Chapter 14

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hangeng came back early having made a decision to talk it out with Heechul and get things back to normal. But to his  anger and dissappointment he found the house empty. He was about to go look for her when she came back.  With Changmin. He knew that Changmin liked her as a friend Jaejoong assured him that the other day but it didn't stop the jealous feeling that bubbled up in his chest.

At first he thought he was mad because Heechul didn't tell him Changmin was coming but what really made him mad was seeing her laugh with Changmin something she never did with him. That hurt him more than he wanted to admit. It took all his self control not to punch Changmin and pull Heechul to him. 

"Hangeng." Heechul said in a surprised tone making him turn his attention to her. 

"Where were you?" Hangeng asked taking his eyes from Changmin to look at Heechul and trying to keep himself from shouting. 

"We went out for lunch." Heechul said in a small voice. Heechul felt going dry under the intense stare of Hangeng. 

"Didn't I told you not to leave the house? Is it that hard for you to listen to me?" Hangeng shouted  then closed his eyes trying to calm down. "I know I was being difficult. But I was behaving like that because I'm hurt by your actions. I was trying to give you space but you still do the same." Hangeng asked in a long suffering tone. 

"No..I.." Heechul started to explain but Hangeng stopped her by putting his hands forward. 

"I came back early because I was worried that you're alone in the house. But I can see that you're not at all alone. " Hangeng said gesturing to Changmin before turning around and walking into the house slamming the door behind him. 

Heechul stared at the closed door with a look of hurt. 

"I'm so sorry, Rella. I think Hyung misunderstood. I'll go and talk to him." Changmin offered noticing Heechul's expression. 

"No, it's okay. Don't worry. And I'm not sure how he'll react if you try to talk to him." Heechul said shaking her head. 

"But I'm worried how he'll treat you. He looked pretty mad." Sungmin said looking worried. 

"He won't hurt me, Min. I'm sure of that. He may yell but that's okay. Yelling is better than the silent treatment I've been receiving." Heechul stated sighing. 

Sungmin nodded her head hesitantly. Then suddenly remembered something and began to look through her purse. 

"Here. Take this. I want to talk to you without your mate screening our calls." Sungmin said handing over her phone. 

"This is Kyuhyun's, right? What are you going to tell him?" Heechul asked pocketing the device. 

"I'll tell him I lost it or something. I'll manage it." Sungmin said hugging Heechul. 

"Take care and Min, have a nice dinner." Heechul wished smiling. 

"Bye Rella." Changmin waved and walked to his car with Sungmin. 

"You can also leave, Onew. I'll see you tomorrow I guess." Heechul said to Onew who nodded his head. 

Heechul took a deep breath before stepping into the house after Onew left.Her wolf was angry at her for letting this happen and was giving her a hard time. She met with Hangeng who was coming down the stairs. 

"Going somewhere?" Heechul asked noticing him taking his keys from the table. 

"I'll be late." He said getting his jacket. 

"Hangeng, we just went out for lunch. I didn't know Changmin was coming. He only came because Kyuhyun was busy and couldn't come with Minnie." Heechul explained. Even though Hangeng was standing with his back to her she knew he was listening. 

"Why didn't you call me when he came? Didn't I explain it to you yesterday that people can't just come and go as they please in my pack?" Hangeng asked still not facing Heechul. 

"I didn't think like that. Moreover Changmin's not a threat. You know him." Heechul said back in a small tone trying not to start a fight. 

"It's not for you to decide whether Changmin is a threat or not." Hangeng said back then snorted. "Oh.. I forgot that you make decisions yourself and you don't follow anyone's

Please log in to read the full chapter