Chapter 25

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin got the shock of her life when she opened the door in the morning to see Sungmin's form shivering on the doorstep. 

"Oppa!!" Taemin shouted for Hongki as she bent down beside Sungmin. 

Geunsuk and Hongki rushed out of the house on hearing Taemin's panicked cry.

"Noona..!!" Hongki cried out running to Sungmin's side. 

"What happened to her?" Geunsuk asked watching Hongki trying to wake her.

"I don't know. She's burning up, hyung." Hongki said looking panicked.

"Bring her inside. Taeminnie, get something hot for her to drink." Geunsuk ordered. 

Hongki picked her up as Taemin ran into the house. 

Hongki laid Sungmin down on the couch as Geunsuk threw a comforter around her. 

"She's just having a fever. Who knows how long she spent waiting outside in the rain. Don't worry. She'll be fine." Geunsuk comforted placing his hands on Hongki's shoulder. "I'll be upstairs. Call me when she wakes up."

Hongki nodded his head watching Sungmin in worry. 

Sungmin opened her eyes slowly after few hours and tried to sit up catching Hongki's attention. 

"Noona!!.. You're awake. We're so worried. Do you feel fine? What happened?" Hongki rushed to her side helping her to sit. 

"Oppa, let Unnie breath. I'll go and call Geunsuk Oppa." Taemin scolded. 

"I'm fine, Hongki ah." Sungmin said trying to smile. 

"What happened, Noona? Why are you here?  Where's Alpha Kyuhyun?" Hongki enquired. 

Hearing Kyuhyun's name felt like a thousand needles where pricking at her heart. She couldn't stop the tears that brimmed in her eyes. 

"I don't want to talk about it. Just let me stay here for a few days then I'll be out of your hair." Sungmin said wiping her eyes. 

"You have to talk about. Or I'll have to call Kyuhyun." Geunsuk said entering the room. 

"No!! Don't call him. Please I beg you." Sungmin sobbed. 

"Unnie... What happened to you? Did he hurt you?" Taemin asked taking Sungmin's hand. 

"Sungmin, I have nothing against you. But I can't let you stay here like that. Last time I helped you guys Hangeng nearly killed me and Hongki. You know your mate's not a saint." Geunsuk explained. 

"He won't even know I was here. And I don't think he's gonna look for me. I'm not what he wants. I'm just holding him back. Please let me stay. I have nowhere else to go." Sungmin broke down. 

Taemin pulled Sungmin close to her murmuring it's ok. 

Geunsuk's heart went out for the beautiful girl who was breaking down in front of him. 

"Hyung, please." Hongki whispered looking close to tears. 

"Sungmin.... Stop crying." Geunsuk said looking at her. "Fine, I'll let you stay." 

Sungmin wiped her tears and looked at Geunsuk in gratitude. 

"I hope that whatever happened was a good enough reason for you to leave your mate. Think once more. He's your mate. He'll never do anything to hurt you." Geunsuk said. 

"You're right. He never did anything to just hurt me. He killed me." Sungmin said in a hollow tone. 

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

 

Hangeng was just getting out of the shower when his phone began ringing. He frowned on seeing Kyuhyun's name knowing there's something wrong. 

"Hey, Kyu?" Hangeng answered. 

"Hyung!!!" came Kyuhyun's panicked voice from the other side. "Hyung, is Minnie there? She's missing. Please tell me she's there." Kyuhyun pleaded. 

"No, she's not here, Kyu. And what do you mean?  She's missing?" Hangeng asked frowning.

"She ran away." Kyuhyun said finally breaking down. 

"What??  What happenend?" 

"It's all my fault. I made her leave. We had a fight yesterday. I said some very hurtful words. I regretted it the moment I said. Believe me. I never wanted to hurt her. I just said it in the heat in the moment. I left the house to cool off and crashed at Zhoumi's place. When I came back she's not here. I never wanted to hurt her, Hyung. Please believe me." Kyuhyun sobbed. 

"I know and I believe you. I know you won't hurt her intentionally. We'll find her. I'll do everything I can do to help you." Hangeng promised hearing his friend's cries. 

"Hyung, does Rella know anything about her,? Please ask her. Please, Hyung. I feel like I'm dying." Kyuhyun begged. 

"I don't think she know anything but I'll ask her. I'll call you back if she have any news. But you've to stop being like this and help your pack find your mate. Be the Alpha you are." Hangeng said infusing his Alpha tone. 

"I can't, Hyung. I'm such an . I'm such a loser." Kyuhyun said in a dejected voice. 

"You're not. We're all here to help you. We'll find her. I'll come down there soon. Don't do anything rash." Hangeng said before hanging up. He made sure to send a text to Zhoumi reminding him to keep an eye on Kyuhyun before getting dressed and rushing downstairs. He made sure to mask his emotions before going to Heechul. 

Hangeng found Heechul in the kitchen talking to Sulli once again he was struck with the thought of how lucky he was to get someone as beautiful as Heechul as his mate. 

"Are you trying to drill a hole in my head?" Heechul smiled playfully, turning around. 

"Leave." Hangeng mindlinked Sulli as he started to walk towards Heechul. 

Sulli nodded and bowed to Hangeng before leaving the room. 

"Did you ask her to leave?" Heechul asked narrowing her eyes. 

"What if I did? I want to talk to my mate." Hangeng shrugged pulling Heechul to him. "Alone." he whispered against her lips before kissing her. 

"Like you don't get to spent time with me. Should I remind you about yesterday night and today morning?" Heechul mocked smiling. 

"You should. Let's go back to our room where you can enlighten me thoroughly." Hangeng said winking at her. 

"You're insatiable." Heechul giggled kissing him. But she could feel that he was trying to hide something from her. She pulled back frowning. 

"Is something bothering you?" Heechul asked running her fingers through his hair. 

"No, I'm fine." Hangeng lied smiling. "Did your friend call you or something?" 

"Who? Min? No. But I was about to call her. Why did you ask?" Heechul asked. 

"Oh, nothing. I just couldn't get to Kyuhyun. May be they went out or something? Don't disturb them." Hangeng said pecking her. "I have to go. There's some issues with the pack. I'll be going out of town."

"Alright. Come back soon. I'll be lonely." Heechul said pecking him back. 

"I'll be back soon. Be safe. That's an order." Hangeng said kissing her forehead before leaving the room. 

 

"Minnie ran away again!!!" Onew shouted in surprise. 

"Yes, she did. Now keep it down. I want our best trackers to go into the city to look for her. And there should always be someone at the borders. And pass the messages to the nearby packs." Hangeng ordered looking at Eunhyuk who nodded his head. 

"And one more thing. I don't want Heechul to know this. No one, especially Onew, is to tell her anything. She'll do something rash like going to look for her friend. I don't want her out there. Do you all understand me?" Hangeng asked as the others nodded their heads.

"Good. Now do what I said. I have to go to the Cho pack. Onew come with me." Hangeng ordered before walking out. 

"Hyung, why are keeping things like this from Noona?" Onew asked following Hangeng to his car. 

"You'll understand it when you find your mate. It's our instinct. I want her to be happy and safe all the time. I just want to keep her away from potential danger. And if your mate's someone as hot headed as mine everything will seem potentially dangerous." Hangeng said smiling fondly.

"Hyung, you're so whipped." Onew

Please log in to read the full chapter