

"It's good." Heechul said after taking a sip from it. 

Hangeng felt like the smile on his face will break his face.

"They're so cute." Donghae said giggling. 

"This Hyukjae, my beta. He goes by Eunhyuk." Hangeng said gesturing to Eunhyuk who bowed to Heechul in respect. 

"And I'm Donghae. Hyukkie's mate." Donghae said excitedly then stopped and stared to the left. Heechul followed her gaze and saw Sungmin standing in the doorway. 

"I heard a commotion." Sungmin explained to Heechul.

"Everything's fine. Come here." Heechul said smiling at Sungmin reassuringly. 

Sungmin nodded her head and smiled back. 

"Who's she?" Donghae asked looking at Heechul. 

"Minnie, my bestfriend." Heechul said taking Sungmin's hand in hers. Heechul noticed the dark circles under her eyes. 

"Talking about bestfriends. Hyung, Siwon is kind off put out with you for not calling him personally." Eunhyuk said smiling. 

"Oh.... I'll call him. It's Siwon. We all know he doesn't hold grudges." Hangeng said nodding his head. 

Heechul's and Sungmin's head turned to him suddenly as they heard Siwon's name. 

"Siwon?" Heechul asked frowning, her hold on Sungmin's hand tightening. 

It was Donghae who answered. "Yes, Choi Siwon, my brother. He's the Alpha of the Lee pack."

"He and his mate are very good friends of mine." Hangeng explained. 

"Oh.." Heechul said nodding her head. 

"You'll like her. Kibummie is not much talkative but she's nice." Donghae said excitedly. 

Heechul offered a smile at the enthusiasm in Donghae's face and turned to face Sungmin who had all but gone pale.

"Excuse me, I have a head ache." Sungmin said to everyone and walked out of the room after bowing to Hangeng. 

"Is she alright?" Donghae asked worried. 

"Yeah, She always have this sudden migrane attacks." Heechul lied. 

"Hae, let's go. It's getting late I have to go to the studio." Eunhyuk said gesturing to Donghae. 

Donghae hugged Heechul one more time and shouted a cheerful 'see you in the evening' before going. 

"I need to go and check, Min." Heechul said looking at Hangeng. 

"Sure." Hangeng nodded his head. "Breakfast will be ready by then. I have some work to do so I won't be joining you for breakfast." He added taking the cup from Heechul's hand. 

"I haven't

Please log in to read the full chapter