Chapter 9

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

The moment she woke up Sungmin knew something was wrong, call it a hunch, it left an unsettling feeling in her. As soon as she washed her face and brushed her teeth she went to Heechul's room. To her surprise the door was not locked. 

"Chullie.." Sungmin called out. She tried to calm herself by saying Heechul will be in the bathroom. She opened the door to the bathroom to find it empty. She turned around when she heard someone behind her. 

"Hongki..!!!" Sungmin whispered in surprise as she saw him standing by the door. 

"Noona.." He greeted smiling slightly. 

"Oh my god... You're alive. Chullie will be so happy. She was devastated when they said you're dead." Sungmin squealed as she tackled him in a hug.

"Noona already knows. I met her yesterday." Hongki said pulling out of the hug. 

"Yesterday? And she didn't tell me? I'm gonna kill her for not saying this to me." Sungmin said pouting. 

"Heechul Noona left." Hongki said sadly. 

"Left?" Sungmin asked confused. "What do you mean?"

"Jaewook only wanted Heechul Noona. So she left. She didn't want to put you in danger. She wants you to go back to your mate." Hongki explained. 

"What the hell... That !!." Sungmin shouted angrily and pushed past Hongki to get to her room. 

She had tears streaming down her face as she packed her things quickly. 

"Where did she go?" Sungmin demanded wiping her cheek with the back of her hand. 

"I don't know." Hongki lied. 

"You're lying. Tell me now. Please." Sungmin pleaded.

"She got on a bus to Busan. That's all I know." Hongki said. "But... "

Sungmin didn't wait for him to finish as she rushed out of the room. She was turning around a corner when she collided with someone. She groaned as she felt tingles from his touch. She should have known that Heechul would made sure she'll end up with Kyuhyun one way or the other. 

"Minnie.." Kyuhyun whispered. 

Sungmin took a deep breath to calm her heart and wolf before pushing him away. She was about to step into the lift when Kyuhyun grabbed her arms. 

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked angrily. 

"Away from you. Let me go." Sungmin said back.

"In your dreams. You're coming with me." Kyuhyun ordered. 

"I don't want to." Sungmin said back struggling to get him loosen his hold. 

Kyuhyun tightened his hold on her and masked his hurt from hearing her words. "I don't care whether you want to come or not. I'll take you with me. I'm done giving you space. Now on we're doing things my way. I've let you run away from me once. Not again. Not in this life." Kyuhyun shouted furiously. He was beginning to shake with anger. 

Sungmin's struggle weakened as the urge to submit to him began to grow. 

"Kui Xian... " Zhoumi called changing Kyuhyun's attention to him. Sungmin used this distraction to push him away and run in the direction of the stairs. 

Kyuhyun was startled for a moment. ".." He cursed before rushing down the stairs to catch Sungmin followed by Zhoumi. 

Sungmin knew her attempt was futile and that he will catch her but she had to try. She was on the second floor landing when Kyuhyun caught her by her waist. 

"Enough!! " Kyuhyun shouted furiously luckily for them the hallway was empty. "Enough of this!! You're coming with me. Don't make me angrier." Kyuhyun warned as Sungmin started to struggle in his hands.

Sungmin didn't spare any notice to his warning and struggled more. 

"Knock her out." Kyuhyun ordered Zhoumi who looked hesitant for a second. "Now!!" Kyuhyun demanded. 

Zhoumi took a deep breath and pressed his fingers on the pressure point behind her neck making Sungmin unconscious in the blink of an eye. 

"Go and clear the things with the front desk. I'll take her by the back entrance." Kyuhyun said pulling her up and carrying her bridal style. Zhoumi nodded and rushed down the stairs. 

"I'm sorry. I don't have any other choice I can't let you run away again. I'm sorry." He whispered kissing her forehead before carrying her out. 

"The extent they're willing to go to get their mates back amazes me." Geun Suk commented watching Kyuhyun carrying Sungmin from a third story window. 

"I didn't like it." Hongki said annoyed. "It's her choice whether or not to go with him."

"Are you saying that you'll let your mate go if she doesn't want to stay?" Geun Suk asked raising an eyebrow. 

Hongki was silent for a moment. 

"That's what I meant." Geun Suk said chuckling. "Moreover she want to go with him. It's the love for her bestfriend that's stopping her." He explained 

"I still don't like it." Hongki pouted. 

"I was wondering whether Hangeng would like to know where his beautiful mate has ran away to." Geun Suk said thoughtfully. 

"You wouldn't dare. I don't want to force her to go back. She had been forced to do things her whole life. I won't let anyone do that again." Hongki said getting angry. 

"It was just a thought." Geun Suk said putting his hands up in surrender. 

"It better stay like that." Hongki warned before walking back. 

 

 

Hangeng was about to take a shower when his phone rang. He almost tripped

Please log in to read the full chapter