Chapter 5

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hangeng and Heechul were taking a walk in the park after they finished lunch. Hangeng had a firm hold on Heechul's waist and was glaring at anyone who dared to take a second glance at Heechul. 

"Will you stop it? If you don't want anyone to look at me then you shouldn't have suggested to take a walk in such a crowded place." Heechul said getting annoyed with Hangeng after hearing him growling lowly for the tenth time. 

"I didn't know this place would be this crowded." Hangeng said back frowning. 

"Whatever. Let's sit somewhere." Heechul said rolling her eyes. "So you're Chinese?" Heechul asked as they sat on a bench. 

"Yeah. My parents are in China. My father owns the company and I'm the head of the Korean branch." Hangeng explained, happy that Heechul was taking interest in getting to know him. 

Heechul knew she was getting close to him and she had to admit that she was starting to harbour feelings for him. And her wolf was happy that she's not thinking of running away. So she decided to enjoy being with him until she leave since it made her wolf happy and she liked him too. 

"Did you belong to any pack before? Or were you a rogue your whole life?" Hangeng asked bringing Heechul out of her thoughts. 

"Um... I....uh..." Heechul bit her lip not knowing what to say. She had to come up with something quickly or Hangeng will start to have doubts. Luckily for Heechul Hangeng's phone began ringing saving her from the moment of truth. 

Heechul stared at him as he began to talk in rapid fire Chinese to whoever was on the other side. The only thing that she understood was that whatever they were talking was making Hangeng annoyed and angry. 

"We have to go now. There's an emergency." Hangeng said in an urgent tone getting up.

Heechul decided not to question him now as they practically ran to where his car was parked. 

"What's wrong?" Heechul asked as Hangeng started the car. 

Hangeng was silent for a moment contemplating whether he should tell Heechul what's going on. 

"Just pack issues." Hangeng said simply. 

Heechul nodded her head and stared out of the window.

"I'm going to drop you off at Hyuk's place. Stay there until I come and get you." Hangeng said in a serious tone getting her attention. 

"No, take me home. Minnie's there alone. She'll get worried." Heechul said shaking her head in worry. 

"Onew's there with her. She'll be safe, I promise." Hangeng said stopping the car in front of a house. 

Donghae was already waiting in the driveway. 

"Rella's staying here until I come for her." Hangeng said to Donghae who nodded her head. 

"Stay here." Hangeng said to Heechul in a commanding tone.

Heechul nodded head knowing she have no other choice. 

"I'll be back soon." He said pulling Heechul to him and pecking her forehead before leaving. 

Heechul stood there watching him until he took a turn and vanished. 

"Don't worry. Oppa knows what he's doing. And Hyukkie's also there." Donghae said offering a reassuring smile. 

Heechul smiled back and followed her into the house. 

As soon as Hangeng got out of the car he was flanked by Eunhyuk and Onew. 

"Where's Noona?" Onew asked noticing that Hangeng's alone. 

"I dropped her off at Hyuk's place. I don't want her anywhere near Kyuhyun when he's not in control." Hangeng explained getting a nod of understanding from Eunhyuk. 

"That's good, Hyung. I also ordered Hae to not leave the house." Eunhyuk said. 

"Where's he?" Hangeng asked as they walked into the house. 

"He's in front of the girls room. Zhoumi and shindong Hyung are there. He won't let anyone go near him. He tried to attack Shindong Hyung when he tried to enter the corridor." Eunhyuk explained. 

"He hasn't shifted yet, has he?" Hangeng asked taking the stairs. 

"Nope, but he might." Eunhyuk said getting worried. 

Hangeng took a deep breath before nodding his head. 

 

Donghae and Heechul were sitting in the living room. Donghae chatting continuously about anything and everything making Heechul laugh along with her. Heechul found Donghae very interesting and was starting to like her. 

"Will Hangeng be okay?" Heechul asked. Her wolf was pestering her the moment Hangeng left and she herself was worried for him. 

"Oppa'll be fine. He's always knows what to do. If only your friend let Kyu mark her rather than running away there would've been no problem. Hyukkie marked me the moment he had his hands on me. I didn't try to escape to say the truth I did the exact opposite." Donghae said smiling at the memory. 

"What?!!! Who tried to mark Minnie?" Heechul shouted getting up. 

Donghae looked confused for a moment before answering. "Kyuhyun, Alpha of the Cho pack. Minnie's his mate. I thought Hangeng Oppa told you."

"He didn't tell me anything. That jerk. I have to be there. I need to see Minnie." Heechul said desperately.

"But Oppa told you to stay here." Donghae reminded. 

"I don't care what he said. He lied to me." Heechul snarled already at the door. 

"It's for your own safety." Donghae said following her.

"Safety... My ." Heechul said opening the door but stopped with her hand on the handle to face Donghae. "Do you have a car? Can you drive me there?" Heechul asked.

"I do have a car. But I can't drive you there. Hyukkie said not to leave the house I can't disobey him. I'm sorry." Donghae said shaking her head. 

"Fine, give me the key." Heechul asked extending her hands. 

"But Oppa.. " Donghae started. 

"Just give me the damn key." Heechul yelled making Donghae take a step back at the power in Heechul's voice. She turned and got the keys from the table and handed them to Heechul. 

"I'm sorry for yelling. I'll return your car without even a scratch." Heechul promised before running out into the driveway. 

 

Kyuhyun was seeing red. His wolf couldn't take it when his mate pushed him away. Ofcourse he was not expecting to find her soon he wanted to enjoy his bachelor life just a little more. But that doesn't mean he never wanted to find her or it won't affect him if she ran away from him. He just wanted to mark her as his. 

"Kui Xian, calm down. You're terrifying her." Zhoumi said taking a step into the landing only to be stopped by a warning growl from Kyuhyun. 

"Mine." He growled lowly. 

Sungmin could clearly what was happening outside and she was terrified what will happen if she opened the door. 

"Heechul, where are you?" Sungmin asked feeling helpless. Her wolf was whining at her for running away from her mate. And it didn't help that her mind kept replaying the smouldering gaze of her mate making her shiver in a good way. 

 

"Gege, you're here." Zhoumi said relieved seeing Hangeng coming up the stairs. 

Hangeng nodded and offered a small smile in Zhoumi's direction. His gaze fell on Kyuhyun who was pacing in front of the room. 

"Kyu.. " He called making Kyuhyun turn to face him. 

"Mine." Kyuhyun said his stare moving from Hangeng to the closed door. 

"Yes. She is yours." Hangeng agreed stepping into the corridor not minding Kyuhyun's warning growl. "No one will take her away from you. So calm down and give her some time. Let's go to my study and talk." Hangeng said in a calm tone while on the inside he was feeling anything but calm. 

"I won't leave without her." Kyuhyun said shaking his head defiantly. His eyes narrowing into slits. 

"I'm not asking you to leave her. We'll let Onew and Shindong keep watch while we talk." Hangeng offered. 

"She's mine to protect." Kyuhyun said back angrily. 

Just then Onew came up the stairs. 

"Hyung!! Rella Noona is on her way. Hae Noona called me just now." He said panting. 

"!!!. I told her to stay there." Hangeng shouted all the calmness disappearing from his voice and he was shaking with anger making the others except

Please log in to read the full chapter