Chapter 16

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sulli came out into the living room with a red face and no idea whatsoever of what just happened. Even though she was relieved that Hangeng and Heechul didn't fight and it definitely felt nice to see her Alpha's soft and caring side, who usually was very commanding and serious. It was still too much for her innocent eyes. She was at the door when Onew came rushing in with Eunhyuk and Shindong in tow. 

"Is Noona back?" Onew asked in a panicked tone. 

"Yeah. They both are upstairs." Sulli said trying not to blush. She always was like this with Onew. 

"Oh.. No!! He's going to tie her up to the bedpost I know it. I can't let that happen. I have to help Noona." Onew said with determination and rushed in to the house. 

"No!!" Sulli said trying to stop him but he didn't pay her any attention. 

"Is there something wrong?" Eunhyuk asked noticing Sulli's panic. 

"They are not fighting. I think they are..." Sulli said looking down at the floor embarrassed. 

"They are what?" Shindong asked looking confused. 

"They are mates... so..." Sulli trailed off her face getting even more red. 

Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows in realization as Shindong started to the stairs. 

"We have to stop Onew." He said as Eunhyuk pulled him to a stop. 

"Let him go. This'll teach him not to jump into conclusions before hearing the whole thing out. That is if he comes back alive." Eunhyuk said laughing. 

Shindong nodded and shared a grin with Eunhyuk as Sulli stared at them in horror. 

"You guys are so mean." Sulli complained pouting. 

Heechul couldn't remember how they got into this position, with her lying on the bed and a shirtless Hangeng hovering over her, pressing kisses along her neck sometimes biting to leave his mark. Heechul gasped as Hangeng pushed his hands inside her shirt running his fingers along her sides all the while teasing the skin on her neck. 

Both of them heard the knock on the door but didn't pay any attention as they had other pressing matters in hand. But the intruder was starting to get even more impatient and started knock louder.

"I'm gonna kill whoever it is." Hangeng growled pulling back from Heechul reluctantly. 

"Answer it." Heechul said running her fingers along his chest making him shudder. Hangeng closed his eyes as he nodded his head.

Onew was about to kick the door open when it was opened from the inside. 

"Hyung, don't punish Noona. She's... " Onew stopped taking in Hangeng's appearance. His eyes widened as realization hit him. 

"What?!!!" Hangeng demanded furiously glaring at Onew who took a step back unknowingly. 

Onew's words died in his throat under Hangeng's stare. It wouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to figure what was happening in the room, even without Hangeng's tousled hair and shirtless look, the look in Hangeng's eyes said it all. 

"Hyung..... I thought.." Onew stuttered. "I'm sorry." he said looking down.

"I'll deal with you later." Hangeng warned closing the door and walked back into the room to see Heechul sitting up in the bed smiling at him. His heart skipped a beat as he saw her smiling at him, it didn't help that it was the first time she smiled at him. 

"Who was it?" Heechul asked patting the space next to her as an invitation. 

"It's just Onew. I guess he thought I was going to punish you or something and came to rescue you. You have that effect on people. Everyone gets attached to you fast." Hangeng explained sitting next to her. 

"I'm not sure about that." Heechul said back. "But are you still mad at me?" Heechul asked in a small voice looking down. 

"I was never angry at you, Rella. I was just hurt. It's mostly my fault." Hangeng said back shaking his head. 

"Hangeng, look at me." Heechul said cupping his face. "I didn't leave because I think you are not good enough for me. In fact I think you're amazing. So don't doubt yourself. You're an amazing person and a very good Alpha. I'm really happy and grateful that I got you as my soul mate." Heechul said looking at Hangeng. Hangeng felt like his heart was going to break with the happiness he was feeling. "But what I did was wrong and I'm sorry I left. I didn't want to hurt you. I'm..." Heechul couldn't continue as Hangeng leaned down and pecked her. He pulled back slightly and pressed his forehead against hers.

"It's okay. I'm not hurting anymore." He reassured smiling. "Just promise me you won't leave me again. That you would stay by my side as my mate." Hangeng asked looking into her eyes. 

"I won't leave you again. I came back because I wanted to stay." Heechul said back with conviction. 

"That's enough for me." He said smiling in relief. 

Heechul smiled back and closed her eyes leaning her head against his shoulders as Hangeng threw his hands around her shoulder pulling her to him. 

"So did you rescue her?" Eunhyuk asked as Onew came down the stairs trying not to laugh. 

"Atleast my guess was right. Hyung was going to tie Noona to the bed but for an entirely different reason." He said sighing. "I think he's going to kill me." Onew said in a defeated tone as Shindong cracked up and soon was joined by Eunhyuk and Sulli. 

 

 

"Come on Minnie, it's just one game. I swear you'll be hooked after playing just one level." Kyuhyun pleaded pulling on Sungmin's skirt as he sat in front of his computer. 

"Are you a child? I can't believe you're such a game addict, Kyuhyun. Stop this now and let me go. I have better things to do than playing silly games." Sungmin said annoyed. 

"I'm hurt, Minnie. Don't you dare say that starcraft is a silly game. It's the best thing that happened to mankind." Changmin's voice came out through the speaker. 

"You're a doctor for crying out loud. Be mature." Sungmin said as Kyuhyun's phone began ringing. 

"It's Hangeng Hyung." He said making both Changmin and Sungmin shut up as he answered the call. "Hyung.." He greeted. 

"Hey, I called to say that you can let Rella's brother and his friend go. I had so much on my mind that I forgot about this. And thanks for keeping them there." Hangeng said.

"It's alright, Hyung. I'm always happy to help you. I'll let them go today." Kyuhyun said back. 

"I want to talk to Rella." Sungmin mouthed at him. 

"Hyung, is Rella around? Minnie wants to talk to her." Kyuhyun asked. 

"She's in the shower now. I'll make her call when she's finished. Bye, Kyu." Hangeng said before hanging up the call. "What did he say?" Sungmin asked as Kyuhyun placed his phone back on the table. 

"He called to tell me to let Hongki and Geunsuk go. And Rella is showering so she couldn't talk to you. He promised he'll make her call after she gets out." Kyuhyun explained. 

"He won't let her call. I'm sure of it." Sungmin said snorting. 

"What they do is their thing. We shouldn't interfere with it." Kyuhyun advised. 

"Rella is my best friend. What happens to her matters to me." Sungmin said back frowning. "I'm going to tell Hongki the good news." she added before walking out of the game room. 

"I hope she's okay and Hyung's not giving her a hard time." Changmin said in a worried tone. 

"Why do you care?" Kyuhyun asked frowning. "I told you before she's Hangeng Hyung's mate. She likes him not you. Stop pinning over someone else's mate and go find your's."

"Shut up, Minnie will hear it." Changmin said panicking. 

"She's not here. But I'm serious you should stop this or Hangeng Hyung will kill you." Kyuhyun warned. 

"Why should he? I'm not doing anything." Changmin defended. "I just find her interesting."

"You're hopeless. I can only pray that you find your mate soon so that you'll get over your infactuation or you'll be a dead man soon." Kyuhyun said sighing. 

"I'm not infactuated." Changmin complained. "And talking about death have you told Teukie Noona about Minnie?"

"No, I haven't. I'm worried that she'll kill me when she gets to know it." Kyuhyun said laughing slightly. 

"You better tell her soon or else you'll be a dead man." Changmin warned while laughing.

"I know that but I care for her so I don't want her to make a huge fuss over this." Kyuhyun said in a fond tone.

Sungmin frowned as she overheard the exchange. 

"Teukie?" She whispered replaying Kyuhyun's words. 

"Whatever. Are we gonna play? I'm going to beat you on this one." Kyuhyun said adjusting his screen. 

"Bring it on, loser." Changmin said laughing. 

Sungmin walked with Hongki and Geunsuk to the door to see them off. 

"Thank you Noona for taking care of me." Hongki said smiling. 

"Don't thank you. You're my little brother it's my duty to take care of you." Sungmin said ruffling his hair fondly as Kyuhyun watched from the side with jealousy. "Are you going back with him?" she asked gesturing to Geunsuk. 

"I'

Please log in to read the full chapter